Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Avalanche Freeze

CheeseHasLeafs

Question

hey,

I was just wondering if this is normal? if not I'll post this in bugs. But after upgrading my avalanche to level 3, the freeze time on it is suddenly several times longer. That is, the freeze time before the ability does its damage.

I wouldn't have any problem with it, but the game treats it as power in use, so I can't melee during that freeze time, which is slightly annoying.

EDIT: Nevermind, I respec'ed and tested it, upgrading my avalanche to only 2. Turns out, yes, Level 3 avalanche has a peculiarly long freeze time, where level 1 and 2 doesn't. Weird, because I don't really see the point of it, and the Avalanche boost in the upgrade tree only states that boosting it 'increases the range'.

The only reason I can think of is to give more time to pound enemies that won't necessarily die from 1k damage? like Ancients or Heavies.

Edited by CheeseHasLeafs

5 answers to this question

I don't think it's actually just rank 3 that's causing it. I had rank 3 before and my avalanche was detonating just fine. It was when I started putting in power range mods where the delay really got crazy. It doesn't really matter most of the time, but in defense missions it can make waves a lot longer. Other times though, it's convienent since it grants you a long time to kill the big guys, like Disrupters and even bosses.

Anyway it looks like a bug, since you can shoot but cannot use melee. I have this problem too - it's kinda cool, but inconsistent behavior should be fixed - either it will detonate immediately under all possible circumstances or with delayed detonate (but also under all possible circumstances).