Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Damage 2.0 Overhaul

YagoXiten

http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/3537/yn8x.png

From what I can tell, this is actually really balanced. You can do rainbow builds, but I would not say it's strictly better than trying to get an Impact weapon that specializes against Corpus, or a Puncture weapon for Grineer, or a Slashing weapon for Infested. Also, some of the 'generalist' builds are only possible on certain weapon types as you only have access to two Heat mods on a primary, two Cold mods on a secondary, and two Electric on a melee.

There's no large detriments, it's intuitive, and everything has some tradeoffs.

If someone notices any glaringly broken combinations, let me know. So far I've yet to see any. I know Corrosive and Radiation are 250% modifiers, but keep in mind that the status chance effects of some of the others can greatly affect their power, and that the distribution of Shields, Armor, Flesh, Infested, and Robotics are NOT equal in the game!

Additional food for thought:

Perhaps make elemental effects triggering be based upon your weapon's status chance? Say if you have a base 20% chance to proc a status, and you have Cold and Heat on the weapon, you have a 20% chance of causing Cold, a 20% chance of causing Heat, and a 4% chance of causing Blast. (My math on probabilities might be wrong, but you get the idea.)

EDIT:

So the forums ruined my formatting.

Edited by YagoXiten

you sir, earn my like

sine you are the only 1 NOT offending damage 2.2 (not a Typo, this sin't 2.0 anymore)

combo elements should not be that favoured over base elements. 

Those probably need to be balanced out a little better but thank goodness people are trying to propose alternates without raging over the current ones. 

@Op, Physical types are good. Maybe reduce their resistances to -25% instead of 50. 

1st tier element should probably have all the resisted types taken out completely. (Thank you for making Volt the corpus frame again.)

Electric should be resisted by infested instead of armor if you choose to keep resistances.  

Combo elements... A little bit Op compared to regular ones. 

I'd recommend toning them down and give them all at least 1 resistance. Each one should distribute 150% damage and one -25% resistance. Or having no resistances but only hitting 125-100%. 

Blast is like a heated impact so I would recommend for it. Shield; 25% Armor; 0% Flesh; 25% Infested; 25% Robotics; 25% Total; 100%

While Magnetic would be more like Shield; 75% Armor; 0% Flesh 0% Infested; -25%, Robotics; 75% Total; 125%  

Corrosive Shield; 0% Armor 75% Flesh 0% Infested 0% Robotics 50% Total; 125%

Gas Shields; 0% Armor; 25% Flesh; 75% Infested 50% Robots; -25% Total 125%

Radiation Shields; 50% Armor; 0% Flesh 25%; Infested; 0% Robots 50% Total 125%

Viral; Shields; -25% Armor; 0% Flesh 100% Infested 50% Robotics 0% Total 125%

This means that physical types are strong while in faction, but are just a little weak when out of faction.  

While 1st tier elements are slightly weaker than physical types(75 total bonus compared to 100), but have no resistances. Which helps frames like Volt/Ember/Frost/Saryn who use those types to deal damage. 

2nd tier elements are stronger but come at a cost compared to 1st tier elements for the extra 25-50% more bonus they provide.