Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lato Prime And Vandal Variation Disappointment.

Seldom

So my favourite weapon to use in this game for a long time was the Lato Vandal (feel free to moan about how weak and boring it is bla bla bla) and with damage 2.0 i decided to try out all the weapons that have remained mostly unused for a long time.

When i came back to my Vandal i was excited to see what damage types it had been given and what purpose it would serve in game now. I have the Vandal and the Prime (and still my original until i need the space) so remembering the talk about how the Bratons were going to have differing specs to make them worth having there different states i thought that the Latos would follow suit. What i found instead was the Vandal is a very very small upgrade on the original and the Prime is an even smaller upgrade on the Vandal but all with very similar ratio on Impact, Puncture and Slash.

The only thing i can assume is as these weapons are not available anymore they have just been overlooked as i cant see a reason to have one that just makes the others obsolete that was the whole reason Damage 2.0 was made.

Which is fair enought but to be direct upgrades of each other is just the wrong set up imo. Means two out of the three weapons are pointless to ever use :( .

Except for the bragging rights of having it. It's more or less a trophy gun now, seeing as how no one else can ever get it.

The only part about that that doesn't make sense to me is, if the Braton series were balanced around each other to make each of them viable for different enemies, including the Braton Vandal, then why not the Lato series as well?

Edited by CaptainPeanut

As an event weapon, its only a matter of time before it is relese into another event. As long as its in the game, im sure there would be another chance to get one. But dont get your hopes up :P

Braton and Lato Vandal were gifts to people who were in the closed beta. They weren't event weapons as far as I know, but I joined in open beta. Pretty certain that they aren't ever coming back because of this reason.

I think the simple solution to this is just to change the ratios,

Lato-Slash

Lato Vandal-Impact

Lato Prime- Puncture

Or swap the last two ether way just swap the ratios around a bit. Reckon this must have just been an overlook during setting up 2.0 specs cant see this being done this way deliberately.

As an event weapon, its only a matter of time before it is relese into another event. As long as its in the game, im sure there would be another chance to get one. But dont get your hopes up :P

Like said above, the Braton Vandal and Lato Vandal were not event weapons.

Braton Vandal was available for 1 credit to anyone who played during the open beta weekend.

Lato Vandal was available when the game went into open beta.