The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Vortex Crash - Is He Back?

LazerusKI

Happened to a member of our team today during a Void Defense - ok a crash can happen sometimes, maybe it was not related to vortex.

until then i had only massive fps drops with larger groups, mainly during the last 3 waves of void defense, also very often the "split" between its visual and physical effect. but never a crash

But now i got it myself

How?

I have thrown vortex, hit a grineer napalm in the face while running towards him - he knocked me down.

in the exact same moment while i was falling to the ground, Vortex was activating, pulling me towards the center

(yes, Vortex can still affect the players while they fall to the ground, also there is a small initial pull at its activation)

i reached the center in not even a second - together with a bunch of enemies...thats the last thing i could see...game crashed, send the report file, now im here

Edited by LazerusKI

That pull-in from the vortex is a lag issue. You have a little bit of client-to-host delay and your Vortex is suddenly sucking your allies up for half a second. I also noticed that the crash (or INTENSE lag) happens when I have two vortexes up with a lot of power duration and body parts (among other things) floating about in them.

Edited by Sweetie_Belle