The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Could A Spear Work? ( Need Feedback Please)

Baconweaver

For the weapons competition, I am planning on making a corpus lance called the Victa, using electric damage and puncture for normal attacks, and creating a bolt of slow moving energy dealing magnetic for it's charge attack, effectively making a throwing weapon that does not imitate a boomerang, and acts as a heavy melee weapon. When the bolt hits a target, wall, or the distance limit, it would dissipate. Any approval or revisions I should consider? This is definitely a first for me, and I want to make a difference in this game. 

mCxZ3OB.jpg

Picture will be updated as I continue. The current sketch is very basic.

Edited by Baconweaver

as for the grip. i would say put in "spear/lance" or "Polearm"  And if you have art of it. a drawing you made. add that aswell its needed So folks can see what you mean aswell. you are free to enter it in the competition ofcourse.   And it sounds like a nice idea. Personally i would say thats its fine to be entered, There still is plenty of time to work on it so take your time.

as for the grip. i would say put in "spear/lance" or "Polearm"  And if you have art of it. a drawing you made. add that aswell its needed So folks can see what you mean aswell. you are free to enter it in the competition ofcourse.   And it sounds like a nice idea. Personally i would say thats its fine to be entered, There still is plenty of time to work on it so take your time.

I am no Da Vinci, so a drwing will take time.

even for a very very base that looks very nice   "Electro magnetic lance" mhm. the two prongs at the end for my guess greate the magnetic bolt for the charge attack mhm? and for normal they are simply electrified, used in stabbing attacks? Hence the puncture i imagine

you are correct

The issue with a thrusting weapon is that it's a single target attack only.  And as we know with Long Swords, that sucks.  Because in Warframe, outside of Bosses, and you never want to melee a boss unless you're looking for E-peen points, you rarely ever face less than two attackers at once.

The Orthos is probably the best example of how to use a spear in game.  Because the Orthos IS a spear, double ended, but still a spear.

The issue with a thrusting weapon is that it's a single target attack only.  And as we know with Long Swords, that sucks.  Because in Warframe, outside of Bosses, and you never want to melee a boss unless you're looking for E-peen points, you rarely ever face less than two attackers at once.

The Orthos is probably the best example of how to use a spear in game.  Because the Orthos IS a spear, double ended, but still a spear.

the orthos is not a spear, it is more of a bladed quarterstaff. And weapons like the glaive and kestrel circumvent the single target issue with being thrown and having puncture available to them in mods. The victa will also be able to throw a bolt more often, as there is no reason for the bolt to return when it can simply dissiapte.

Having played a lot of Dynasty Warriors in my day, there seems to be two main ways a spear is used in that game.  The first way is lots of quick jabs which aren't very good against groups but are great when fighting strong, high priority targets like enemy generals or in this game heavies and bosses.  The second way is to sweep it around which gives you good attacks vs. groups but are fairly slow and don't do as well against high priority targets.  I would think that a good, well balanced spear would have quick jabs for its normal attacks and a big sweeping attack for its charge, allowing you to switch between focus firing on a single target or doing a big, room clearing charge attack.  It wouldn't be as good for single target as daggers or as good at doing wide attacks as a heavy weapon but it'd be able to do both fairly well making it a jack of all trades melee weapon, which is what I feel a spear should be.  After all, spears were used usually by regular ground troops so making the weapon versatile but not as good as a more specialized melee weapon in their one area of expertise would promote that feel.