Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Faction Idea.

DolgVlaPet

☞ It's pretty raw and I would like to hear more opinios from the rest of the players, after all, I am pretty new here...

So, there is Corpus... Weak at close range, but full of nasty little tricks. Robotic/Humanoid origins. Greenir, humans, brute and armored guys, balanced, good in melee and ranged attacks, hard to kill without decent damage/mods or aiming to the head, good faction. And infected guys... Pure melee and weakining abilities that will make you wake up in the middle of the night and cry deeply into a pillow. So for now there is... Balanced faction, ranged and melee. But all 3 are preferable to take from a distance (Unless they are low level, of course, then it doesn't matter, just grate with your sword everything that is still moving), robotics, mutants and humans. So... 4th faction should be something entirelly different. Something to make player to develop new combat tactics, to get him off balance, after being familiarised with other 3. My idea is (Dramatic drums):

☢ Someone weak and powerfull at same time, low HP, but the ability to making the range attacks pretty much not entirelly absolete, but harder to deal some real damage. The idea is... I though, there is this warframe "Nix", guy is a psyonic. So, psyonic ability is discovered in this awesome univers, which means... Why should he be the only one who know how to use it? A entire faction of humanoid/alien (As you please) origin who dominate psyonic abilities. Melee units who can turn invisible and hit you from behind with a sniper rifle, troopers with blinking ability, close range assault troopers who can pull or push you, support units who can heal and shield the rest of troop inside their forcefield (Only when the shielder is killed, you can attack other guys) and as for bonus, some special unit with "Loki's" ability to nullify temporaly ranged weapons. Those units will need a whole new tactical approach, more stealth or melee.

The point is... To create sligtly different kind of enemy, harder to get from range while you are sweeping corridors, like usually. I liked what they did with the doors for Corpus, so classic brute force-rush, running from room to room is harder, because you have to take care of those cameras first, or they'll set a force field. This changes your tactics a bit, you stop running non-stop with a gun in your hand, gunning down everything alive, you will take it a bit slower, looking for cameras on the ceiling. So, that made me think, there should be a different kind of enemy, something that will make you change the tactics... Those should be:

-Rare to find.

-Outcast, feared and despiced by other factions.

-Human or alien origin. Maybe, a bit of both. Cloning greenir experiment, gone rogue.

-There are less of those guys on the battlefield, but they are harder to fight.

-No need for alarm sistems, they are connected telepatically one with another, make some animation the give you the idea they spotted you or they are calling backup. They do not talk, except for cry of pain, while you are slaying their life out. Psyonic-based abilities, offensive, defensive, supportive and tactical.

-Melee and ranged, as well as Greneer and Corpus, but with those abilities they would force the player into melee mostly. Would be nice to arm melee units with "Cronus" swords and (I know, I am asking too much), add "Block" to the game (Alt button would be proper, I think), if pressed all the time, block button repels the melee (Melee only) attack, if pressed in exact time, the effect would be the same as hard hit (Without damage, though), staggering an enemy for a brief moment, making him opened for a fast counter-attack. Block feature could be usefull as well if developers thinking about adding PVP eventually.

Aproximate visual concept: http://th03.devianta...ctusFuturus.jpg

(Not mine, though. Found this drawing at DeviantArt).

Backstory: The faction is a direct result of Greenir's cloning experiment. They wanted to create a spec-ops troops for more silent and swift operations, using both Tenno and Corpus tecnology to enchance the troopers, as a result they came up as fragile, yet, really powerfull soldiers with special psyonic abilities each one. Greenir's pride took it's place, as they belive there is no one stronger than they are in whole universe and they wanted to eliminate the experiment. Experiment gone rogue, hiding in some distant (We need distant locations, so they won't be found in the beginning of the game and those guys should be really hard to fight with) locations, hostile to other 3 factions. They are seeking for revenge against greenir (Making them potencial ally to Tenno in distant future, maybe) and their own place in the universe.

So... What do you think? More opinions, suggestions, unit balance, abilities, etc..

Edited by DolgVlaPet

Hm... No, it wouldn't make much sence, considering the Corpus is after Orokin technology... Which would raise a logical question: "Why they just make alliance with those guys and excange tech?". It should be different side of coin, another story to tell, another unfortunates dragged into that conflict, which (Of course) raise another question: "What are they fighting for?". And my suggestion is, they were created as a elegant war machines by Greenir with purpouse to make more efficent spec-ops operations, they are no longer needed and they owner want to get rid of those guys. Faction is gone rogue, so they do what they do best, cleaning enemy vessels, collecting data, sabotaging military operations, etc... And looking for a new purpouse in this world. Outcasts, looking for their own place to stay... I'd call them "Drulls".

Hm... No, it wouldn't make much sence, considering the Corpus is after Orokin technology... Which would raise a logical question: "Why they just make alliance with those guys and excange tech?". It should be different side of coin, another story to tell, another unfortunates dragged into that conflict, which (Of course) raise another question: "What are they fighting for?". And my suggestion is, they were created as a elegant war machines by Greenir with purpouse to make more efficent spec-ops operations, they are no longer needed and they owner want to get rid of those guys. Faction is gone rogue, so they do what they do best, cleaning enemy vessels, collecting data, sabotaging military operations, etc... And looking for a new purpouse in this world. Outcasts, looking for their own place to stay... I'd call them "Drulls".

Since there is already a third race we know nothing about at this time, i think some of your questions might be answered with their appearance ^^

Edited by Venarge

Sounds like Collector from Mass Effect. An ancient race got all mutated from genetic experiment.

There are plenty of sci-fi scenarios like that, the resemblance with Collectors starts and ends there. Idea is not some agressive faction, controlled by invisible hand, abducting the colonists... The idea is a little military cell of super soldiers, created artificially for war, gone rogue, rebelled against their own masters. This could add some interesting opportunities to gameplay as well... Like now there are random mission objective change (I liked that, makes the rutinary mission a bit more interesting and adds twist of surprise sometimes). This could be the random mission objective too. Do not forget, all those faction are in war with each-other as well. Imagine this... You are playing "Capture" mission against Grineer. Suddently, blackout, shooting, the talking space-girl tells you that Drulls are invading the ship, you see Drulls and Grineer shooting each-other. Objective changes to "Take alternative route to escape the ship", for example, because you can't do anything in this chaos. Or if playing in party, the "Kill them all" one.

There are plenty of sci-fi scenarios like that, the resemblance with Collectors starts and ends there. Idea is not some agressive faction, controlled by invisible hand, abducting the colonists... The idea is a little military cell of super soldiers, created artificially for war, gone rogue, rebelled against their own masters. This could add some interesting opportunities to gameplay as well... Like now there are random mission objective change (I liked that, makes the rutinary mission a bit more interesting and adds twist of surprise sometimes). This could be the random mission objective too. Do not forget, all those faction are in war with each-other as well. Imagine this... You are playing "Capture" mission against Grineer. Suddently, blackout, shooting, the talking space-girl tells you that Drulls are invading the ship, you see Drulls and Grineer shooting each-other. Objective changes to "Take alternative route to escape the ship", for example, because you can't do anything in this chaos. Or if playing in party, the "Kill them all" one.

That... sounds... awesome...

^ Oh they did that already and it got pulled off after a few days. Good addition but buggy.

Really? Video link?

But I agree. We need more factions.

guys i have an idea for clans i mean clan wars do capture that make it more interest the game like the 1 team need to capture the enemy team king and the team doit first or faster or die the least wins but not only capture or survival the most team who be the longest up wins i whish to do somthink like this thx