Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ever Thought Of Super Forma Or Special Forma Weekend?

Raptor7-EN-

To be honest, I want something like this. Super Forma would be like normal Forma without the need to remax things. Some of you might call it OP, but Warframe is already grind my a$$ off game already, so I think this would be a nice idea. All it does is just save time. Any thoughts?

I like the idea, but it would have to be a $#*(@ to make for it not to be OP. Maybe the recipe would require 2-3 forma and a catalyst/reactor? Or would that be too difficult to make?

Oh no, I think that'd be perfectly balanced. Plenty of people have bunches of forma and catalysts they could spare. It would help the economy for the rich and horders if trade ever came down to that.

I think it also has to be XP locked. You'd have to be rank 6 or 7 to be able to research / forge it. Maybe it can be a unique research at the Oracle room since that room has nothing to do except be a building requirement. Xp locking it would allow the new players to progress first, not Super-Forma starter weapons by mistake, and have something to look forward to in the game.

If only DE gave us Special Forma weekend. No need to remax our stuff. Then it wouldn't be that OP since it's only 3 days or so. Makes sense. I'd rather have it 2 Formas and 1 orokin cell. Gives me a use for all that hoarded Forma BPs from Voids... Yuck BP. Pfft

Edited by Raptor7

Setting aside the absurdity of calling an action game a grind for making you shoot things... 

I like it. There are some weapons that I really want to have fully forma'd, but leveling them is a pain. Not because damage is low or anything like that, but because they need basic ergonomics help. Horrible reload times, terrible damage per shot making you chew up ammo, low RoF, high recoil etc.

Tigris for example. Without seeking force and tactical pump, it just feels slow and restrictive. 

You seriously don't think Warframe is grindy?

What does grind mean? If you think it means boring and repetitive, then it's your own dumb fault for playing an action game that doesn't interest you, over and over again.

If you think it just means repetitive then it's a useless term as you use it. Dance dance revolution is a grind because it's just hitting the same few pads over and over? Is eating a grind? People repeat lots of things they like to do.

Edited by VKhaun

What does grind mean? If you think it means boring and repetitive, then it's your own dumb fault for playing an action game that doesn't interest you, over and over again.

If you think it just means repetitive then it's a useless term as you use it. Dance dance revolution is a grind because it's just hitting the same few pads over and over? Is eating a grind? People repeat lots of things they like to do.

You're a very cheerful and positive fellow, aren't you

Grind means doing something you don't enjoy to achieve something that you do. 

Working a crappy job you hate to pay for snowboarding lessons is a grind. Walking your mother in laws dogs to keep your wife happy is a grind.

The thousandth repetition of the same exact missions with the same exact enemies using the same exact gear is a grind.

WF is not an action game. Partially that's because that's a hilariously nebulous term that functionally means nothing - 'action' happens in EVERY game, computer and otherwise. In terms of Third Person Shooter games, WF is a bad one. If the reason you keep playing Warframe is because of it shooting action then you should totally go check out like Gears of War and Mass Effect because you are going to LOVE them. 

Warframe has a barely competent shooter system. Everything feels exactly the same. Even more so now that there's only two factions. There is no high level play, no strategy beyond 'shoot guys and run away when you get shot too much'. All the real fun in the game comes from getting new stuff. 

There's no way you honestly only play for the shooting. Sorry, but you're either lying or in denial. No-one plays for that.

-SNIP-

Sorry, calling BS. You're throwing up pure semantics and you're doing it badly. Action game and grind are terms with very clear meaning that don't need to be debated. If you're playing an action game and you feel like you're grinding, it's your own fault for playing an action game that doesn't give you any action. Period.

There is nothing in warframe that you can grind for 1,000 missions to get, except guns and frames to do 1,000 more missions to get more guns and frames. If you don't enjoy the missions or only enjoy a tiny fraction of the gear, then there is no reward from your equation.

Give feedback to DE on how to make gameplay more compelling for you.

The goal is to get a cushier donkey, rather than a tastier carrot.

Edited by VKhaun