The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Has Anyone Been Playing Starbound?

AlienTetris

I do have this, and have played a bit. I love it, but I don't want to progress too much with my character, seeing as how character wipes are a threat at this level of its beta. Been playing a lot of Terraria though.

Both are awesome, but I think I like Starbound just a tad more.

Ya this is how i feel, although jungle temples have showed me some love <3 lol

Character wipes aren't gonna happen~

considering that they stated they wont wipe your characters or worlds~
but they do recommend you to start a new character to get the full effect of their updates~

I'm still waiting for the Novakids to pop up, I'm interested in their western style they have~

keep them doggies rolling ro hiigggghh~!

Character wipes aren't gonna happen~

considering that they stated they wont wipe your characters or worlds~

but they do recommend you to start a new character to get the full effect of their updates

Oh cool. I noticed for the past couple updates they didn't wipe my character, but there was one awhile ago that did. I just didn't want to get invested and then lose all the progress. And yeah, novakids sound awesome.

Edit: Fixed the quote.

Edited by CaptainPeanut

A friend got it for me as an early Christmas present yesterday. Neither of us have slept in something like 48 hours. It's addictive. If you like Terraria or Minecraft, you'll love Starbound. Even if you don't, Starbound is different enough that you might like it anyway. It feels more... intense and action-y. It's a difference I can get behind :P

What race you guys play as? I go Hylotl, I love the samurai theme on a couple of their armor sets.

I haven't played Starbound myself, but almost every active member of my clan who goes to Teamspeak plays it except for me >.>

It appears to be really fun so I'll try it out sometime (if I have the money for it)

Don't succumb to the temptation juel, as Starbound has claimed another victim in our clan (GrayFox). We're probably the only two TS regulars in the clan who still play Warframe lol!

I uhh... I have a torrented copy... *cough*

I don't really play it though, I only use it to test out mods I'm making.

I like it more than Terraria, although the new updates re-randomized most of the planet seeds, so a lot of coordinates are now invalid, which kinda sucks.

To me, there's little point to making a house on a planet since that's basically what the ship is for if you know how to mod it.

Yeah, so my friend and I basically beat what is there, for the moment. Top-tier armor, all the techs that are in the game so far according to the wikis, etc. He says "maybe we went through it too fast," and I'm like "YOU ****ING MORON I'VE BEEN SAYING THAT THIS ENTIRE TIME ><"

So yeah. I'm done until the next beta update, but it is pretty fun. I probably won't be playing with that friend, next time, either :P