Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Is The Theoretical Fastest Run Speed Possible In Update 6?

Bonemiser

Question

I'm still in my Excalibur and I'm looking into Frost as my first crafted suit, but beyond that future I'm curious to hear exactly how fast a Warframe built for speed can go. I chanced upon a Loki video (

) that was quite enlightening, and a "Speedrunning" thread I found via the Search function ( https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/12777-how-to-speedrun-in-warframe/page__hl__fast ), but neither answered the question to the specificity that I'm looking for.

Thus far I have been led to believe that you need to be either Loki or Ash (they share the highest movement speed), need to stack as many +Sprint mods as possible (until Update 7), and may want to consider a dagger since everyone runs faster with a knife.

My questions are:

-What is necessary to run the fastest?

-How much faster would that combination be compared to a stock Excalibur?

Thanks in advance.

4 answers to this question

You don't run faster just by running with a dagger. You have to use the slide melee to move faster but it becomes obsolete once you've gotten a higher enough sprint percentage.

Anyways, you've basically stated what is needed. A Loki and about seven 30% sprint mods. (Apparently there are diminishing returns on them) I say Loki and not Ash because Loki has the Decoy and Switch Teleport powers which allows him to bypass locked doors and elevators. They'll probably fix that one day so I make the most of it while it's still there. Also wall running scales with sprint mods so it's useful to do all the time. (the thread you mentioned explains it)

As for how it compares to a stock Excalibur, S#&$ loads faster? I don't know why you're asking that question. Oh and be aware Frost is about as slow as the Rhino which is pretty slow compared to the other frames.

Edited by Liacu

Thanks for the speedy response.

You've basically stated what is needed. A Loki and about seven 30% sprint mods. (Apparently there are diminishing returns on them). As for how it compares to a stock Excalibur, S#&$ loads faster? I don't know why you're asking that question.

Ah, alright then. I thought there was more to it than that, but the information is nevertheless useful. I worded my second question poorly -- I was asking for exact numbers, but you gave them to me. The speed Loki would be a little over 210% faster before diminishing returns.

You don't run faster just by running with a dagger. You have to use the slide melee to move faster but it becomes obsolete once you've gotten a higher enough sprint percentage. -- Oh and be aware Frost is about as slow as the Rhino which is pretty slow compared to the other frames.
I'll keep that in mind. Fortunately I have some reason to believe daggers won't become obsolete for Frost (although using them would mean sacrificing a decent melee weapon for it). Edited by FenixStryk

Well I don't know "exact" numbers because I'm lazy and no one here really thoroughly tests out the numbers. (We need a guy like that >_>) Also daggers can be pretty decent if you use the slide melee often. It's even effective against infected because the jump attack does fire aoe. Does fairly poorly on ancients though...