Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Additional Mission Wrinkles: This Ones Aimed At You Scott (Aka Grineeer)

Zeally

Not sure if this subject has been touched on much, I didn't look too deeply to be honest, but here goes.

What we have so far in the way of mission wrinkles, are additional goals, added onto already completed goals randomly. Sometimes they occur, and sometimes they dont. I enjoy them, they break up monoteny of the base described mission, and keep things from generally getting stale if you plan on doing specific missions, or a line of a specific planets missions.

With that in mind, I'd like to know if its possible, or if you had planned on adding more. To be specific, I'd like to see other factions interjecting on the current faction you are going up against.

Here's one example, though, I'd like to see it play out between all three factions, and or any other faction if you wind up adding more:

Say, I'm doing a mission, and the enemy faction is Corpus. I do whatever original goal is set, and then bam, the Lotus comes in warning me, and or my allies that "it appears the grineer are attempting to take over this post, be careful tenno, things might get hairy from here on out" for example, queue in some sort of base alarm that basically this is happening over the base comms, lights flash, you get some screen shake as if something big slammed into the base like a siege barge (have electronics malfunction like lights going out, or power surges across other mechanical things), and as you continue on, instead of just encountering the corpus solely, you now have grineer and corpus engaging in firefights on your path to extraction, or an additional mission goal.

This would also play on the fact that the factions are fighting each other, while at the same time, trying to recover orokin technology, and fighting/capturing the tenno.

I guess thats it for now, If I think of anything more to add into this, I'll edit and note that I did so.

On that note, hows this sound to the rest of you?

*Edit1-changed title slightly

*Edit2-added some more text in there somewhere lol

Edited by Zeally

Not sure if this subject has been touched on much, I didn't look too deeply to be honest, but here goes.

What we have so far in the way of mission wrinkles, are additional goals, added onto already completed goals randomly. Sometimes they occur, and sometimes they dont. I enjoy them, they break up monoteny of the base described mission, and keep things from generally getting stale if you plan on doing specific missions, or a line of a specific planets missions.

With that in mind, I'd like to know if its possible, or if you had planned on adding more. To be specific, I'd like to see other factions interjecting on the current faction you are going up against.

Say, I'm doing a mission, and the enemy faction is Corpus. I do whatever original goal is set, and then bam, the Lotus comes in warning me, and or my allies that "it appears the grineer are attempting to take over this post, be careful tenno, things might get hairy from here on out" for example, queue in some sort of base alarm that basically this is happening over the base comms, lights flash, you get some screen shake as if something big slammed into the base like a siege barge (have electronics malfunction like lights going out, or power surges across other mechanical things), and as you continue on, instead of just encountering the corpus solely, you now have grineer and corpus engaging in firefights on your path to extraction, or an additional mission goal.

This would also play on the fact that the factions are fighting each other, while at the same time, trying to recover orokin technology, and fighting/capturing the tenno.

I guess thats it for now, If I think of anything more to add into this, I'll edit and note that I did so.

On that note, hows this sound to the rest of you?

*Edit1-changed title slightly

great idea. I also would like to see a mission in which you see how infected take over a ship :3

Err...whait.

I don't know about the current version, but a month ago or so, it sometimes happened that you attacked a grineer ship and suddenly you could hear shots from the next room. You went there and saw grineer fighting against infested....Some ship missions against grineers/corpus had the strange infested "plants" on walls and floors at the beginning, and then you knew, there will be infested showing up.

Err...whait.

I don't know about the current version, but a month ago or so, it sometimes happened that you attacked a grineer ship and suddenly you could hear shots from the next room. You went there and saw grineer fighting against infested....Some ship missions against grineers/corpus had the strange infested "plants" on walls and floors at the beginning, and then you knew, there will be infested showing up.

It kinda stopped happening a few updates back, though. I really liked the changeup when it happened.

It was removed because of massive bugs and AI-Errors. I hope they bring the multi-faction missions back. It was fun!

It kinda stopped happening a few updates back, though. I really liked the changeup when it happened.

Ah, okay....didn't know that. I mean, I never saw it for a while, but I didn't know the reason ^^

Aye, it was pretty cool seeing them fight each other....gave me the feeling of being part of a bigger conflict. Grineer, Corpus and Infested fight each other and I am a stealthy space ninja within the conflict....

Err...whait.

Maybe a week ago, my buddies and I were just running random missions, etc, and we'd come across the infested growths on missions where we didnt encounter infested at all. But that hasnt happened again. But we haven't actually seen any cross faction fighting. If this is something they already have going on, or had planned to have in the game, then thats awesome on them.