Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Show] Warframe Digest - Livestream 19 Recap

Darkfreack

Parent Post

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/148058-show-idea-warframe-digest/

Not sure if this will help me or if this is in the right location, but here goes nothing :p

I designed this so it would be something people with little time already could use to keep up with the rest of us when a livestream occurs. I will be doing this regularly, and often when i feel people need a crash course on all things Warframe :p

Enjoy :D

Feedback greatly appreciated, spread the word is helpful too :3

Edited by Darkfreack

Might be better to show quick video's of the devs talking about subjects or text about what they said instead, but either way its a good recap.

Also noticed the volume of your voice drop or get muffled dont know if its what program your'e using to record or your mic.

Edited by asiveni

Might be better to show quick video's of the devs talking about subjects or text about what they said instead, but either way its a good recap.

It would be easier, but not better. It would end up being a simple patch work and very disconnected from the community. Its sometimes best to be a part of the message and deliver it in person then just slap notes onto it.

That's how i see it at least lol.

Its sometimes best to be a part of the message and deliver it in person then just slap notes onto it.

I like the whole idea of the show.  There are some rough edges, but time can improve those things.  I like your animation of the images when you are showcasing them, it gives me something to look at.  I like that you take the content of the livestream and report it back in your own words.

With the music behind your speaking, articulation needs to almost be exaggerated.  Sometimes you're crystal clear, sometimes not.  Do you cap your gameplay in a non-16:9 resolution? (I can guess the reason, just wanted to ask).  What container/codec are you using?  (Sorry if I'm prying, I love this stuff so I'm curious).

Good bit of potential here, looking forward to more.

I like the whole idea of the show.  There are some rough edges, but time can improve those things.  I like your animation of the images when you are showcasing them, it gives me something to look at.  I like that you take the content of the livestream and report it back in your own words.

With the music behind your speaking, articulation needs to almost be exaggerated.  Sometimes you're crystal clear, sometimes not.  Do you cap your gameplay in a non-16:9 resolution? (I can guess the reason, just wanted to ask).  What container/codec are you using?  (Sorry if I'm prying, I love this stuff so I'm curious).

Good bit of potential here, looking forward to more.

It was my first time doing content in this format, so work is to be expected.

I'm planning on putting more effort into my speaking, i was nervous cause I've never done something like this so formally before. There were issues with the audio recording where I had to go back and re record a part because I completely skipped it. The footage was from my livestream but the quality suffered from being converted from FLV to MP4 then rendered out again. I use widescreen monitors so the 16:9 really can't be helped. As to codec, I'm a novice with audio so I'd have to look for specifics later in the day.

It's ok to be curious, I'm always seeking for ways to improve so the feedback really does help.

Cool.  Looks like when you record video I'm guessing your FPS tanks?  Do you play Warframe at the native resolution of your monitor?  It is less work on the card to push out the pixels if it doesn't have to do any scaling.  If that doesn't help, try playing in the resolution that your final video will be in, 1280x720, I believe.  

What are you using to record the gameplay?  I use dxtory, used to use purchased fraps, switched to dxtory, and never looked back. 

I play it Fullscreen borderless since i use a dual monitor set up. The resolution is 1440x900 which is also setup on my GTX 650TI boost. I also use OBS for streaming and the quality is nice from time to time if my internet doesn't tank on me. I've always used Fraps till recently where i just stopped. I want to make the change to Dxtory but setting it up is rather complex for me. I get less of a drip with DXtory but I always have something suffer in the end. Need to play with it some more i guess.

Definitely play with it.  I think if you can stand it, try playing/recording Warframe at 1280x720, then making like a quick 10 second vid to test the quality.  I can nigh guarantee you'll like the end product better.  1440x900 is 16:10, which explains the bars on the side since Youtube is 16:9 by default, so playing in 1280x720 would get rid of the bars if you want that.

Definitely play with it.  I think if you can stand it, try playing/recording Warframe at 1280x720, then making like a quick 10 second vid to test the quality.  I can nigh guarantee you'll like the end product better.  1440x900 is 16:10, which explains the bars on the side since Youtube is 16:9 by default, so playing in 1280x720 would get rid of the bars if you want that.

The bars to me are no real issue, I'll give it a shot but it will feel odd being mushed up like that. Only reason I avoid it is cause it would interfere with my dual monitor set up and make streaming a pain. I'll play with it tomorrow before i start streaming my normal routine.

I just demo fraps and i go from 40 till 14. The dip happens when particles spawn in from a power use or things that just cause them.

I'll put time to google the dxtory issue when i get the chance. Last I recalled I found few things to be helpful, but that was months ago. Might as well see if new answers have popped on up. For now, I need bed rest. I'll post again when i get an answer if any D:

Atleast you found something for the video capture.  Mic quality wasnt thatbad TBH. heard you fine. except for 20 seconds orso where the audio overall got lower. but then it went back up.

Ya it kinda dipped there for no reason when i rendered it, I'll be making a new one either for update 11.5 or Stream #20, I'm still debating on what to do lol

• 4 weeks later...