Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Penta Feedback

Ground.Zero

After extensive testing with the Penta for the last 24 hours. I've come to the following conclusions.

It's a really fun gun, it is. I enjoy the variety it gives, allowing you to bounce grenades, place well timed traps and generally blow stuff up.

The only downside is the current issue when you're playing with a laggy host.

Any lag spike will blow you up unless your grenade has bounced off a surface before detonation.

You can avoid this by making sure you bounce your grenades off the floor when you're not playing as the host, but when you shoot it up as an arc, if it doesn't touch the floor and you detonate it and you're NOT the host, odds are it'll blow up and cause you damage. 

Tried and tested with all mods, they don't have an affect on the explosive damage on you, only the amount done. It appears to be an issue with the client - host communication where the grenades location isn't updating until it lands the first time - only when you're not the host. 

My suggestion would be to disable the self inflicted damage until there's a reliable way to fix it, because right now you run the risk of randomly exploding through a mission. 

Edited by Ground.Zero

I've stopped using the Penta completely when I'm not hosting. Which is a shame, 'cause it's easily one of my favorite weps with a trio of forma already fed to it and a fourth planned. Of course, those forma (and the mods they allow) just mean you're going to die every time a grenade decides it doesn't like you, despite being halfway across the map.

I disagree that bouncing the grenade before detonation prevents the bug. I've experienced NUMEROUS deaths even after reading and implementing that exact tip. There was even one memorable occasion of preparing a trap between defense waves before heading back to the pod. You can imagine the surprise when I died despite laying those grenades 100m away over 15 seconds prior.

so hey, you guys. if you put shred into the penta the bug stops happening entirely. i ran shred for a long time and never had this happen, took it out to test it and i died a whole lot. give it a try. something to do with laggy hosts makes it happen more frequently but shred seems to make it bypass whatever it is that causes it. some kind of laggy model clipping maybe?