The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which Warframe Did You Choose

(PSN)skywalkerr3

Started with the Excalibur, and I gotta admit I still love running around with that guy even after 200+ hours of Warframe and owning all the other suits - there's just something about Slash-Dashing through a line of enemies that's just too damn satisfying. When my Excal hit 30 though and I got halfway through Earth I picked up the two female frame packs off the market and ran around with the Saryn for awhile. After her I built a Rhino and now I tend to jump frames a bunch, though since I play Solo/Private most of the time I tend to favour the more single-player orientated frames like Loki, Rhino and Ash. With 2.0 out I run Ember, Volt and Saryn a lot more though, enjoying the whole 'Elemental Ultimate vs. level 30 enemies' which wasn't possible pre-update.

Excal still gets dusted off though, even with the Excal Prime sitting in my inventory - even forma'd him, picked up a Lato, Braton MK-1 and a Cronus to tackle Damage 2.0 as a 'new' player.

My first was Loki. I remember being enticed by his description, of advanced players wanting this frame for his moveset. I still love Loki to pieces, and he is nigh invulnerable if built right. For now though, he's shelved while everything else gets levelled up.

On the PS4 when I first started playing, I went with Loki.  We have a love-hate relationship, Loki and I.  I recognize the potential in his skills to really do remarkable things.  But he's squishier than all get-out, and I find myself resenting him a bit.  He's only at 15 and is currently stalled.

On the other hand, I went with Mag on the PC and absolutely love that frame!  Fairly durable, able to yoink entire crowds off their feet from a distance, and already capped.  Now working on Trinity with Ember waiting in the wings.

I'll get back to Loki eventually, but he's a bit of a letdown to be honest.

with loki, you're not supposed to be hit if you can help it. with decoy, most enemies will try to kill it instead. invis = nobody can see you and you get 2x charge and 1.5x regular melee damage. switch tele can be a bit useless, but using it with your decoy for some substitution jutsu-esque shenanigans. finally radial disarm......very situational. normally I just go invis and rampage with melee or run away. remember, loki may be squishy in a fight, but he has the skills and (eventually) the energy pool to stay out of fights :)

with loki, you're not supposed to be hit if you can help it. with decoy, most enemies will try to kill it instead. invis = nobody can see you and you get 2x charge and 1.5x regular melee damage. switch tele can be a bit useless, but using it with your decoy for some substitution jutsu-esque shenanigans. finally radial disarm......very situational. normally I just go invis and rampage with melee or run away. remember, loki may be squishy in a fight, but he has the skills and (eventually) the energy pool to stay out of fights :)

Yeah, trying not to be hit with about a b'jilliion things all shooting, slicing, or otherwise aiming to do me hurt is easier said than done, at least for me.  Even though my Decoys are maxxed, they die super quick.  I get about 8-10 seconds of invis and then I'm loki-kabobs. And radial disarm just means they beat me to death with cattle prods instead of shooting me.  I've tried doing the switcharoo with the decoy and tele, and more often than not it just tells me my own decoy is either "an illegal object" or out-of-range.  

It just mystifies me how to play the class.  I do fine with Mag, and am even putting up some decent performance with Trinity, and by design Trinity is a non-offensive and highly squishy support frame.  I'm pushing through to 30 on Loki to get the Mastery, but I'm apparently not cut out for citizenship in the Loki Master Race. o.O

Am trying hard to get Banshee (I have the blueprint and two parts so far) or Rhino (just the helmet), but the sooner I can retire good ol' Loki, the better.

I picked Excalibur because it's the hardest to farm parts for. Loki and Mag are easier to get the pieces to than Excal, so I can always build them later.

'Course, at the rate I'm going I'll never get there. Having too much fun with my Rhino, Frost, Valkyr, Nova, and Trinity right now.

Edited by Bidenhander