Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Despair, Kunai, And Hikou Need Damage Changes

Afroman12

As it stands Despair is just the one you need while Kunai and Hikou are just... different looking and weaker. Unupgraded sure Hikou is faster but once you upgrade a Despair or Kunai it's not really worth it. Despair just leaves Kunai in the dust with it's superior damage too. So my suggestion is make the Hikou have a higher slashing damage instead of Puncture and the Kunai or Despair (maybe Despair?) can have a higher Impact damage. Just my two cents cause if not then my Hikou and Kunai are pretty useless.

I agree the Hikou and kunai needs a buff, but that would be it

You would have a slow, decent damage throwing weapon (plain ole' kunai)

Then you would have a slightly weak blisteringly fast mid tier (Hikou)

And the Bain of Grineer sitting up top (The despair)

You would then be able to choose between two well-balanced silent weapons from the market to level with, and should you get (un)lucky and have to deal with Mr. Spookums, you would essentially get a "Primed" equivalent buffed version of the original throwing weapon.

As it stands Despair is just the one you need while Kunai and Hikou are just... different looking and weaker. Unupgraded sure Hikou is faster but once you upgrade a Despair or Kunai it's not really worth it. Despair just leaves Kunai in the dust with it's superior damage too. So my suggestion is make the Hikou have a higher slashing damage instead of Puncture and the Kunai or Despair (maybe Despair?) can have a higher Impact damage. Just my two cents cause if not then my Hikou and Kunai are pretty useless.

Thats not true. At least for Hikou.

For Despair you will need firerate and reloading mod. For Hikou you don't need them, so you can put more damage mods.

Heres my standing on the Statistics for The three throwing weapons:

HIkou : Slash and a little bit of Puncture no Impact

Kunai: Puncture and Impact no Slash

Despair: Puncture and Impact standard Slash

it obviously states in the description that it is designed to slash through most warframe armor which In my opinion would be stronger than the Grineer Ferrite armor.

Note: When I say No *Insert Stat* it means a low number to not be considered.

This is all purely my opinion and is free for Criticism. My opinion is formed from the design of the weapons, obviously both Kunai Modeled Weapons will puncture and have more of a heavier impact than Shurikens.

Thats not true. At least for Hikou.

For Despair you will need firerate and reloading mod. For Hikou you don't need them, so you can put more damage mods.

Lethal torrent gives 50% fire rate. Do you need even more fire rate? Im not sure...and hikou lacks total damage(especially puncture) compared to despair(even if you count that you throw two hikou per despair unmodded)

But I can see that for hordes hikou would have its advantage.

Hikou had an advantage when it was serrated blade. Now it really needs damage buff, because weapon with higher ROF and less damage (less ammo efficiency) should have higher DPS. I suppose that for ammo-effective gameplay you should use Kunai < Despair < Kunai prime, and Hikou < Hikou prime for DPS gameplay, but even normal Hikou should beat Kunai prime in terms of DPS.

• 3 weeks later...

Right now Despair are way much better than Kunai or Hikou. They should be better in general (as they're Stalker weapon), but I'd appreciate the "bow solution": treat these thrown weapons as Dread/Paris/Cernos, 1 for each faction. It should be easier than changing damage, IMO.

Despair should obviously be more powerful as it's a lot harder to acquire, and always has been. Though I do agree there could be a little balance in the damage types as their slash damage seems quite low for all three, I don't agree they should be anything like the bows. Impact doesn't really make sense for this type of weapon.