Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Soma Vs Synapse

.solitus

Question

Alright alright..

I know the Synapse have a higher DPS than the Soma when both of them are fully modded.

But how bad is the range on Synapse? I usually like to "snipe" enemies from afar with my Soma. Although it has a Heavy Caliber mod there it is still pretty damn accurate. Especially in Kiste, Kappa, Mobile Defense, and Survival missions. I like to sit back and eliminate enemies from medium to long range. What I like about the Soma is that it has no damage fall off and has a long range.

Can I do that with the Synapse? Or must I try to get close with the enemy? And how much better is the Synapse DPS compared to the Soma DPS?

It's marginally better about 2-3k something like that according to a recent thread.

As for range It's okay mate. Synapse will hit things at 20 meters with no damage decay so that's about average engagement range in Warframe. For long range you're going to lose DPS on the Soma anyway thanks to the fire rate and recoil, I think you're better off using a Vectis if you're looking for a high performance rifle....

If you like to fight from medium to long range then soma is the best,you can still get them from long range if you know how to use it.When it comes to synapse the range is pretty much terrible,yea the range is 24m but it's still realy close so go for soma =)

Contrary to some of the posts here: The Synapse absolutely demolishes the Soma's DPS. The Synapse can easily hit 25k raw DPS whereas the Soma can never get more than 15k. Add to that the fact that the Synapse pushes 13.3 procs per second compared to the Soma's 5.8 and the Synapse's superior ammo efficiency and there's no contest what-so-ever unless you're sniping. For that: just bring the Vectis or Lanka.

Optimum build multi-forma Synapse does 16600 dps.

Optimized Soma does 16200 dps. This doesn't include the slight wind up time though.

Synapse only puts up damage numbers 8 times a second. If it can get more procs than it puts up damage numbers that would be interesting to know.

Inside of 25m the Synapse is the winner because of ammo efficiency and no wind up time. Soma has a lot more versatility though.

Optimum build multi-forma Synapse does 16600 dps.Optimized Soma does 16200 dps. This doesn't include the slight wind up time though.Synapse only puts up damage numbers 8 times a second. If it can get more procs than it puts up damage numbers that would be interesting to know.Inside of 25m the Synapse is the winner because of ammo efficiency and no wind up time. Soma has a lot more versatility though.

Your damage numbers are off.  Here's some mathematical proof:

Synapse (optimum-build with Viral):

• Serration
  • Split Chamber
  • Heavy Caliber (The Synapse is still extremely accurate even with a max rank Heavy Caliber)
  • Hammer Shot
  • Vital Sense
  • Point Strike
  • Cryo Rounds
  • Infected Clip
Raw Damage Per Second :: 22279.235

Damage Per Second to Armor :: 22279.235

Damage Per Second to Flesh :: 29440.417

Damage Per Second to Robotic :: 26257.67

Damage Per Second to Shields :: 22279.235

Damage Per Second to Corpus :: 22279.235

Damage Per Second to Grineer :: 22279.235

Damage Per Second to Infested :: 15118.052

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Time to Kill a lvl 100 Heavy Gunner :: 1.039 seconds

Time to Kill a lvl 100 Toxic Ancient :: 0.499 seconds

Time to Kill a lvl 100 Corpus Tech :: 1.719 seconds

Time to Kill a lvl 100 Fusion Moa :: 1.379 seconds

Full Printout:

Name :: Synapse

Magazine Size :: 100

Total Ammo :: 640

Crit Chance :: 125%

Crit Damage Multiplier :: 560%

Fire Rate :: 50 rounds per second

Reload Time :: 1.5 seconds

Status Chance :: 14%

Projectiles Per Shot :: 1.9

Status Procs Per Second :: 13.3

Time to Empty magazine :: 10 seconds

Raw Damage Per Shot :: 73.203

Electric Damage Per Shot :: 26.144

Viral Damage Per Shot :: 47.059

Damage Per Shot to Armor :: 73.203

Damage Per Shot to Flesh :: 96.733

Damage Per Shot to Robotic :: 86.275

Damage Per Shot to Shields :: 73.203

Damage Per Shot to Corpus :: 73.203

Damage Per Shot to Grineer :: 73.203

Damage Per Shot to Infested :: 49.674

Raw Crit Damage Per Shot :: 409.938

Electric Crit Damage Per Shot :: 146.406

Viral Crit Damage Per Shot :: 263.532

Crit Damage Per Shot to Armor :: 409.938

Crit Damage Per Shot to Flesh :: 541.704

Crit Damage Per Shot to Robotic :: 483.141

Crit Damage Per Shot to Shields :: 409.938

Crit Damage Per Shot to Corpus :: 409.938

Crit Damage Per Shot to Grineer :: 409.938

Crit Damage Per Shot to Infested :: 278.172

Raw Damage Per Second :: 22279.235

Damage Per Second to Armor :: 22279.235

Damage Per Second to Flesh :: 29440.417

Damage Per Second to Robotic :: 26257.67

Damage Per Second to Shields :: 22279.235

Damage Per Second to Corpus :: 22279.235

Damage Per Second to Grineer :: 22279.235

Damage Per Second to Infested :: 15118.052

Raw Burst Damage Per Second :: 25621.12

Burst Damage Per Second to Armor :: 25621.12

Burst Damage Per Second to Flesh :: 33856.48

Burst Damage Per Second to Robotic :: 30196.32

Burst Damage Per Second to Shields :: 25621.12

Burst Damage Per Second to Corpus :: 25621.12

Burst Damage Per Second to Grineer :: 25621.12

Burst Damage Per Second to Infested :: 17385.76

Time to Kill a lvl 100 Heavy Gunner :: 1.039 seconds

Time to Kill a lvl 100 Toxic Ancient :: 0.499 seconds

Time to Kill a lvl 100 Corpus Tech :: 1.719 seconds

Time to Kill a lvl 100 Fusion Moa :: 1.379 seconds

Soma (optimum-build with Viral):

• Serration
  • Split Chamber
  • Speed Trigger
  • Hammer Shot
  • Vital Sense
  • Point Strike
  • Cryo Rounds
  • Infected Clip
Raw Damage Per Second :: 15799.91

Damage Per Second to Armor :: 16487.872

Damage Per Second to Flesh :: 21303.61

Damage Per Second to Robotic :: 15662.317

Damage Per Second to Shields :: 15744.873

Damage Per Second to Corpus :: 15799.91

Damage Per Second to Grineer :: 15799.91

Damage Per Second to Infested :: 11534.542

Time to Kill a lvl 100 Heavy Gunner :: 1.469 seconds

Time to Kill a lvl 100 Toxic Ancient :: 1.091 seconds

Time to Kill a lvl 100 Corpus Tech :: 1.553 seconds

Time to Kill a lvl 100 Fusion Moa :: 1.427 seconds

Full Printout:

Name :: Soma

Magazine Size :: 100

Total Ammo :: 640

Crit Chance :: 75%

Crit Damage Multiplier :: 840%

Fire Rate :: 24 rounds per second

Reload Time :: 3 seconds

Status Chance :: 9.8%

Projectiles Per Shot :: 1.9

Status Procs Per Second :: 4.469

Time to Empty magazine :: 4.167 seconds

Average Bleed Stacks :: 15

Raw Damage Per Shot :: 168.612

Impact Damage Per Shot :: 6.022

Puncture Damage Per Shot :: 24.087

Slash Damage Per Shot :: 30.109

Viral Damage Per Shot :: 108.393

Damage Per Shot to Armor :: 176.139

Damage Per Shot to Flesh :: 228.831

Damage Per Shot to Robotic :: 167.107

Damage Per Shot to Shields :: 168.01

Damage Per Shot to Corpus :: 168.612

Damage Per Shot to Grineer :: 168.612

Damage Per Shot to Infested :: 121.943

Raw Crit Damage Per Shot :: 1416.341

Impact Crit Damage Per Shot :: 50.584

Puncture Crit Damage Per Shot :: 202.334

Slash Crit Damage Per Shot :: 252.918

Viral Crit Damage Per Shot :: 910.505

Crit Damage Per Shot to Armor :: 1479.571

Crit Damage Per Shot to Flesh :: 1922.178

Crit Damage Per Shot to Robotic :: 1403.696

Crit Damage Per Shot to Shields :: 1411.283

Crit Damage Per Shot to Corpus :: 1416.341

Crit Damage Per Shot to Grineer :: 1416.341

Crit Damage Per Shot to Infested :: 1024.318

Raw Damage Per Second :: 15799.91

Damage Per Second to Armor :: 16487.872

Damage Per Second to Flesh :: 21303.61

Damage Per Second to Robotic :: 15662.317

Damage Per Second to Shields :: 15744.873

Damage Per Second to Corpus :: 15799.91

Damage Per Second to Grineer :: 15799.91

Damage Per Second to Infested :: 11534.542

Raw Burst Damage Per Second :: 26895.369

Burst Damage Per Second to Armor :: 28078.664

Burst Damage Per Second to Flesh :: 36361.733

Burst Damage Per Second to Robotic :: 26658.71

Burst Damage Per Second to Shields :: 26800.705

Burst Damage Per Second to Corpus :: 26895.369

Burst Damage Per Second to Grineer :: 26895.369

Burst Damage Per Second to Infested :: 19558.937

Time to Kill a lvl 100 Heavy Gunner :: 1.469 seconds

Time to Kill a lvl 100 Toxic Ancient :: 1.091 seconds

Time to Kill a lvl 100 Corpus Tech :: 1.553 seconds

Time to Kill a lvl 100 Fusion Moa :: 1.427 seconds

As you can see: the Synapse is obviously superior in every way to the Soma unless you're trying to snipe, and if you want to snipe: use a sniper.

You don't include Speed Trigger on your Synapse build. And you do include Hammer Shot. Are you actually calculating dps based on viral procs? If calculating pure dps, Speed Trigger wins handily over Hammer Shot.

Same with Heavy Caliber on Soma.

You have Synapse listed as having a fire rate of 50. And 13.3 procs per second. The Synapse actually damages enemies only 8 times a second (without Speed Trigger). If you have some way of knowing that it has 13.3 chances per second to proc elemental effects, I would love to know that. And how do you know that the Soma can only proc 4.469 times per second when its fire rate is much higher?

You don't include Speed Trigger on your Synapse build. And you do include Hammer Shot. Are you actually calculating dps based on viral procs? If calculating pure dps, Speed Trigger wins handily over Hammer Shot.Same with Heavy Caliber on Soma.You have Synapse listed as having a fire rate of 50. And 13.3 procs per second. The Synapse actually damages enemies only 8 times a second (without Speed Trigger). If you have some way of knowing that it has 13.3 chances per second to proc elemental effects, I would love to know that. And how do you know that the Soma can only proc 4.469 times per second when its fire rate is much higher?

You don't understand how continuous fire weapons work. Let me explain: Continuous fire weapons deal 50 small ticks of damage per second that are added up to the aggregate, arbitrary numbers that are then displayed to the player. Each individual tick is fully affected by multishot, can crit, and can proc elementals. The speed of these ticks are indeed affected by fire-rate now, but the base 50 is standard.

Furthermore: all continuous fire weapons drain a base 10 ammo per second regardless of the listed fire-rate. This is also affected by speed trigger, ect but all have a base 10.

The fire-rate listed in-game is a dummy stat.

As to running speed trigger instead of hammer shot: you're looking at a 60% dps gain with a 60% ammo duration drop vs a (60×1.25)=75% raw dps gain and a 40% proc rate gain. Procs also cause double damage from the elemental that procs. The choice is obvious.

As to the proc-rate: that's an extremely simple equation. It's simply: (fire-rate × number-of-projectiles-per-shot) × status-chance. Note that this is affected by mods, so a Synapse using my build would be (50×1.9)×0.14=13.3 procs per second.

If you want to know how I calculate DPS and TTK: download the source to my calc and check the main.java. it's all in there.

Edited by GottFaust

You don't understand how continuous fire weapons work. Let me explain: Continuous fire weapons deal 50 small ticks of damage per second that are added up to the aggregate, arbitrary numbers that are then displayed to the player. Each individual tick is fully affected by multishot, can crit, and can proc elementals. The speed of these ticks are indeed affected by fire-rate now, but the base 50 is standard.

Furthermore: all continuous fire weapons drain a base 10 ammo per second regardless of the listed fire-rate. This is also affected by speed trigger, ect but all have a base 10.

As to running speed trigger instead of hammer shot: you're looking at a 60% dps gain with a 60% ammo duration drop vs a (60×1.25)=75% raw dps gain and a 40% proc rate gain. Procs also cause double damage from the elemental that procs. The choice is obvious.

As to the proc-rate: that's an extremely simple equation. It's simply: (fire-rate × number-of-projectiles-per-shot) × status-chance. Note that this is affected by mods, so a Synapse using my build would be (50×1.9)×0.14=13.3 procs per second.

If you want to know how I calculate DPS and TTK: download the source to my calc and check the main.java. it's all in there.

Why 60*1.25 for calculating the bonus dps from hammershot for a synapse ?

If the synapse crit goes from 440% to 500%, it's only an increase of 60% / (1+500%) = 10% of the dps. Since the synapse does not have speed mods, speed trigger will indeed increase it's dps by 60%.

However, I also don't agree to put a speed trigger on it because of the ammo consumption, but I don't think hammershot is a dps gain from speed trigger.

Also, the synapse have 13.3 proc per second, it would be 13.3 proc on those 50 bullet right ? So, a fire proc that deal 50% increased damage (if i'm not wrong) would be on this tiny 1/50 bullet... So those damage proc would not be a gain because of the initial low damage, but other proc (reduce armor, viral...) should be a major buff ? (I'm really interrested on how the thing works, sorry if i'm all wrong ~~)

Finally, do you have the source concerning the fonctionning of continuous weapon ? It's weird that they have a dummy stats in their game, but well... DE.

Edited by Trurlich

Why 60*1.25 for calculating the bonus dps from hammershot for a synapse ?

If the synapse crit goes from 440% to 500%, it's only an increase of 60% / (1+500%) = 10% of the dps. Since the synapse does not have speed mods, speed trigger will indeed increase it's dps by 60%.

However, I also don't agree to put a speed trigger on it because of the ammo consumption, but I don't think hammershot is a dps gain from speed trigger.

Also, the synapse have 13.3 proc per second, it would be 13.3 proc on those 50 bullet right ? So, a fire proc that deal 50% increased damage (if i'm not wrong) would be on this tiny 1/50 bullet... So those damage proc would not be a gain because of the initial low damage, but other proc (reduce armor, viral...) should be a major buff ? (I'm really interrested on how the thing works, sorry if i'm all wrong ~~)

Finally, do you have the source concerning the fonctionning of continuous weapon ? It's weird that they have a dummy stats in their game, but well... DE.

The 1.25 comes from the 125% crit chance which, contrary to apparently popular *opinion*, does indeed do something. It adds a 25% chance for a "double" crit which basically causes the the crit to hit twice for a given shot 25% of the time. Furthermore, whether you think it or not: Hammer Shot is a significant DPS gain over Speed Trigger. Check my calculator if you don't believe me personally.

Elemental DoTs scaling on a per-damage-tick basis is correct, but they stack indefinitely and will add up to a greater sum in the end. You are correct in your statement that it has an even greater effect on Viral, Magnetic, and Corrosive procs though as they don't scale based on damage being based on target stats instead. You should also not forget that a proc will deal double the source damage when it fires off.

As to my source: ask any long-time player who has used continuous fire weapons with any regularity. If you want to verify the functionality yourself: it's possible to 'break' the continuous fire damage addition function by host migration. It doesn't always work, but it's common enough that you should be able to replicate it rather quickly. After it breaks you'll see the true damage numbers rather than the arbitrary sums that are displayed by default.

Erm hi. I was directed to your post by someone else, because I thought soma > synapse. I understand that synapse with viral build definitely wins, but can I ask:

1. How about if both weapons crit on the enemies' weakness points 100% of the time. Which will deal more? I read from wiki that the crit multiplier repeats itself when you crit on a weakness point, which means soma has a huge multiplier there.

2. Don't most players equip an ammo mutation mod for practical purposes in endless survival/def? Not too sure since I don't own one, but considering both are crit weapons sacrificing any of their damage mods would be more painful than a non-crit weapon. 

I don't know how to calculate this stuff, but I'm very curious. Do you have an answer for these?

Erm hi. I was directed to your post by someone else, because I thought soma > synapse. I understand that synapse with viral build definitely wins, but can I ask:

1. How about if both weapons crit on the enemies' weakness points 100% of the time. Which will deal more? I read from wiki that the crit multiplier repeats itself when you crit on a weakness point, which means soma has a huge multiplier there.

2. Don't most players equip an ammo mutation mod for practical purposes in endless survival/def? Not too sure since I don't own one, but considering both are crit weapons sacrificing any of their damage mods would be more painful than a non-crit weapon. 

I don't know how to calculate this stuff, but I'm very curious. Do you have an answer for these?

1. All damage is multiplied on weak-points, not just the crit damage. Regardless they both gain the exact same percentage of damage so the Synapse's advantages remain.

2. That's all up to player preference. I personally just bring medium team ammo restores instead as they're cheap and don't require me to sacrifice a mod slot that could be used for damage.

As to how I calculate these numbers: it's rather complex. That being said, I've done the work for you here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/90706-unofficial-weapon-dps-calculator-current-v050/

1. All damage is multiplied on weak-points, not just the crit damage. Regardless they both gain the exact same percentage of damage so the Synapse's advantages remain.

2. That's all up to player preference. I personally just bring medium team ammo restores instead as they're cheap and don't require me to sacrifice a mod slot that could be used for damage.

As to how I calculate these numbers: it's rather complex. That being said, I've done the work for you here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/90706-unofficial-weapon-dps-calculator-current-v050/

I don't know whether this part of wiki is updated or not http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Critical_Hit_(Mechanic)

According to it, if Soma normally crits for 660% dmg, then hitting a special body part will grant it 660% X (part multiplier) X 660%.

Whereas Synapse will get (Synapse crit dmg) X (part multiplier) X 440%.

So Soma gets 1.5X the benefit that Synapse gets from hitting weakness points.

Oh you use team ammo restores? 0.0. I always felt those were expensive, but thanks for telling me how i can wean off ammo mutation.

Also, Boar Prime vs Synapse, which will win in DPS? After maximum proccing and all.

Edited by Preanette

I don't know whether this part of wiki is updated or not http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Critical_Hit_(Mechanic)

According to it, if Soma normally crits for 660% dmg, then hitting a special body part will grant it 660% X (part multiplier) X 660%.

Whereas Synapse will get (Synapse crit dmg) X (part multiplier) X 440%.

So Soma gets 1.5X the benefit that Synapse gets from hitting weakness points.

Oh you use team ammo restores? 0.0. I always felt those were expensive, but thanks for telling me how i can wean off ammo mutation.

Also, Boar Prime vs Synapse, which will win in DPS? After maximum proccing and all.

After doing some testing: neither the Lanka, Soma, or Vectis display the described functionality against a Grineer Heavy Gunner (my preferred test target). They all simply dealt 2x the damage (crit or otherwise) when the shot hit her head as compared to her center mass. It's either a false report, a bug that has been fixed, or a feature of a different enemy type. I would have also tested on the Synapse, but bugging the damage-sum display takes too much time and and I assume the functionality will be the same considering that it's consistent across the other three.

Here's a viral+radiation Boar Prime to compare to the Viral Synapse posted earlier in this thread.

Mods:

• Blaze
  • Point Blank
  • Ravage
  • Hell's Chamber
  • Shotgun Spazz
  • Charged Shell
  • Chilling Grasp
  • Contagious Spread
Raw Damage Per Second :: 17669.923

Raw Burst Damage Per Second :: 45708.261

Time to Kill a lvl 100 Heavy Gunner :: 0.727 seconds

Time to Kill a lvl 100 Toxic Ancient :: 0.454 seconds

Time to Kill a lvl 100 Corpus Tech :: 0.909 seconds

Time to Kill a lvl 100 Fusion Moa :: 0.818 seconds

Full Printout:

Name :: Boar Prime

Magazine Size :: 15

Total Ammo :: 135

Crit Chance :: 15%

Crit Damage Multiplier :: 320%

Fire Rate :: 11.02 rounds per second

Reload Time :: 2.3 seconds

Status Chance :: 5%

Projectiles Per Shot :: 19.8

Status Procs Per Second :: 10.91

Time to Empty magazine :: 1.361 seconds

Average Bleed Stacks :: 22

Raw Damage Per Shot :: 3045.16

Impact Damage Per Shot :: 460.103

Puncture Damage Per Shot :: 106.504

Slash Damage Per Shot :: 141.57

Radiation Damage Per Shot :: 1062.265

Viral Damage Per Shot :: 1274.718

Damage Per Shot to Armor :: 3077.176

Damage Per Shot to Flesh :: 3602.886

Damage Per Shot to Robotic :: 3301.96

Damage Per Shot to Shields :: 2993.669

Damage Per Shot to Corpus :: 3045.16

Damage Per Shot to Grineer :: 3045.16

Damage Per Shot to Infested :: 1912.061

Raw Crit Damage Per Shot :: 9744.511

Impact Crit Damage Per Shot :: 1472.328

Puncture Crit Damage Per Shot :: 340.813

Slash Crit Damage Per Shot :: 453.024

Radiation Crit Damage Per Shot :: 3399.248

Viral Crit Damage Per Shot :: 4079.098

Crit Damage Per Shot to Armor :: 9846.965

Crit Damage Per Shot to Flesh :: 11529.234

Crit Damage Per Shot to Robotic :: 10566.271

Crit Damage Per Shot to Shields :: 9579.741

Crit Damage Per Shot to Corpus :: 9744.511

Crit Damage Per Shot to Grineer :: 9744.511

Crit Damage Per Shot to Infested :: 6118.594

Damage Per Second to Armor :: 17844.384

Damage Per Second to Flesh :: 20709.021

Damage Per Second to Robotic :: 19069.248

Damage Per Second to Shields :: 17389.345

Damage Per Second to Corpus :: 17669.923

Damage Per Second to Grineer :: 17669.923

Damage Per Second to Infested :: 11495.563

Burst Damage Per Second to Armor :: 46177.515

Burst Damage Per Second to Flesh :: 53882.626

Burst Damage Per Second to Robotic :: 49472.073

Burst Damage Per Second to Shields :: 44953.583

Burst Damage Per Second to Corpus :: 45708.261

Burst Damage Per Second to Grineer :: 45708.261

Burst Damage Per Second to Infested :: 29100.881

After doing some testing: neither the Lanka, Soma, or Vectis display the described functionality against a Grineer Heavy Gunner (my preferred test target). They all simply dealt 2x the damage (crit or otherwise) when the shot hit her head as compared to her center mass. It's either a false report, a bug that has been fixed, or a feature of a different enemy type. I would have also tested on the Synapse, but bugging the damage-sum display takes too much time and and I assume the functionality will be the same considering that it's consistent across the other three.

Here's a viral+radiation Boar Prime to compare to the Viral Synapse posted earlier in this thread.

Mods:

• Blaze
  • Point Blank
  • Ravage
  • Hell's Chamber
  • Shotgun Spazz
  • Charged Shell
  • Chilling Grasp
  • Contagious Spread

Full Printout:

Name :: Boar Prime

Magazine Size :: 15

Total Ammo :: 135

Crit Chance :: 15%

Crit Damage Multiplier :: 320%

Fire Rate :: 11.02 rounds per second

Reload Time :: 2.3 seconds

Status Chance :: 5%

Projectiles Per Shot :: 19.8

Status Procs Per Second :: 10.91

Time to Empty magazine :: 1.361 seconds

Average Bleed Stacks :: 22

Raw Damage Per Shot :: 3045.16

Impact Damage Per Shot :: 460.103

Puncture Damage Per Shot :: 106.504

Slash Damage Per Shot :: 141.57

Radiation Damage Per Shot :: 1062.265

Viral Damage Per Shot :: 1274.718

Damage Per Shot to Armor :: 3077.176

Damage Per Shot to Flesh :: 3602.886

Damage Per Shot to Robotic :: 3301.96

Damage Per Shot to Shields :: 2993.669

Damage Per Shot to Corpus :: 3045.16

Damage Per Shot to Grineer :: 3045.16

Damage Per Shot to Infested :: 1912.061

Raw Crit Damage Per Shot :: 9744.511

Impact Crit Damage Per Shot :: 1472.328

Puncture Crit Damage Per Shot :: 340.813

Slash Crit Damage Per Shot :: 453.024

Radiation Crit Damage Per Shot :: 3399.248

Viral Crit Damage Per Shot :: 4079.098

Crit Damage Per Shot to Armor :: 9846.965

Crit Damage Per Shot to Flesh :: 11529.234

Crit Damage Per Shot to Robotic :: 10566.271

Crit Damage Per Shot to Shields :: 9579.741

Crit Damage Per Shot to Corpus :: 9744.511

Crit Damage Per Shot to Grineer :: 9744.511

Crit Damage Per Shot to Infested :: 6118.594

Damage Per Second to Armor :: 17844.384

Damage Per Second to Flesh :: 20709.021

Damage Per Second to Robotic :: 19069.248

Damage Per Second to Shields :: 17389.345

Damage Per Second to Corpus :: 17669.923

Damage Per Second to Grineer :: 17669.923

Damage Per Second to Infested :: 11495.563

Burst Damage Per Second to Armor :: 46177.515

Burst Damage Per Second to Flesh :: 53882.626

Burst Damage Per Second to Robotic :: 49472.073

Burst Damage Per Second to Shields :: 44953.583

Burst Damage Per Second to Corpus :: 45708.261

Burst Damage Per Second to Grineer :: 45708.261

Burst Damage Per Second to Infested :: 29100.881

Time to Kill takes into consideration weakpoint shots or just normal shots? My 5 formaed Boar Prime sometimes fails to get a t3 def heavy gunner down in 1 magazine (not optimal build though). Would accelerated blast improve puncture dmg by 60% of total damage and therefore making it a good substitute for shotgun spazz? (proc being considered)

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Really appreciate this and I'd better inform my clan mates of the new rankings after I had just dumped a load of nonsense on them (after reading from DPSframe).

I tried using your calculator and 1 confusing thing I observed was that taking off speed trigger and doing nothing else brought the raw DPS of synapse up.

Edited by Preanette

Time to Kill takes into consideration weakpoint shots or just normal shots? My 5 formaed Boar Prime sometimes fails to get a t3 def heavy gunner down in 1 magazine (not optimal build though). Would accelerated blast improve puncture dmg by 60% of total damage and therefore making it a good substitute for shotgun spazz? (proc being considered)

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Really appreciate this and I'd better inform my clan mates of the new rankings after I had just dumped a load of nonsense on them (after reading from DPSframe).

I tried using your calculator and 1 confusing thing I observed was that taking off speed trigger and doing nothing else brought the raw DPS of synapse down.

DPSFrame has never been accurate. There are a LOT of factors that it doesn't take into account. It's good for quick weapon-specific build comparisons but that's it.

My TTK takes into account only body shots, and assumes that you have 100% accuracy. Your actual results will vary based on accuracy, weak-point-shots, and whatever changes DE decides to sneak into a given hotfix. They've recently been thrashing the damage and resistance all over the place to the point of adding 3 new surfaces per enemy type. I can't keep up 100% with them as I have to extrapolate the data the hard way every time they make a change.

Accelerated blast only increases the Puncture damage by 60% of the base Puncture damage. It doesn't take into account anything else from any other damage source. Initially it did, but that was apparently a bug and has been fixed though the arsenal display still bugs out sometimes.

Continuous-fire weapons are now affected by fire-rate mods, but not by the listed fire-rate stat. Thus Speed Trigger will indeed increase the rate of fire from the default 50 and the ammo drain per second from the default 10.

Optimum build multi-forma Synapse does 16600 dps.

Optimized Soma does 16200 dps. This doesn't include the slight wind up time though.

Synapse only puts up damage numbers 8 times a second. If it can get more procs than it puts up damage numbers that would be interesting to know.

Inside of 25m the Synapse is the winner because of ammo efficiency and no wind up time. Soma has a lot more versatility though.

Your math is off, with resistances included Synapse does nearly 35k damage per second, with resistances Soma does 27k

(+75% damage for elemental combo)