Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dual Knives Need A Shorter Sequence

Llyssa

So, I tried the dual ether daggers. They're cute, and interesting, but...

The generic attack is currently 3 strikes in a row from a single button press. The rapid succession is nice, but not anything that can't be done by other weapons with 3 button presses individually.

However, most of the time, this sequence is annoying over-commital to an attack--you strike, and then again, and then again, and this takes longer than a scindo or galatine swing.

So, the ultimate effect is, animation aside, this is technically the slowest of all weapons, because you can't recover or dodge or move, or do anything while you're watching this infernally long animation sequence for a single button press.

This makes them the least-nimble, least-useful of all weapons. Which is quite certainly not what I expected out of daggers.

A maxed out fury helps with this a lot and it becomes less noticable at later levels where you would need to hit them more times regardless.

I take it you don't use melee alot. It's VERY bad to stand in 1 place stabbing in this game. You get shot to death.

The best way to handle it is generally to move to your opponent's side/back and stab, and keep moving as they turn, so they can't fire at you, their friends miss(firing at where you were, instead of where you are), and you make some measure of progress through a room towards an intended target.

I use a maxed fury, and you're still sitting there for several seconds, stuck, stabbing.

As someone who often uses melee EXCLUSIVELY through a mission, this is horrible. As someone who uses it as part of a close ranged firing combo, where you only need a 1-off strike, this is horrible.

It doesn't actually accomplish anything by putting 3 strikes on 1 button press that you couldn't get by pressing the button 3 times, and the delay between them is large enough that it's never impossible to hit the button that fast yourself.

The Ether Daggers had long suffered from being sub-par in terms of damage and since they are now removed from the market it's even less likely they get any improvements in near future.

Dark and Heat Dagger suffer from the same low damage, which the devs tried to balance out with speed, which is not working well however.

However about the 3 attacks in 1 press thing.

I find the dual dagger animation in general quite silly, same goes for the fangs. Your Tenno will throw these blades around as if he or she is sitting in front of a drum set, throwing the arms around like crazy.

It gets worse when you equip the speed enhancing mod.

So personaly i think they should reduce dual daggers to 1 strike per press and get slower, while increasing their crit rate and damage.

They have the shortest range of all melee weapons and that should feel worth it.