The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Tokens Incorporated Into Current System

xGryphus

The concept is simple - spare void rewards (parts, blueprints) could be sold for new currency - Void Tokens - instead of credits. Those tokens could be later exchanged for missing parts. Amount of received tokens could vary depending on overall rarity of part (drop chance, type and tier of mission that awards it). Of course it wouldn't be 1:1 ratio, I'm rather thinking about something around 1:10 (so a part would award 1/10 of it's market price).
This way extremely lucky players would still be able to easily get required components while those less fortunete could grind their way.
Additionally Forma could be token-exclusive to remove some clutter from Void drop tables.

Edited by xGryphus

I think that's a pretty fair ratio. then I could finally get rid of all these forma blueprints! plus if you get lucky and get a rare drop, but you already have that rare drop, then you can just exchange it, which would be excellent! 

dunno how it should work with stuff from void survival, though, since you can get so many in just one mission. either those rewards have to have a reduced token exchange rate, or make it so that tokens are void mission-specific, so you can only trade BPs from survival missions for void survival tokens to be exchanged only for other void survival rewards

that would work. except maybe not with forma blueprints, or a select few BP's/components that drop across different mission types

and when this is introduced, I will regret selling those 50 bronco prime receivers (exaggeration, but its gotta be at least 30 at this point)

edit: didn't see the last line about the forma being token exclusive. glad I didn't mention exchanging whole formas, though  considered it, and figured they're fine as is. but no, taking them out of the drop tables would be good for the clutter, despite how nice it is when you get one (or two) during a survival run. no build time or anything, good stuff

Edited by Wallace24

Kind of breaks immersion for me.  I'm willing to accept that Lotus has a ton of things socked away to sell to Tenno for plat, but Primes are apparently not one of them.  How then are you going to justify being able to exchange a ton of Tower I/II loot you don't need for the Tower III gear that neither you nor anyone else apparently has?

10:1 input-output ratio is horrendously high.  There's already a lot of players complaining about how grindtastic the game is.

Removing Forma and Forma BPs won't do much to remove clutter if DE is sticking with the same mission types and three tiers and continuing to shoehorn even more Primes into the same space, a la Ember/Glaive/Sicarus.

My thread on this has since been buried, but it addresses all of the above.  https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/147954-dojo-extension-orokin-research-lab/