Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Keeping Melee Weapon Out

PandaBombs

If already posted, SORRY

I feel that we should be able to keep our melee weapon out. (Like how Counter Strike allowes you to weld just the knife.)

In the beginning(tutorial), we are told that this would be our most important weapon.

Then why can't I keep it out.

In such, it could lower(faster) the first strike.

Since if you spam E, you dont attack, put away, attack, put away,

you just keep attacking, so having the melee weapon equiped in hand it increases the first strike speed. since your not reaching to get the weapon.

Just my opinion, I feel it would be nice to have as a choice.

I feel that if they did this, it'd slow down the core gameplay overall. I like the idea of counting my shots until I have 0 left in the clip, then bashing a disruptor in the face with a hammer til it dies. I also like the way my character takes my sword off his back before destroying a group of chargers down a narrow corridor.

Edited by Roujou

I feel that if they did this, it'd slow down the core gameplay overall. I like the idea of counting my shots until I have 0 left in the clip, then bashing a disruptor in the face with a hammer til it dies. I also like the way my character takes my sword off his back before destroying a group of chargers down a narrow corridor.

+1 You are a fuckin space ninja. But remember that they dont always go around with a sword in hand as they tended to work more with their hands. Same deal here only we work with guns instead of our hands. Doesnt that just give you a hardon? Space Ninja....

One of Warframe's most fundamental gameplay traits is the fact that transitioning from gunplay to melee is instantaneous; there is no delay because your melee weapon is "out" all the time, every time no matter what, and this aspect allows for very clever mixed-weapons strategies.

Adding the "choice" to keep your melee weapon out for an additional draw speed advantage would cripple this design concept: either it does nothing and there's no point, or it does do something and mixed-weapons approaches are forced to choose between two things instead of utilizing both in unison.

I am vehemently against the idea of adding anything that would either slow down the switch between my shotgun and my fists, or force me to consider ignoring two of my weapons if I want to min/max a melee build. A draw speed advantage has the potential to do just that.