The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hi - Absolute Noob - Ps4

(PSN)I--Tooros--I

Hi All,

I'm new to F2P and new to Warframe. I'm on PS4.

Still reading all about what the heck goes on and just about have a handle on things.

I've wasted starting plat and lost some power ups in random-button-pushing-moments but I think I'm about there.

I'm failing on Captain Vor (solo) - I can't get close. 

I've only the basic starter weapons and no sentinel.

I'm at the point of splashing out for a few platinum via ps store. Should I?

I'm off now to trawl through the 'which is best' threads looking for ideas. I'm sure there are plenty :)

Cheers All - looking forward to finding some stuff out.

Is there any way you can stir up a party? Captain Vor is pretty tough, considering the equipment you start off with- but it's do-able with a party.

I used the Braton until I unlocked the Paris, but it took quite a while. I don't think you should buy any weapon w/ platinum, but I won't tell you how to spend your money. I don't suggest it, though.

Also, welcome.

Edited by (PS4)d1v4d

Hello, and welcome to the Warframe Forums.

A good place to read up on the game is the Wiki. Here's the link: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki

If you are failing on Captain Vor, you may have to mod your equipment. Here's a link: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Mods

Spending Plat on Weapons is kinda pointless, as grinding for them isn't that hard. Slots are more worth it to spend plat on. However this is subjective.

Feel free to ask any more questions.

Thanks for the welcome. I've upgraded by warframe with a couple of fusion cores - I think my health is +165% now. I have decoy and invisibility. I chose Loki - I think that might have been a mistake for a beginner. My Braton Mk1 is affinity 8. I just don't seem to be able to deal anywhere near enough damage. I haven't found any primary weapon mods at all. In fact - I've hardly found any mods whatsoever. I have a pressure point melee mod but I think that's all I found. circa 14k credits.

What's the best approach now? Just keep re-rolling the first 4 mercury missions to grind some xp? Credits?

I love the look and feel of the game, the raiding mechanic, all right up my street and I don't mind speding a little hard cash to feed the developers but, as of now, I'm not confident enough in my choices in any direction. I was seriously considering starting again with one of the other two 'free' warframes at the cost of a fiver's worth of platinum.

Loki is very fragile, but he is fast and invisibility can render him almost invincible. I also started with Loki, however that was during Update 7, so my experiences can't exactly help.

Since you don't have any primary weapon mods, you really might have to grind the missions. You should try the survival missions, as the amount of enemies you kill in those missions can give you plenty of mods.

Oh, and get the regular Braton ASAP. You start with the MK-1 Braton, which is more accurate but weaker. Also, you should keep weapons until you rank them up to 30, as they give you Mastery Points which allow you to increase your Mastery Rank and thus unlock access to more weapons.

Hello, Tooros!

Choosing Loki wasn't really a mistake, but he's definitely a little harder to get used to than Mag/Excalibur. A great starting frame and works well in Solo and Online missions.

If you find yourself with a mod problem, like Rengakun said the wiki is a big help. Otherwise you can buy a Codex scanner in the market and scan a bunch of enemies to see what mods they drop and how rarely they drop them so you know what to keep your eye out for. But overall keep trying to get a few of those primary mods and put some cores on the ones you're already using.

I personally wouldn't buy any weapons (yet at least) as they're fairly expensive. There are some good blueprints in the market that can be pretty easy to make when first starting out with the resources that become available to you. But I do highly suggest you wait to switch your weapons until you get your current ones to level 30 (and your frame). This way you get all their available mastery points and won't have to level the weapons long after you sell them to get those points if you're trying to raise your mastery rank.

Thanks for the welcome. I've upgraded by warframe with a couple of fusion cores - I think my health is +165% now. I have decoy and invisibility. I chose Loki - I think that might have been a mistake for a beginner. My Braton Mk1 is affinity 8. I just don't seem to be able to deal anywhere near enough damage. I haven't found any primary weapon mods at all. In fact - I've hardly found any mods whatsoever. I have a pressure point melee mod but I think that's all I found. circa 14k credits.

What's the best approach now? Just keep re-rolling the first 4 mercury missions to grind some xp? Credits?

I love the look and feel of the game, the raiding mechanic, all right up my street and I don't mind speding a little hard cash to feed the developers but, as of now, I'm not confident enough in my choices in any direction. I was seriously considering starting again with one of the other two 'free' warframes at the cost of a fiver's worth of platinum.

If you can, team up and go on Apolodorus, Mercury. Stay as long as you feel comfortable with, you will level up very fast there. Also, great mods drop there (pressure point, serration, flow, redirection ...). Level up your redirection ASAP as you'll mostly face ranged units in your upper coming adventures. When going to Apolodorus, equip your loki with invisibility and decoy, keep the other points for redirection, health and continuity if you get it. Apolodorus should provide you with all the mods you need to tackle Vor and much more ;)

Also don't get deceived by Loki's squishy outlooks, he's one of the best frames in the game for soloing bosses and mobile missions (capture,spy, sabotage etc), he can also shine in survival and is great at reviving downed team-mates (or/and trolling them). His disarm can speed up defence like nothing else.

Good luck and enjoy this great game and awesome warframe !

in conclusion: Apolodorus ^^

Hello, Tooros!

Otherwise you can buy a Codex scanner in the market and scan a bunch of enemies to see what mods they drop and how rarely they drop them so you know what to keep your eye out for. But overall keep trying to get a few of those primary mods and put some cores on the ones you're already using.

Codex Scanner - I wondered what the hell it did! :) I'll grab one of those later today. Thanks.

So no-one suggests spending some platinum on weapons at all? OK - I'll run and re-run the Mercury capture mission - I'm a borderlands 2 freak so farming is far from alien to me :)

Edited by (PS4)I--Tooros--I

If you can, team up and go on Apolodorus, Mercury. Stay as long as you feel comfortable with, you will level up very fast there. Also, great mods drop there (pressure point, serration, flow, redirection ...). Level up your redirection ASAP as you'll mostly face ranged units in your upper coming adventures. When going to Apolodorus, equip your loki with invisibility and decoy, keep the other points for redirection, health and continuity if you get it. Apolodorus should provide you with all the mods you need to tackle Vor and much more ;)

Also don't get deceived by Loki's squishy outlooks, he's one of the best frames in the game for soloing bosses and mobile missions (capture,spy, sabotage etc), he can also shine in survival and is great at reviving downed team-mates (or/and trolling them). His disarm can speed up defence like nothing else.

Good luck and enjoy this great game and awesome warframe !

in conclusion: Apolodorus ^^

Can I get there without beating Vor?

Can I get there without beating Vor?

no, actually. you have to complete tolstoj before you can go to apollodorus.

i highly recommend you travel with a group for the confrontation with vor initially. 

it's difficult in the extreme do down him solo as a loki starter without a good library of weapon mods.

once you've downed him with a group, then head to apollodorus and on to venus. you won't hit a gated progression like that again for awhile. (earth)

apollodorus will give you access to a number of mods that would be difficult to attain before then.

try to stay in the mission at least 15 minutes to get a void key. you'll need these void keys eventually, and early-on they're a great source of credit income.

once you've reached mastery rank 2, you can trade with other players. at that point you can shore up at least the basic mods fairly easily. (especially if you're in a guild)

yes you definitely need to play online there is really no reason to not play this game online at all times as it is really designed for group play especially early in game.  I probably wouldnt by a sentinel with plat as they dont really do much for you the dmg is minimal i would buy slots and maybe reactors with it to boost the mod points available to your frame/weapons.  Once you get access to Apollodorus then grind that with groups (like I said online only never not do that because why do it solo when you can have help).