Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx

ToastyCalzone

Question

11 answers to this question

Nyx is fun, She isn't really the best at anything, but you can pull off a few gimmicky builds with her. Depends on what you're going for. Go for range if you want to focus on using Chaos for some effective CC, or if you're going up against infested, http://imgur.com/a/l4muC'>Absorb can be pretty damn effective as well. For the latter you could go for maxed out Strength and Efficiency, so you'd be dealing 3435 damage every 4 seconds, which is pretty damn good but you may want to go with another setup if you'd rather have more time to absorb damage.

I'm confused about the math your using unless absorb has changed since I used it last which might have happened I guess... Anyway nyx used to be the best cc character for defense before vauban and is still actually amazing. Her first 2 powers arnt worth building around but chaos is almost OP so range and maybe 1 duration mod (too many and it won't be castable by time more enemys are closing in) make it even better while absorb (if strength does something for it now besides change base damage?) Would be best with max duration for the sheer hilarity of sitting there for a minute and not being able to die (or anything else...) With a awesome explosion.

Nyx is strange in that nothing really improves her through modding except efficiency, and it feels like each of her powers could use some changes or a buff...

Nyx is fun as nuts to mess around with. I personally don't run with Bolts/Absorb, but Mind Control + Chaos is fun in Defense / Mobile Defense.

Just a few things you can mess around with Mind Control: 

- Controlling a Toxic Ancient to deal massive DPS in the area around it. And it won't hurt you!

- Controlling an Ancient Healer to heal you (and the cryopod) up

- Watching a Napalm/Bombard blow everything up.

- Heavy Gunner/Scorch = endless DPS. Just DPS everywhere.

- Shield Ospreys buff you up

- Get stompy-stompy with Shockwave or Anti MOAs

Honestly, Nyx is one of those support frames with indirect damage but with massive utility, like Loki. Being strategic with Nyx takes out the pain of the grind that we call Warframe.

how good is she if i took her into solo survival

Pretty good, but you need to properly mod her with Range and Efficiency + Energy Siphon with your skills to cover for how squishy she is. Absorb can help, but only for Infested Survival, IMO. The range at which Corpus and Grineer engage you may not maximize Absorb damage. Also, you'll more often than not have to rely on your weapon for DPS, because Nyx is no Nova/Rhino.

talking about nyx... i have nyx's special helmet "menticide" an event, and i want to build Nyx. i found all parts except "systems". forums say it should be in "Naeglar" in "Eris" planet. its a "exterminate" mission not a boss one like it used to be :( did it 8 times, nothing. where can i get nyx systems now?

Find a spawn point for Phorid  - look for Infested invasion on the solar map.  Phorid will take the place of the boss that usually inhabits that node..  Run those and you should get Nyx BPs.  That's what I did last week to get her, at any rate.  Got a few duplicates along the way but did a few runs over a couple of days.

I think the poster above you was actually answering the OP's question (and possibly bragging :0)  )

Edited by Zoatibix

Find a spawn point for Phorid  - look for Infested invasion on the solar map.  Phorid will take the place of the boss that usually inhabits that node..  Run those and you should get Nyx BPs.  That's what I did last week to get her, at any rate.  Got a few duplicates along the way but did a few runs over a couple of days.

I think the poster above you was actually answering the OP's question (and possibly bragging :0)  )

Nyx is one of the best end-game frames. Her 1 and 3 powers ensure that you have amazing CC at any level. Mind control and Chaos, when used and timed skillfully will let you solo just about any mission.

i want her for the "mind control" :)

Edited by SemaioneXV88