Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stug And Acrid Model Swap

PeyEll

Hmm,

Stug: tiny barrel, not a big magazine. Shoots goo balls

Acrid: Big goo filled tube. Shoots poison darts.

Does anyone else think they should just swap the models? Hopefully no one would object much since it just changes aesthetics a little and doesn't hurt their precious forma'd weapons.

completely agree

honestly they need to rearrange the whole embolist/acrid/stug models fiasco

embolist model = acrid functions

acrid model = stug functions

stug model = embolist functions

so a living weapon shoots metalic bolts

and a completly mechanical weapon shoots gas from nowhere

seems legit

I don't think you guys see how the acrid works in the design.

Acrid2.png

Note the cartridge. This is where the darts are loaded. When fired, the darts go through the green barrel while simultaneously getting coated in poison.

Stug looks fine for a goo-shooter, because of the apparent pressurizing mechanisms, and a gas shooting hunk of flesh that is the embolist makes sense.

I don't think you guys see how the acrid works in the design.

Acrid2.png

Note the cartridge. This is where the darts are loaded. When fired, the darts go through the green barrel while simultaneously getting coated in poison.

Stug looks fine for a goo-shooter, because of the apparent pressurizing mechanisms, and a gas shooting hunk of flesh that is the embolist makes sense.

just looks like a goo gun to me

A more important issue is why isn't the Stug dealing corrosive dmg in each explosion?

Anyway, I like the idea. I just do not have hopes of it ever happening. (can you imagine the amount of complains that will happen from ppl saying their guns were deleted/change for another?)

You got it all backwards.

Acrid has no visible darts and can very well be a goo shooter.

Stug's charged shots are larger. No pressurizing going on.

Also, Stug's mechanism reminds me of crossbows in a way.

Acrid shoots darts. What do you think you put into the cartridge? Otherwise if the goo came from the barrel you would not need the obvious magazine.

In order for the goop to be fired it would have to be put under stress first, that's how projectile weapons work.

250px-GrineerCrossbowGooGun.png

I see nothing that resembles a crossbow mechanism here. The lime green sections are more than likely chambers for pressurized air, and the cartridge at the back doesn't look like it'd be capable of loading physical bullets/darts.

If you look carefully at the Acrid, you can see that there is in fact the arrowtip from a poison dart sticking out from the main gun, into the poison chamber.

Also, those lime green sections on the Stug actually are a bunch of levers that get pulled back during the reload animation.  See the following video for reference.

If you look carefully at the Acrid, you can see that there is in fact the arrowtip from a poison dart sticking out from the main gun, into the poison chamber.

Also, those lime green sections on the Stug actually are a bunch of levers that get pulled back during the reload animation.  See the following video for reference.

Those are probably part of a pump to add pressure. Think like a water gun.

You got it all backwards.

Acrid has no visible darts

Are you kidding? Look at the picture a bit more closely. A needle is very visible inside the poison chamber. That's how the gun works-- a needle is loaded into a chamber full of poisonous fluid. It's just a needle launcher, but the needles are dipped in poison prior to firing.