The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rework: Cenruo.

Revel72

Warframe briefing:

Introducing Cenruo peacekeeper and riot control. Mastery over enemy will and protection of allies or innocent. Cenruo focuses on turning the attention of enemy from another to him or go in to unstobbable rampage. He is also extremely good on confusing enemy with the feign of death.

Cenruo can not be classified to be dangerous by damage. He can be classified dangerous by the vicious and tenacious way of warfare. Cenruo was designed to be officer of the law and peacekeeper but they were putted on decision. Betray own kind or leave it be. As Tenno started to rebel against Orokin. Cenruo Tenno disappeared by all the sorrow and shame of leaving behind their work.

Now they are making comeback back to the action. Demanding the death of Corpus, Grineer, Orokin and Infestation. Cenruo warframes didn't have nothing to do with the war between Stalker's kind and Tenno. It was barely in the boundary of tolerance that but when they finally rebelled against Orokin Cenruo Tenno couldn't take it and went to think about everything what is happening. Lotus received a message from a Cenruo Tenno team who were waiting to come back to action.

Stats:

Health: 100 (+ 10/ per every third level)
Shields: 300 (+ 60/ per every third level)
Energy: 100 (+ 5/ per every third)
Shield regeneration: 10
Armor: 300
Stamina: 150
Sprint speed: 0.9

Polarities:

4x =
1x V
1x D
Aura: D

Skill set:

1st: Inhibitor

Cenruo morphs energy in to a shield to his left arm switches to sidearm able to deal more damage with the sidearm and able to move with jog speed even if aiming down sights. Incoming projectiles or gun fire will be blocked even melee attacks will not harm Cenruo. While aiming down sights all stuns will only launch him backwards dropping him on his another knee.

2nd: Taunt

Cenruo launches a voice what taunts nearby enemies to focus Cenruo instead of ally or object. Allowing Cenruo's team mates to clean up the trash around the attention taker.

3rd: Healing Pain

Cenruo reinforces his armor as he receives damage on shields all allies around him will be healed from shields and health. If Cenruo starts to receive health damage he enrages himself giving bonus damage to all weapons engaging enemy with melee weapon will deal true damage through all armor and resistances. Every successful melee or ranged strike will heal Cenruo while out of shields. After the ability is over and all the absorbed damage emerges as speed buff on itself for a few seconds.

4th: Strafe the Death

Cenruo drops a hologram of himself feign his death as the hologram is dropped Cenruo becomes unable to be seen with bald eyes. Enemies will rush to investigate the body while you will be behind them ready for punishing the criminals for their unacceptable crimes. As Cenruo is stealthed all his actions will not able to be heard even by allies.

Skill stats:

1st: Inhibitor.

Shield out duration: Toggle
Damage dealt with Sidearm bonus: 25/30/35/40%
Energy cost: 1.5 per second.
Cast time: 0.50 seconds.

2nd: Taunt.

Cast time: 1 second.
Taunt duration: 2/4/6/8 seconds.
Taunt range: 12/13/14/15 in-game meters.
Energy cost: 75

3rd: Healing Pain

Range: 10/20/30/40 in game meters.
Shield heal: 10/30/50/70 per received hit on Cenruo
Healing on health pool: 5/15/25/35 per received hit on Cenruo.
Damage bonus to whole load out: 20/30/40/50%<
Life steal when losing all shields: 15/30/45/60
First phase of ability duration: 7.5/10/12.5/15 seconds.
Second phase of ability duration: 2/3/4/5 seconds.
Movement speed buff: 35/40/45/50%
Energy Cost: 100
Cast time: 5 seconds able cast on move.

4th: Strafe the Death.

Distraction hologram duration: 12.5/15/17.5/20 seconds.
Invisibility duration: 12.5/15/17.5/20 seconds.
Energy cost: 100
All silent duration: 12.5/15/17.5/20 seconds.
No cast time.

Good and Bad:

Good things:

Extreme class crowd control, push back and keep away mastery.
Highly effective against Grineer and Corpus.
Taunt is excellent way to take away focus from allies.
Strafe the Death is fantastic confusion to enemies.
High stamina.

Bad things:

Lowest health of all warframes.
Decent against Infestation because of low health.
High energy costs except the Inhibitor.
No damage tools.
Somewhat reliant on allies.

Overall:

Cenruo is the name of law and order but also able to support last law on the world kill or be killed... If you are looking for front line ranger and battle wave turner Cenruo will be your choice just remember... Use of deadly force is authorized and Lotus: "Kill everything that is not Tenno"

What brought me to invent to this warframe?:

Well there was really not different kind of crowd control. Rhino's stomp is a good crowd control but he just makes game too easy to play. Nyx well the mind jacking is just... Boring... Way too used on my opinion. I took a look and I didn't even find any of these crowd controls available except the taunt and intimidate on Valkyr's War Cry and Hysteria. Well forgot the sonic boom but what makes Cenruo actually unique is the guardian and Strafe the Death.

So what are your opinions?

Edited by Revel72

I can remove it but can you explain a bit what you mean with this?

Although most people would agree they're a good idea, Warframes don't actually have any constant passive abilities. Or energy-draining indefinite duration powers, for that matter; all Frame powers so far have been 25-50-75-100 cast attacks.

Edited by Cobalt313

Although most people would agree they're a good idea, Warframes don't actually have any constant passive abilities. Or energy-draining indefinite duration powers, for that matter; all Frame powers so far have been 25-50-75-100 cast attacks.

Passive removed. What about abilities what has all the time working passive but when ability has been activated you lose passive for duration of active version of ability?

Edited by Revel72

Passive removed. What about abilities what has all the time working passive but when ability has been activated you lose passive for duration of active version of ability?

...I think I got lost in your grammar a moment there, but if I understood that correctly (which I'm not entirely sure of), then no, Warframes don't have powers that are constantly active. Some have powers that last a certain duration and can't be re-cast while it's in effect, but there aren't any sort of passive abilities that activate while no other powers are in use.

...I think I got lost in your grammar a moment there, but if I understood that correctly (which I'm not entirely sure of), then no, Warframes don't have powers that are constantly active. Some have powers that last a certain duration and can't be re-cast while it's in effect, but there aren't any sort of passive abilities that activate while no other powers are in use.

Well what I attempted to mean what I wrote was that. What if warframe does have an ability what has somewhat considerable cool down comes with passive and active state?

Example: Rapid Regeneration. As passive increased shield regeneration and health regeneration. Using the ability will start recovering shields by 20% of the maxinum per second and regenerate health by 15% of the maxinum amount of health per second it will last about 10 seconds then goes to cool down for just as an example for 20 seconds shutting down the passive of the ability until the ability comes from cool down. The regeneration keeps on even if receiving shield or health damage.

Well what I attempted to mean what I wrote was that. What if warframe does have an ability what has somewhat considerable cool down comes with passive and active state?

Example: Rapid Regeneration. As passive increased shield regeneration and health regeneration. Using the ability will start recovering shields by 20% of the maxinum per second and regenerate health by 15% of the maxinum amount of health per second it will last about 10 seconds then goes to cool down for just as an example for 20 seconds shutting down the passive of the ability until the ability comes from cool down. The regeneration keeps on even if receiving shield or health damage.

Would be a considerable deviation from the current trend of Frame power mechanics; it's not that such a thing can't necessarily work, it's more that there's no precedent for it and it might take a lot more work to implement than one that followed current mechanics.

As for your example, well, we already have duration-based passive powers that last a fixed amount of time after you spend the normal energy cost to activate it and don't let you use them again until the first use is over, but they usually don't stop you from using your other powers or weapons (with some exceptions, like Valkyr's Hysteria which replaces normal weaponry with your claw attacks). They don't use energy drain, they just give you x number of seconds worth of benefit for a single payment of 25/50/75/100 energy. I'd say this thing might work better if you could make its powers work more like that.

Though personally a "riot cop" theme seems a bit too 21'st century for Warframe's setting, IMHO. I just don't see why the Orokin would bother making something that so specifically emulates a presumably outdated occupation. Just tweak the thematics a wee bit so it feels less explicitly like a riot cop and it should work out still.

Would be a considerable deviation from the current trend of Frame power mechanics; it's not that such a thing can't necessarily work, it's more that there's no precedent for it and it might take a lot more work to implement than one that followed current mechanics.

As for your example, well, we already have duration-based passive powers that last a fixed amount of time after you spend the normal energy cost to activate it and don't let you use them again until the first use is over, but they usually don't stop you from using your other powers or weapons (with some exceptions, like Valkyr's Hysteria which replaces normal weaponry with your claw attacks). They don't use energy drain, they just give you x number of seconds worth of benefit for a single payment of 25/50/75/100 energy. I'd say this thing might work better if you could make its powers work more like that.

Though personally a "riot cop" theme seems a bit too 21'st century for Warframe's setting, IMHO. I just don't see why the Orokin would bother making something that so specifically emulates a presumably outdated occupation. Just tweak the thematics a wee bit so it feels less explicitly like a riot cop and it should work out still.

Considerably right but about cop well the officers of the law are just timeless law is existing all the time even if we do not want so time to time.

I just think about higher amount of crowd control warframe with pretty much no damage tools. Let me say that this is pretty much hard core crowd control and push back warframe for a bit everywhere. Because it is boring to be able to deal a ton of damage with skill set and we are a bit lacking on major amount of crowd control tricks.

Tricks to save energy I gave somewhat high energy costs because the crowd control would be just too continual and may become another trick to troll.. There is still a slight problem on that what I should tweak because people are not giving any recommendations or suggestions to me.

How do we know what kind of people Orokin where. Where were same kind of problems what we have riots or demonstrations in real life had or were Cenruo doing their job as intended and designed for it?

Edited by Revel72

Considerably right but about cop well the officers of the law are just timeless law is existing all the time even if we do not want so time to time.

I just think about higher amount of crowd control warframe with pretty much no damage tools. Let me say that this is pretty much hard core crowd control and push back warframe for a bit everywhere. Because it is boring to be able to deal a ton of damage with skill set and we are a bit lacking on major amount of crowd control tricks.

Tricks to save energy I gave somewhat high energy costs because the crowd control would be just too continual and may become another trick to troll.. There is still a slight problem on that what I should tweak because people are not giving any recommendations or suggestions to me.

How do we know what kind of people Orokin where. Where were same kind of problems what we have riots or demonstrations in real life had or were Cenruo doing their job as intended and designed for it?

It's less about the concept of a riot cop and more about the fact it behaves almost exactly like one from what would be centuries in the past in game terms. As for the Orokin themselves, going by their architecture, the fact they were willing to release a nanite plague as a bioweapon, their trump card consisted of men in skintight suits exposed to the madness of interdimensional space, and their void towers defend themselves by mind-controlling intruders, they probably would have some different means of squishing dissent.

The concept for the Frame is fine, I just think it needs to feel less explicitly like something as specific as the modern-day riot cop. Know what I mean? Some of the powers would still work, they might just need tweaking to make them fit in more with the sci-fi world of Warframe.

It's less about the concept of a riot cop and more about the fact it behaves almost exactly like one from what would be centuries in the past in game terms. As for the Orokin themselves, going by their architecture, the fact they were willing to release a nanite plague as a bioweapon, their trump card consisted of men in skintight suits exposed to the madness of interdimensional space, and their void towers defend themselves by mind-controlling intruders, they probably would have some different means of squishing dissent.

The concept for the Frame is fine, I just think it needs to feel less explicitly like something as specific as the modern-day riot cop. Know what I mean? Some of the powers would still work, they might just need tweaking to make them fit in more with the sci-fi world of Warframe.

Hmm... Why not... Well what about if Orokin didn't go by force first they attempted peacefully but then upgraded to force but yes you are correct on that.

Just what I should save. I right now have some ideas but I don't know what does people want me to save? What skills/abilities needs to be kept? Also I can't just go always with my own head.

Hmm... Why not... Well what about if Orokin didn't go by force first they attempted peacefully but then upgraded to force but yes you are correct on that.

Just what I should save. I right now have some ideas but I don't know what does people want me to save? What skills/abilities needs to be kept? Also I can't just go always with my own head.

Here, let me take a crack at those powers:

1-shield: I suppose a force field that hovers in front of you is sci-fi enough that it doesn't need changing too much.

2-Taunt: Might need to come with some sort of damage reduction buff or this could get you into way too much trouble; might want to make Dead Ringer Strafe the Dead your secondary power- making a combo cloak/decoy doesn't really seem like something worth 100 energy.

3-Sweeper: Knockdown is nice, might just need to be some sort of airburst or force cone to make it more sci-fi or something.

4-Strafe the Dead: as mentioned before, doesn't feel like a 100 power to me. Might want to replace it with some other sort of crowd-handling power.

Here's an idea: Execution- Frame gets into a gun kata-type stance, allowing him to dodge and counter incoming attacks, essentially killing or severely wounding anything that tries to attack him i.e. dodging bullets and shooting whoever shot at him, countering melee attacks and killing the attacker by breaking their arm and/or spine, etc.

Actually, I'm not sure if Sweeper should be the 50 power and Strafe the Dead your 75 or vice versa, I suppose that all depends on which is supposed to be the greater focus: countering or crowd control.

Here, let me take a crack at those powers:

1-shield: I suppose a force field that hovers in front of you is sci-fi enough that it doesn't need changing too much.

2-Taunt: Might need to come with some sort of damage reduction buff or this could get you into way too much trouble; might want to make Dead Ringer Strafe the Dead your secondary power- making a combo cloak/decoy doesn't really seem like something worth 100 energy.

3-Sweeper: Knockdown is nice, might just need to be some sort of airburst or force cone to make it more sci-fi or something.

4-Strafe the Dead: as mentioned before, doesn't feel like a 100 power to me. Might want to replace it with some other sort of crowd-handling power.

Here's an idea: Execution- Frame gets into a gun kata-type stance, allowing him to dodge and counter incoming attacks, essentially killing or severely wounding anything that tries to attack him i.e. dodging bullets and shooting whoever shot at him, countering melee attacks and killing the attacker by breaking their arm and/or spine, etc.

Actually, I'm not sure if Sweeper should be the 50 power and Strafe the Dead your 75 or vice versa, I suppose that all depends on which is supposed to be the greater focus: countering or crowd control.

Oh lord you went to post while I was reworking a bit.

1st. Well the older version had this but well somewhat balancing so let's keep it normal.

2nd: That is visual matter mostly. The less damage taken buff would make it OP.

3rd: Yet another visual matter. On the AoE matter well yes... I should have think about it.

4th: Survival tricks needs some balancing currently Loki's invisibility makes his game play ridiculously easy. + Cenruo Strafe the Death comes with confuse. I actually replaced 3rd ability with somewhat same kind trick but high cost. On solo mode both are just making game extremely easy. When using less energy used and longer duration of abilities mod.

Oh lord you went to post while I was reworking a bit.

1st. Well the older version had this but well somewhat balancing so let's keep it normal.

2nd: That is visual matter mostly. The less damage taken buff would make it OP.

3rd: Yet another visual matter. On the AoE matter well yes... I should have think about it.

4th: Survival tricks needs some balancing currently Loki's invisibility makes his game play ridiculously easy. + Cenruo Strafe the Death comes with confuse. I actually replaced 3rd ability with somewhat same kind trick but high cost. On solo mode both are just making game extremely easy. When using less energy used and longer duration of abilities mod.

1: Fair enough

2. Ok, though this thing better be able to withstand the punishment of being the only target in a room; I suppose as long as its base shields/armor are fine it shouldn't need a buff.

3. More or less yeah- would you want it radial, cone, line, or targeted burst? That might take some thought.

4. I think I get what you mean, but this thing already has two other invisibility-powered Frames to compete with; making a 4th-slot power out of what so far has been a 2nd-slot power better carry some significant benefit. I suppose drawing all enemies within range to the point of your "death" and making them easier to kill could be a good enough payoff- it might prove a good setup tactic with the rest of your group, too.

Random thought I had- what if the corpse you left looked like a certain boss from the faction that hurt you instead of yours? That would give a plenty good reason for the enemy to investigate the corpse of a kill; nobody thinks twice about the death of an enemy, but everyone freaks out at accidentally injuring their superiors.

1: Fair enough

2. Ok, though this thing better be able to withstand the punishment of being the only target in a room; I suppose as long as its base shields/armor are fine it shouldn't need a buff.

3. More or less yeah- would you want it radial, cone, line, or targeted burst? That might take some thought.

4. I think I get what you mean, but this thing already has two other invisibility-powered Frames to compete with; making a 4th-slot power out of what so far has been a 2nd-slot power better carry some significant benefit. I suppose drawing all enemies within range to the point of your "death" and making them easier to kill could be a good enough payoff- it might prove a good setup tactic with the rest of your group, too.

Random thought I had- what if the corpse you left looked like a certain boss from the faction that hurt you instead of yours? That would give a plenty good reason for the enemy to investigate the corpse of a kill; nobody thinks twice about the death of an enemy, but everyone freaks out at accidentally injuring their superiors.

2nd: Well you are not supposed to use it when alone in the room. I pretty much thought that common sense would say that. This skill would be extremely useful force draw attention off from allies who are after to revive bleeding ally. Or to buy some time if ranged enemies are feeling poky on the defense object.

3rd: Well... I changed the third skill. I am not really sure I was thinking about narrow cone. I gave now somewhat bruiser kind skill.

4th: Well the combination of 2 and 4 is one of the power moves for this warframe even if really it has high cost to your energy. Hmm... Well we can not know how much Grineers has respect between the leaders so it is difficult to say. Dead Tenno is attractive and dangerous so mostly enemies will be thinking that when the Tenno really is dead. They want to make sure KIA and give report to their leader for a promotion. Yes why not I still say to your idea.