Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Next Set Of New Mobs [Suggestion]

Bubblyboar

Suggesting things is fun right? Makes it interesting and even inspires other people to come up with ideas. Well, looking at the enemies in Warframe, I'm ready for a bit more variety. Most of them you can just gun down at the speed of light, or just kite all day long. Some have nifty tricks and strategies and I want to see more of them.

Note: Not names I want, just ones to describe them.

Grineer:

My first proposed mobs would be something like a Grineer Jumper. No, that's not their name, but it is what I'd like them to do. Grineer cant jump. They are clad in heavy armor and not very mobile. Why can't be have a mobile armored unit? So what do these Grineer have? Jetpacks. jetpacks that give them a boost jump to assault the pesky Tenno when they hide out in hard to reach places. It'd be like excalibur's Super Jump, but since they dont have an AWESOME Warframe, they resort to jetpacks. Now, they won't be just another melee mob. They'll be more mid range, closing in on you, but not all the way up to melee rang before they can hurt you. So let's give them dual pistols. Which ones, I dunno, but yes, let's do it!

My second is a Grapple Grineer. A melee mob, yes, but one that doesn't chase you and let you kite them. These Grineer have grapple hooks that they can snag you with and pull you out of cover. They will use a heavy melee weapon, so they'll have a slow wind up on the melee attack that's going to decimate you. But the point is that they can bring you into a bad situation. To balance them, they'll be light armored like the rest of the melee, but will have shields like the flameblades so they dont get insta killed like sawmen.

Corpus:

Corpus Golem - The Corpus have no heavy units. They are all squishy and very easy to kill. So why not give them one? Enter the Corpus Golem. Basically, these are big bulky slow moving bots. They are heavily armored, taking even less damage than armored Grineer or ancients. Of course, AP mods will get thru that, but more on that later. They are armored everywhere, even their heads, but have an exposed battery/core/power supply on their backs that deal nice damage. It's been a nice team strategy to have 1 person bait a golem and another tear into the weakpoint. YAY teamwork! You can also temp stun the golem with electric element, because Corpus. But what makes them a threat? We'll make them the heaviest hitting melee mobs. Slow, towering, robo punches of doom. Now, here's the little special feature aside from being another slow tank to pour bullets into. When unalerted (once stealth is fixed), the golems are set in a dormant/compact state. You can not alert them yourself, but if other enemies are alerted, they will awaken. When dormant, their weakpoint is exposed and they are capable of being stealth killed in a single blow. A nice chance for those playing good stealth game, amirite?

Second, Corpus Cyro Engineer. We have Grineer electric balls, and napalm units. But where's the ice? Even Infested have an element. Corpus get ice! Basically, their wield a flamethrower type weapon, but it's a freezing solution (use whatever science you want to make it make sense). They run up (short distance/mid range) and spray you to inflict the slowed status we do on mobs when we uses freeze weapons. No, they cant completely freeze you (unless you want pro difficulty) but your movement and fire rate are slowed. It could be troublesome with multiple, or other stun mobs mixed in. More threat, YAY!

Infected/infested:

Why are all the infested grineer chargers? I know their DNA is screwed, but come on? So what do we do? Add another kind of charger. Maybe even the first real ranged infested mob. These monsters will spawn from grineer seekers (just cause) and spit/vomit up exploding rolling slime balls of boom (not doom, used that already). Not homing, since they are organic, but damaging and hard to see in the clusterf&*k that is the infested swarm. Of course, they can melee also, but they prefer dat spit.

Also, zombies and no resurrected corpses? No incentive to slice bodies in half instead of leaving fully intact dead things on the ground? 2 in 1 suggestion here. Either a type of charge that has a chance to come back to life after being killed, or a small base technocyte virus mobs that reanimate dead corpses (for the limited time they are there) to make you fight them again. Of course, in both cases, it can only be done if the corpses are fully intact (unless you want that kind of creepy, cause I'm cool with that) if the bodies arent sliced in have by melee, or blow to bits by well place, limb severing shots.

Opinions?

They are clad in heavy armor and not very mobile.

They do jump in those spots where Tenno have to wallrun in order to proceed, although it is rather rare that they do this, which makes me support your suggestions.

Good ideas.

Infected/infested:

I would like to see a kind of spider that runs up the walls and spits at you with some kind of web/poison that slows you or pulls you whatever.

It could be made of both, grineer and a corpus body, fused together. 8 legs, 2 heads, lot of creepy feeling :D