Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Project: 4 Warframes Of The Apocalypse

Torguish

I've been thinking about a project like this for quite some time now.

And now i've found the inspiration.

Hopefully you guys enjoy the idea! :)

Let's get started...

10.4.2013 NOTE

name='Torguish' timestamp='1365578266' post='239004']

Hello! I'm back with this idea and i will add War pretty much as soon as i'm home! :)

Sorry for being really late for my release but i will continue this work!

Additional Information:

I have acquired a concept artist so we can see some unqiue Warframe drawing instead of a collection of pictures pulled from google and devianart :D

Hopefully the idea is still welcome here! :)

slide1pr.jpg

slide2ic.jpg

slide3wk.jpg

The introduction

Edited by Torguish

slide1auv.jpg

slide2hi.jpg

slide3ag.jpg

slide4uk.jpg

slide5mc.jpg

slide6cw.jpg

slide7u.jpg

slide8z.jpg

slide9l.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Additional Ideas & Suggestions from the community:

- Final Abyss inflicts a status effect, which brings the target back to life for a short period of time to fight for you. This comes through by infecting the enemies with ''TCV''.

TCV stands for Technocyte Virus which is what turned Hayden Tenno in Dark Sector into kind of a superhero. Remember that Warframe is effectively a redo of the original idea for Dark Sector so the same has been kinda assumed here. TCV is presumed to be what the infested are infected with and also what the Warframe suits are largely made of.

[Volt_Cruelez]

- When enemies under the effect of The Void, they shoot in random directions whenever they are hit. From fear. [Volt_Cruelez]

- Just to clarify, Time Shift only affect THE USER. It's an escape/heal mechanic based skill which restores your health & armor to the point of about 5 secods before you used it.

Edited by Torguish

I actually really like the looks of this. Awesome job so far with designing Death, it really seems to fit thematically (sneaky, creeping, shadow of death), as well as mechanically (assassin-style DPS with ways to be sneaky other than stealth), and the two fit together as well. I also find it refreshing to see an Ultimate ability that isn't just another instant room-wipe. Some points of the kit sound like they would be a bit hard to keep balanced, but I'll be damned if it wouldn't be worth it. :) I'll keep my eye on this thread; I'm looking forward to seeing your ideas for the other three!

Hmm..

Haunt: Interesting. It gives him absurd mobility which is handy of course. You can't use it to throw bosses around like you can with Swap Teleport, so I see it being different enough. I feel like damage may not be sufficient though. It almost seems like it needs a secondary effect. Perhaps you cause the afflicted targets to panic. Or I guess you could add a darkness element maybe?

Time Shift: I suggested something like this for my space-time frame Omnus which I called Undo. Only real difference was that it could be used while being CC'd. Honestly, it's probably better this way.

The Void: I assume then that enemies will at first keep firing where they were before invetibably firing blindly in whatever direction

Army of Hades: Right now, This combined with haunt really just seems like a more expensive version of bladestorm. I'd say it should make your melee do darkness damage.

Perhaps Darkness elemental damage could have an effect that if it kills the target, it brings them over to fight for you for a brief period? Idk.. Something...

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz

Sounds like a glass cannon. so low armor like ember then high energy base... should be more effective than volt... our supposed heavy damage warframe lol.

hand sounds nice, especially because of the synergy between it and the first skill.

I actually really like the looks of this. Awesome job so far with designing Death, it really seems to fit thematically (sneaky, creeping, shadow of death), as well as mechanically (assassin-style DPS with ways to be sneaky other than stealth), and the two fit together as well. I also find it refreshing to see an Ultimate ability that isn't just another instant room-wipe. Some points of the kit sound like they would be a bit hard to keep balanced, but I'll be damned if it wouldn't be worth it. :) I'll keep my eye on this thread; I'm looking forward to seeing your ideas for the other three!

I have the pictures and skills for War are pretty much done and ready.

He's going to be a straight foward damage dealer with no stopping him. Pure animalistic Violence and a real sense of WAR!

As for Famine & Conquer, their skills are still in ''thinking'' process. I have lined down possible skills with famine something like dehydration, locusts and weakening touch etc. Conquer will mostly be a paladin type Warframe :)

Hmm.. Haunt: Interesting. It gives him absurd mobility which is handy of course. You can't use it to throw bosses around like you can with Swap Teleport, so I see it being different enough. I feel like damage may not be sufficient though. It almost seems like it needs a secondary effect. Perhaps you cause the afflicted targets to panic. Or I guess you could add a darkness element maybe? Time Shift: I suggested something like this for my space-time frame Omnus which I called Undo. Only real difference was that it could be used while being CC'd. Honestly, it's probably better this way. The Void: I assume then that enemies will at first keep firing where they were before invetibably firing blindly in whatever direction Army of Hades: Right now, This combined with haunt really just seems like a more expensive version of bladestorm. I'd say it should make your melee do darkness damage. Perhaps Darkness elemental damage could have an effect that if it kills the target, it brings them over to fight for you for a brief period? Idk.. Something...

Gotta say, your ''darkness'' element would sound really nice. But the biggest problem with this is that i'm trying to make these so they really, REALLY fit the world of warframe. I mean, darkness, as an element (which it's not) would me more magic. I know this game has ''space ninja magic'' or whatever but it's not the obvious and quite subtle. That also was the biggest problem with these frames. :P

Also about the ''costly version of bladestorm'' it's meant to be used as a way to get around the map too :P I don't want you to be able to go wherever you want whenever you want, hence the energy costing.

And remember! This is only a concept without any numbers. I want feedback on the idea of this warframe, not the numbers. The concept as a whole. :)

But i was thinking about something a little ''necromancy'' style too so it's really cool you'd suggest that :) I'll put it up there with the ideas.. :)

Also, with the ult the clones deal heavy damage as it is and they are ''stuck'' on the enemy (mostly to prevent awkward slow attack animations to miss because of crappy AI). But it's made to be synergized with first skill, which deals a small AoE damage. :)

Sounds like a glass cannon. so low armor like ember then high energy base... should be more effective than volt... our supposed heavy damage warframe lol. hand sounds nice, especially because of the synergy between it and the first skill.

Yup. :)

I won't add numbers since this is a concept. I will add numbers and such when these are complete and ready to be taken to the next stage. Balancing and nitpicking small details is really irrelevant. Right now, these need to be heard :)

Thank you guys! This means a lot to me!

I'm surprised no one talks about Darksiders o_O

Great ideas! Cold warriors from legends, suits well for new warframes.

I came into this thread expecting this to be a suggestion to make warframes based off the two Riders of the Apocalypse that we have seen in the Darksiders franchise.

I was pleasantly surprised.

Gotta say, your ''darkness'' element would sound really nice. But the biggest problem with this is that i'm trying to make these so they really, REALLY fit the world of warframe. I mean, darkness, as an element (which it's not) would me more magic. I know this game has ''space ninja magic'' or whatever but it's not the obvious and quite subtle. That also was the biggest problem with these frames. :P

If it's a matter of lore, just say that the attacks infect enemies with TCV and if they die, it takes over the central nervous system, forcing them to fight for you.

In a co-op online game is really hard to actually reverse time, i recommend you change that one.

I doesn't reverse time. It only send you back to your location where you were some time ago. It's just an escape & heal mechanism with a teleport.

You get hit -> use the skill -> teleport back to the original location with armor and health up again.

It's just time shift because you well.. shift time, you don't travel it, you flick it just a bit so you avoid damage. The enemies wont be resurrected. Only thing affected is the user. :)

If it's a matter of lore, just say that the attacks infect enemies with TCV and if they die, it takes over the central nervous system, forcing them to fight for you.

Okies! :)

May i ask what is TCV? Tried to google it but all i got was ''Tibetan Children Village'' and i think you didn't mean that.. :D

Edited by Torguish

I'm surprised no one talks about Darksiders o_O

Great ideas! Cold warriors from legends, suits well for new warframes.

I came into this thread expecting this to be a suggestion to make warframes based off the two Riders of the Apocalypse that we have seen in the Darksiders franchise.

I was pleasantly surprised.

I've been actually doing research about the actions of these in multiple fictional stories, including Darksiders.

What i've done is put down a list of which these 4 horsemen are known for, pick and modify the skills that suits Warframe.

I also decide which and what kind of a role does a Warframe take before adding it to the list!

By the way, i'm trying to get war out today! So keep tuned! :)

TCV stands for Technocyte Virus which is what turned Hayden Tenno in Dark Sector into kind of a superhero. Remember that Warframe is effectively a redo of the original idea for Dark Sector so the same has been kinda assumed here. TCV is presumed to be what the infested are infected with and also what the Warframe suits are largely made of.

That's very enlightening! :) Will include in the ''idea section''! ^^

Additional Ideas & Suggestions from the community:

- Black Abyss inflicts a status effect, which brings the target back to life for a short period of time to fight for you. [Volt_Cruelez]

- When enemies under the effect of The Void, they shoot in random directions whenever they are hit. From fear. [Volt_Cruelez]

- Just to clarify, Time Shift only affect THE USER. It's an escape/heal mechanic based skill which restores your health & armor to the point of about 5 secods before you used it.

There is no ability called Black Abyss. I assume you mean Final Abyss. Also, I take it you decided not to have the effect on your [1] as well?

The Four Horseman would be a great update, but I can't see that being anything less than a year away.

To have these four guys released together as an update would be fantastic. Probably would each have their own specialty weapon.

Death: sythe (this kinda goes without saying)

War: some sort of greatsword

Famine: a staff perhaps?

Conquest: polearm with a flag on it or something..

Eh, that's beyond the scope of this thread.

I like this. They could be implemented as a storyline? like you defeat (for example) death at the end of the storyline and then you get to play as death. Or something like that, instead of collecting pieces you follow a story and become part of the world

There is no ability called Black Abyss. I assume you mean Final Abyss. Also, I take it you decided not to have the effect on your [1] as well?

Ah, right you are. But it still affect with the number 1 skill, it's a little bonus there and will give you a more ''deathly'' view. I want Death to be a Warframe that always moves, quickly and unnoticed even when spotted :)

To have these four guys released together as an update would be fantastic. Probably would each have their own specialty weapon.

Death: sythe (this kinda goes without saying)

War: some sort of greatsword

Famine: a staff perhaps?

Conquest: polearm with a flag on it or something..

Eh, that's beyond the scope of this thread.

No specialized weapons.. :P sorry :D

I thought about it but that would restrict the Warframes, and that's why i'm also trying to build them so they can use anything.

Ps. They all DO have signature weapons ;) :

Death - Scythe

War - Great sword ''Warbringer''

Famine - None, really.. :P

Conquest - Bow

I i won't do signature weapons, Conquest will probably spawn arrow-like projectiles tho.

Remember that i'm trying to mostly capture the essence of these frames, through an extremely short story which does not affect the lore but rather arouses speculation and curiosity. :)

The lore, when asked, will come. Like the numbers. I have written something up but i fail to see the point in going so far as balancing and nitpicking these since they concept are halfday done.. :D.

Now if you excuse me.. i'll try to finish War. Stuck with some skills.. :|

Edited by Torguish

Ah yes, the unstoppable famine. Making those grineer starve to death very very slowly. Best warframe EU

You're better off taking the 4 horsemen concepts from Darksiders: War, Death, Strife, Fury. Sounds better than Famine at least.