Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

To Devs : I Suspect The Loots Systhem To Not Be As Randoms As It Should Be ! Boss Farming Is Not Fun

Stew360

The warframe part loots sythems lead to infinite and boring grinding ... the loots drops seams to be made the way that you will have to farms the same locations for days to get all the part

a great exemple is Ember , when you try to get the ember part 96 % of the time when a blueprint drop it will be ember helmet at least for me ...

Also while farming for trinity part i was getting Trinity chasis 96 % of the time as well , this situation only lead to get peoples bored and frustrated

Over farming isnt fun , especially when you redo over and over the same location , at least if a SYSTHEM could be susceptible to drop those part instead of the boss only we will get less bored by all this infinite boss farming that become very old and boring really fast

Loots systhem need to be part of a difficulty systhem not base on the systhem only but also base on players choices

If iam level 30 with bad &#! weapons and to get a ember part i need to play on saturn farming the same easymode boss , ill get bored really fast

The looting need to be FUN , Grinding isnt fun for most peoples its more like a job than a thing you do for fun , peoples dont want to pay over 200 $ + weapons unlock to have all heros and they dont want to have a second job as well , many peoples want to drop around 60 to 100 $ in the game and want to still feel tahts they can progress while having fun

Please redo how the loots work because it isnt fun and only feel like you want peoples to absolutly buy stuff at all cost , you want the part to take time to get ? Then make it funs at least introduce some variety to get those parts ,

Boss farming is anoying not fun and will certainly break the game for way to many players

Please reconsider all this

While I don't mind the system they have in place I do understand the complaints with it. Personally I think the best solution would be to have 2-3 missions per area with a boss mob that can drop the blueprints (and maybe put in some other random blueprints just to break it up a bit). There is inherant rng where some people will have a ton of problems (a friend of mine getting the Volt I think it was had 2/3 of it and it took around 20 runs to get the last part) and this cannot really be avoided with any sort of rng system, but I think if the farming could be broken up that it would feel better to grind at the very least. It would also be pretty easy to adapt certain mission types to becoming a boss type situation (defense/mobile defense and destroying the reactor are the ones that really lept to mind for me here) which would further vary the farming. Personally I wouldn't mind if it was the same exact boss in every location, just the variety in mission type would make the difference to me.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the way that the loot works per se, it's just the fact that you have to do the same mission over and over again to get what you're looking for.

If they made the loot system go much faster, there wouldn't be much encentive to play. Considering the state of the game if the grind was taken away what would you do after the first week or so of play?

I don't think it's speed that is the problem per se, but rather variety in acquisition.

Edited by plznohurtme

True, but that can easily be broken up by farming 2-3 different things at once... For example, I rotate between 3 different bosses so I don't feel like I sit there farming one boss for days. It's not like I don't have weapons to level and mastery to increase.

If they made the loot system go much faster, there wouldn't be much encentive to play. Considering the state of the game if the grind was taken away what would you do after the first week or so of play?

It is not just a speed problem here i think youve skip most of this post

I talk about How boring it is to farm a single place with many repetitive patern over and over but also like ive said , their is no way to farms the Ember part on saturn and have fun with a level 30 caracter their is no more chalenge

We need to be able to set difficulty when we redo the systhem we already did like Easy medium hard Insane and a ranks at the end fo the game ;)

We need loots drop % to be boosted base on the difficulty level but also the parts been obtainable , anywhere in a systhem maybe with Dynamics events thats pop into the level once compleate it as a chance to give you a keys thats open a chest with a Blue print part in it , some stuff like that

its all the Grinding = boring aspect of IT thats concern me more than the Rate drop ;)

i prefere to have a chance to get the parts will having fun even if i get those whithin a weeks so be it but having to redo the same thing oever and over and over and over getting the same BP 96 % of the time and feeling force to play the game and doing it for all part is just insanely disapointing and BORING it could kill the game in no time

Edited by Stew360

I didn't skip over his post at all, I read the whole thing and I was commenting on the idea that maybe it's not the game that needs to change but rather the *approach* to the game that needs to change.

For example, I farm as I go and I try to farm multiple bosses and spots when I focus on farming instead of unlocking etc. I've yet to even hit 25 on anything without having the BP to make a replacement for that weapon because I went to the wiki and found out what drops where and planned what items and frames I would want next and I have a pretty steady progression that doesn't make me feel like I run one map 1003948729304 times.

To me the OP is a lot like the people who complain about GW2 not having a meaty endgame; had they bothered to look at the game critically they would have figured out endgame is not the focus of that game but experiencing the world is. In Warframe, there really isn't a whole lot to do other than grind, and if the grind got sped up anymore players like me will finish up within a month and have tried everything and move on instead of dropping cash.

There's gotta be a balance and frankly, I think the current system is pretty decent; grindy, but it's a grind game.

I didn't skip over his post at all, I read the whole thing In Warframe, there really isn't a whole lot to do other than grind, and if the grind got sped up anymore players like me will finish up within a month and have tried everything and move on instead of dropping cash.

There's gotta be a balance and frankly, I think the current system is pretty decent; grindy, but it's a grind game.

In warframe there is plently of thing to do , the missions as many variations dynamics events heppen into a missions etc..

the BOSS figth are the only missions that are 90 % the same and as no dynamics event atached to it , the environement is pretty similar and the boss battle take place always in the exact same area for all grineer boss , they have different ability but the battleground is identical repetitive and boring when you are forced to grind it to get whats you want

Warframes parts should be disperesed into a sythem not linked to a boss , dynamics events should roll out the part loots drop and those missions should be dynamics and fun and pop out into a current mission i mean not the alert missions sythem , but a in game dynamics event like when you are on a sabotage missions and all sudenly they ask you to rescue a prisoner , something like this a unexpected missions thats allow you to get maybe get the part and make the whole thing fun

You mean the dynamic events that cycle:

eliminate

defend

capture hostage

destroy core

capture artifact

endlessly over and over again that essentially boil down to, keep chasing the ! and kill anything that moves?

Different flavors of grinding is still grinding and these events are not really dynamic despite sometimes getting a random mix of things; it's not like there is any real change in gameplay other than sometimes you're pushed into using a pistol and melee. If you really feel these things are refreshing changes of pace you can just as easily cycle through bosses instead of running one boss over and over and over. The above things really don't change your mission experience very much at all, that's a very poor argument.

To me it just sounds like you need to break up your boss farming with other missions, just being honest.

Upping the % of drop rates really wont do anything but make unlocking things significantly faster thus reducing the demand for cash shop unlocks (why pay 20 bucks to unlock something you can unlock in 5-10 runs?) and reducing the lifespan of play.

I've yet to come across a blueprint I couldn't get within a day of trying; the content is not terribly deep but the game makes up for it by rewarding grinding via leveling up gear and finding mods.

Diablo 3 made the same mistake -- they assumed boss farming wasn't fun, so they tried to force people to farm other spots.

The end result? Well.. I'm definitely not playing Diablo 3 anymore. Got sick of that game so fast.

You mean the dynamic events that cycle:

eliminate

defend

capture hostage

destroy core

capture artifact

endlessly over and over again that essentially boil down to, keep chasing the ! and kill anything that moves?

Different flavors of grinding is still grinding and these events are not really dynamic despite sometimes getting a random mix of things; it's not like there is any real change in gameplay other than sometimes you're pushed into using a pistol and melee. If you really feel these things are refreshing changes of pace you can just as easily cycle through bosses instead of running one boss over and over and over. The above things really don't change your mission experience very much at all, that's a very poor argument.

Ive never said the ALERT i have specified NOT THE ALERT

ive said IN GAME randoms events and yes the currents game modes maybe with a difficulty twist etc.. to get a chance to get the parts loots i prefer to play all the maps and missions if the systhem at least having sabotage , denfese , destroying core , rescue missions are Ay better and varied than just FARM THIS BOSS in this same area over and over and over and over or DONT get the part at all ;)

Ive never said the ALERT i have specified NOT THE ALERT

ive said IN GAME randoms events and yes the currents game modes maybe with a difficulty twist etc.. to get a chance to get the parts loots i prefer to play all the maps and missions if the systhem at least having sabotage , denfese , destroying core , rescue missions are Ay better and varied than just FARM THIS BOSS in this same area over and over and over and over or DONT get the part at all ;)

No, you're not understanding what I am saying... THOSE RANDOM VARIATIONS ARE FROM THAT SHORT LIST OF POSSIBLE VARIATIONS IN MAPS.

Is that more clear?

If you want everything handed to you without effort go play WoW.

I didn't skip over his post at all, I read the whole thing and I was commenting on the idea that maybe it's not the game that needs to change but rather the *approach* to the game that needs to change.

For example, I farm as I go and I try to farm multiple bosses and spots when I focus on farming instead of unlocking etc. I've yet to even hit 25 on anything without having the BP to make a replacement for that weapon because I went to the wiki and found out what drops where and planned what items and frames I would want next and I have a pretty steady progression that doesn't make me feel like I run one map 1003948729304 times.

To me the OP is a lot like the people who complain about GW2 not having a meaty endgame; had they bothered to look at the game critically they would have figured out endgame is not the focus of that game but experiencing the world is. In Warframe, there really isn't a whole lot to do other than grind, and if the grind got sped up anymore players like me will finish up within a month and have tried everything and move on instead of dropping cash.

You just replied to the OP and didn't refer to him as the OP.