The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Breaching Manuevers

spysweeper242

I thought that tenno are smart and destructive and combine those together. Then I thought about other ways of bypassing locked doors and some high tech security for corpus and grineer.

Small locked doors: a prompt will say cut open and you will cut open the door which will take 3 long seconds.

Double hacker doors: a prompt will say place C4s which will take 2 long seconds and you will be in a cutscene of you triggering the bomb.

Lockdown:Shoot the panel

Vents: Near every door is a vent. If you crouch you will be able to go through the vent through locked doors.

Corpus security upgrades:

laser hallways: Use the codex to check and scan these to make them visible so you can bypassing without taking damage.(mission impossible much?)

Booby traps: These can be triggered by a trip wire. They are the following: Trap doors, Ambushes  and a upgraded turret.

Monitor: A corpus captain will be sitting on his chair watching footage from there cameras. If the camera sees anything hell initiate a lockdown. 

Grineer security upgrades:

Red alert:This happens right before a lockdown, all troops on the map rush in the room with red blinking lights.

Self destruct: Happenes after 2 lockdowns in a row, you must get to extraction before the ship explodes.

Did I do good?

Self Destruct would be interesting.

But not as something they'd do, since they're GUARDING something from the tenno usually, other than rescue and capture, it'd be counter-intuitive for them to destroy it FOR the tenno.

Although having Tenno raid the bridge and hit the red button, then rush out, would be an interesting mission.

Small locked doors: a prompt will say cut open and you will cut open the door which will take 3 long seconds.

We need lightsabers

Double hacker doors: a prompt will say place C4s which will take 2 long seconds and you will be in a cutscene of you triggering the bomb.

I do not believe the Tenno use explosives because it ruins the "ninja" in spaceninja

Lockdown:Shoot the panel

Vents: Near every door is a vent. If you crouch you will be able to go through the vent through locked doors.

No more hacking? DE won't be happy D:

laser hallways: Use the codex to check and scan these to make them visible so you can bypassing without taking damage.(mission impossible much?)

Booby traps: These can be triggered by a trip wire. They are the following: Trap doors, Ambushes  and a upgraded turret.

Monitor: A corpus captain will be sitting on his chair watching footage from there cameras. If the camera sees anything hell initiate a lockdown. 

We can kinda already slide through laser doors. 

And don't the cameras in Corpus ships alert MOA to your presence?

Grineer security upgrades:

Red alert:This happens right before a lockdown, all troops on the map rush in the room with red blinking lights.

Self destruct: Happenes after 2 lockdowns in a row, you must get to extraction before the ship explodes.

How about not "all" troops, just an increased spawn rate and all enemies know your location?

And, I know the Grineer don't care about their troops a lot since they have cloning technology, but self-destruction after a couple of lockdowns seems like an over-reaction 

Slicing open doors: Sounds cool, but might need to be done on Derelicts or Fire Damaged maps where the doors could already be damaged enough that you could break them at all.

Double Hack Doors: We kinda have these already, and I'm not sure remote explosives would make them better.

Shooting panels: Just a note here: only the most incompetent of designers would design a security system that shuts itself down if there's no interface connected to it; at best shooting a console wouldn't change the system's current state, just render the console unusable; at worst, breaking the control console might set off an alarm anyway.

Vents: I wouldn't say "every door", but having some otherwise unopenable doors have secret ways around them might be nice.

Corpus security upgrades: Most of these are sort of already there with the Corpus security cameras, though the tripwire thing seems a bit too primitive and limited in its usefulness.

Grineer security upgrades: Red Alert kinda seems like that already happens when an alarm is triggered, but the self-destruct doesn't sound like something the Grineer would willingly do just to take out a Tenno cell. Maybe a possible "bad end" to a botched mission objective, but not a regularly occurring thing.

When you said that about shooting the panel thing,

well grineer are the shapest knifes in the droor

and I understand the vents and red alert.

Eh, the Grineer are pretty broken, but they haven't shown themselves to be THAT stupid. I mean really, the level of incompetence it takes to make a security system that shuts itself down when damaged usually doesn't live long enough to thrive in space travel.