The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Anti-Aliasing Issues (Amd Card)

VIPER9

I have an AMD 6950 graphics card. I can't apply AA in Warframe whether I use SMAA, MSAA or MLAA. I've tried forcing AA through AMD's control panel but no avail. I tried using Inject SMAA but nope.

The in-game AA solution works but it blurs the entire image which frankly looks horrible. The game has a lot of jaggies and I really would like to see a fix for this.

Edited by VIPER9

The in-game AA solution works but it blurs the entire image which frankly looks horrible. The game has a lot of jaggies and I really would like to see a fix for this.

Sounds like a FXAA shader used in warframe.

Injection does work, you need to inject the warframe.exe, not the launcher.

Beyond that, your best waiting for DE to fix the issue, or, wait for them to add FXAA quality level settings in the menu(which will reduce FXAA blurring effect).

I've got a HD7770, all AMD drivers are cheats. They cut so many corners and issues like this crop up. I'd love to you show you how my AMD card decides how to render a cubemap, its far beyond the original.

Edited by Fourdee

can i get a screenshot of your settings in radeon pro ? or did u just set to ultra?

Do you add the trigger for downloaded\public\warframe.x64.exe and downloaded\public\warframe.exe for your profile?

The SMAA settings doesn't really matter to get it worked btw, you just need to ensure that the trigger for that profile were assigned to the real executable, not the launcher.

Oh, and make it run as administrator, just in case.

I set 'SMAA Ultra' to Warframe.exe Went in game, still looks like a jaggied mess. Toggled it on and off via Radeonpro; absolutely no difference.

Did you used Warframe in 64-bit mode? If it does, does RadeonPro 64-bit mode is activated or not? (Toggled through settings or clicking the blue colored 32-bit or 32/64-bit text on lower right of the main window.)

Edit: RadeonPro seems to refused to work on Warframe 64-bit on Win 8. Dunno why, since in Win 7 both 32 and 64 bit did worked.

Edited by Athros

These were reproduced through RadeonPro's FXAA and SMAA (The SMAA used by RadeonPro is probably the same one with the SweetFX). Try to zoom-in for clearer result.

Tested using Warframe 32-bit on Windows 8.1 (Somehow RadeonPro's AA won't work on 64-bit mode, even when RadeonPro's 64-bit support is enabled).

No AA

run24y.jpg

FXAA Ultra

s5utjt.jpg

SMAA Ultra

8xr5o4.jpg

For the blurriness, it's inherent to all shader-based AA, as it applies the AA after the whole image was rendered. Warframe's in-game FXAA doesn't get the UI blurred because it possibly draws the UI after the FXAA applied. If the blur somehow still annoying, then you should choose the traditional hardware-based AA, which is unfortunately clearly more taxing.

And I don't know how to enforce any hardware AA to Warframe. Tried through Catalyst and RadeonPro, and still won't applied. : /

Edited by Athros

Athros, what GPU do you have? How does SMAA look in game?

I don't know why, but SMAA has never worked well for me, no matter what game I try. I have Windows 8.1 x64. Maybe it's my GPU. I updated to the latest video drivers and still no avail. Hmm.

Athros, what GPU do you have? How does SMAA look in game?

I don't know why, but SMAA has never worked well for me, no matter what game I try. I have Windows 8.1 x64. Maybe it's my GPU. I updated to the latest video drivers and still no avail. Hmm.

It's Radeon HD6730M, and SMAA look sharper than FXAA, while retaining the blurriness (except it was less annoying). It hits the FPS more than FXAA, but only a few (minus 3 to 5 FPS).

Hmm, how did you applied SMAA to your games? I never tried anything except through RadeonPro though... : \

Edited by Athros

Just look at this picture. Jagged edges etc. are worst in darker areas and while moving.. but still looking on the background on a lighted area while standing still you can see the amazing jaggies, even at the wallpieces above the door.. those bars around the emblems and stuff are horrible.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/884128903499220658/E2C7594412906761EFB0D3A203B92C4493BD12E9/

The ingame AA makes the game even worse though as it totally blurs out everything, not just edges. EVERYTHING! .. its like freaking TXAA :P

Tried sweetfx, nvidia control panel, nvidia inspector. After none of those made any changes i gave up :P

Edited by Warmage_Timeraider