The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Greetings All! - New Tenno Reporting In!

(PSN)NorthlanderGT

Hi All,

After a slow start with Warframe (PS4) I knew I liked it, I was still just struggling with the whole F2P idea from a 'console' game.  I tend to stay away from mobile games that are F2P - I'm an old school gamer ;-)

Anyway, the more I played around with WF, the more I've been getting into it, so much so, in the time honoured tradition of supporting the devs, as an early xmas present to myself I've took the plunge and bought some Platinum, 1000 to be specific :-) Well it's around the price of a full game and they've got a 20% discount on ;-)

The question is, what's the best way to spend it!  This is why I've decided to join in with the community after all, this game is ALL about the community, and one of the reasons I like it is due to it being a PvE online game rather than a PvP! So much nicer for new players to join in and play, than just being cannon fodder for those who have maxed out their Warframes!

So, introductions...

I'm Stephen, 39, from the North East of England in the UK. I've been a gamer for as long as I can remember, my PC gaming days are long behind me (long story - bloody Alienware!!!), all my play-time is on my PS3 & PS4 (I've been a PS gamer since the PS1, so yeah, the 'net' would call me a Sony fanboy I guess - lol)

I'm also into extreme heavy music and anything Sci-fi / Fantasy / Horror (I'm not doing much to break any stereo-types here am I!) :-)

What I'm hoping for since joining the WF community is for advice and tips on how best to proceed within the game, what strategies to use to best rank my Tenno up, and the all important information to best use my Platinum. So I'm open to everyone's favourite Warframe, weapon configs and gear.  Also I'd appreciate some advice on the whole mods and Fusion/Transmute element of the game.

Finally, Clans - Are there any ones that can be recommended?  Who do I speak too if I wish to join in?

Many thanks for allowing me to enter the larger world of Warframe! Hope to see some of you online soon!

DEATH TO THE GRINEER!

Welcome, teach me the way of the internet wise one!

And in return i can teach you about warframe.

#1Picking your warframe.

When i started i picked Volt (Back in closed beta) because i like how he was support and damage at the same time.

Its your personaly preference in this game, you can build 2 warframes or 7 or all of them! There is no right or wrong way to do so!

#2Grindframe?

Many people hate the grind aspect of the game just to level your warframe and weapons. Now since you've played probably hundreds of games, you'll know that this game introduces the grind part but doesnt take the cake in terms of "To much grinding"

#3Level up!

See this is where i was confused, i wasnt aware that your mastery wasnt like a level every 10 minutes or so. What you do is youy rank up warframes and weapons and sentinels to gain mastery. Everything in warframe maxes at 30, the world may never know why only 30, and you gain 200 mastery for every level on your WARFRAME and 100 mastery for every level with your WEAPONS. and i'd assume 200 for your sentinel and 100 for your sentinel's gun! 

#4Moding your weapons....

Moding is where most people have a hard time and like to call warframe grind warframe! In game you get a chance to get a mod from an enemy, and if i had to guess theres probably 700-1000 mods in game, and this is where YOU can show how strong your gear can get and gloat. Theres the basics.

Primary:

Serration(Your damage mod) Multishot (a chance to get a double bullet in one shot) 

Secondary:

Hornet Strike(Your damage mod) Barrel Diffusion (a chance to get a double bullet in one shot)

Melee:

This is where YOU come in, you  can do a charged build or a regular attack build.

Warframe wiki will help you with your travels in mods and such. http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki

#5Spedning what you want.

basically you understand that platinum is real money and credits is in game currency. you can spend this on warframes, weapons, do dads like scarfs colors and such for your warframe and resources.

#6Foundry

So this is where you can make ANY weapon with in game currency! you buy the Blue Prints in the store and you get the resources for this stuff while you destroy grineer infested and corpus, every planet will have listed what it drops. WARFRAMEWIKI will have this info too!

This should be a basic guide to warframe and how to play and use your gear!

if your need anymore help or need another thing i didnt cover PM me here on the forums and i should get back to you..

There isnt a thing i dont know c: (kinda being cocky)

ENJOY THE GAME!

~AlienTetris..The kind of tetris an alien would even find agravating.

Excellent reply AlienT! :-D

Appreciate it!

I'm of the understanding the best thing to use Plat for is WF and Weapon slots, as the Warframes and weapons can all be 'bought' in-game with credits and blueprints...

I'm just struggling at the moment as I'm VERY early into the game and I'm desperate to unlock as many of the planets as possible as I feel I'm missing out on these rewarding Alerts I've signed up for on Twitter (PS4)

As for the 'grinding' aspect, I'm happy with this approach (I have played every Gran Turismo game ;-) )  So I guess what you do here is just keep revisiting the same missions that you like or give the rewards you are after? This is how you also build up in-game credits?

I quite like the starter EXCALIBUR WF and I'm also interested in the ASH WF....but weapons, it's like being in a sweetshop! WHAT TO CHOOSE? I like melee, but also like Assault / Heavy weapons.  Is the Paris bow a good alternative weapon?

Can you have a Shotgun as a backup weapon, or does it have to be a pistol of some description? And one last thing...how do you know where to find the materials needed for your Blueprints?

Best Regards!

So platinum can be used for decoration for your warframe, and when you build stuff with Blueprints and get the resources you can RUSH the items because they take 12-24-3 days to make.

Unlock planets as you wish, so far the alerts have been just credits take your time and be carful you only have 4 revives! (but you can buy more, but they'll restock in 1 day)

you can get those heavy weapons and assult! i cant log on and tell you the assult and heavy guns because my router is a being an &#! and my strict nat is being funky but you can do this, go to youtube and look up these weapons you see in the market and get an inside loo at them! 3 people that do good revievs are PeoplesChoiceGaming  Mogamu and TheHiddenRedCoat.

You get a primary secondary and a melee, you can have a shotgun pistol like the Bronco pistol!have a fast or slow melee a regular attack or a charge attack build for your melee, like Fangs vs Galatine. fangs being fast as hell and good for regular attack and galatine good for charge attack which you just hold down E longer for a changed attack!

Did i cover all of it?

Welcome, teach me the way of the internet wise one!

And in return i can teach you about warframe.

#1Picking your warframe.

When i started i picked Volt (Back in closed beta) because i like how he was support and damage at the same time.

Its your personaly preference in this game, you can build 2 warframes or 7 or all of them! There is no right or wrong way to do so!

#2Grindframe?

Many people hate the grind aspect of the game just to level your warframe and weapons. Now since you've played probably hundreds of games, you'll know that this game introduces the grind part but doesnt take the cake in terms of "To much grinding"

#3Level up!

See this is where i was confused, i wasnt aware that your mastery wasnt like a level every 10 minutes or so. What you do is youy rank up warframes and weapons and sentinels to gain mastery. Everything in warframe maxes at 30, the world may never know why only 30, and you gain 200 mastery for every level on your WARFRAME and 100 mastery for every level with your WEAPONS. and i'd assume 200 for your sentinel and 100 for your sentinel's gun! 

#4Moding your weapons....

Moding is where most people have a hard time and like to call warframe grind warframe! In game you get a chance to get a mod from an enemy, and if i had to guess theres probably 700-1000 mods in game, and this is where YOU can show how strong your gear can get and gloat. Theres the basics.

Primary:

Serration(Your damage mod) Multishot (a chance to get a double bullet in one shot) 

Secondary:

Hornet Strike(Your damage mod) Barrel Diffusion (a chance to get a double bullet in one shot)

Melee:

This is where YOU come in, you  can do a charged build or a regular attack build.

Warframe wiki will help you with your travels in mods and such. http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki

#5Spedning what you want.

basically you understand that platinum is real money and credits is in game currency. you can spend this on warframes, weapons, do dads like scarfs colors and such for your warframe and resources.

#6Foundry

So this is where you can make ANY weapon with in game currency! you buy the Blue Prints in the store and you get the resources for this stuff while you destroy grineer infested and corpus, every planet will have listed what it drops. WARFRAMEWIKI will have this info too!

This should be a basic guide to warframe and how to play and use your gear!

if your need anymore help or need another thing i didnt cover PM me here on the forums and i should get back to you..

There isnt a thing i dont know c: (kinda being cocky)

ENJOY THE GAME!

~AlienTetris..The kind of tetris an alien would even find agravating.

Didn't read what he said, but he seems like he got the stuff. Wew. Read this. AAA.