Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fixing The Machete! I Want My Badass Machete To Kill Stuff!

The_Sharp_Demonologist

Knifes? psssss REAL EMN USE MACHETES! And apparently eat chocolate chip cookies too... CHOCOLATE CHIPS FTW DAMIT!!!!

ahem sorry about that, too much Tiny Tina for a week heh. Anyways Machetes are used when a knife its just too short. And here in Warframe we got 2 OF THEM AND... they suck... i mean really they have the slow atack speed of heavy weapons but none of its strengts, it even hits 2 targets per swing! but its damage is so low you cant even kill low lv foes whit less than a hit. When a weapon cant kill any low lv enemies fast enough unranked then something is wrong here.

WHATS THE SOLUTION!

Some would say just buff the damage or increase its speed but i wanna suggest something diferent.

Why dont we make the machete (and therefore the machete wraith) a status weapon? like say the Grakata or the Soma.

I would say increase the speed just a little so it handles like a freaking machete and increase the status chance to about 30% and the crit chance to around 20%. That way you can play around whit diferent status to diferent missions and the crits would help you when the stats dont prob or they are to suited for said enemy (like prob magnetic against a corpus without shields).

Oh i didnt mention it but for the Machete Wraith, since its supose to be an upgraded vertion why not making increasing the crit to 25% and Status to 35 or maybe MAYBE 40% and yeah why not increasing its base damage.

Just my two cents. I just want the machete to be an usefull weapon and making it a status weapon would really make it stand out sicne when building you would focus more on the status and the strenght of said status, making it a pretty stragetic weapon for high lv missions.

SOme would say "it woul be OP cuz fukin impac damage stun locking enemiz!!!" not quite cause 1. its a slash weapon and Impact is not its strenght and also remember that it wouldnt be Impact all the time since it would also prob the other status you added and slash most of the time.

What you guys say? what you think would make Machete more viable? i just want to make it quite unique and also i always wanted a melee weapon where i can play around whit the stats

and just because "REASONS" here is a pic of Machete:

danny-trejo-machete-007.jpg

Edited by The_Sharp_Demonologist

Why would they buff a weapon they made unable to get anymore?...

i was talking about Buffing the Machete AND if they fix the machete they MUST fix the machete wraith because its suposed to be an Upgrade, if they dont then why do you have a gun that is suposed to be superior if the "older" model is just better in every way?

i couldn't agree more.

i have to say though that compared to the other "slash" damage blade weapons, the Machete Wraith is quite a cutter.
I've been trying to convince my clan mate that it chops through crowds quite better than the standard Machete.

love these suggestions though. sure would be awesome to get high crit at least out of the Wraith version.
i currently use Wraith now -  the standard version is collecting dust =(

i couldn't agree more.

i have to say though that compared to the other "slash" damage blade weapons, the Machete Wraith is quite a cutter.

I've been trying to convince my clan mate that it chops through crowds quite better than the standard Machete.

love these suggestions though. sure would be awesome to get high crit at least out of the Wraith version.

i currently use Wraith now -  the standard version is collecting dust =(

I will admit the slash damage is not that bad but you have to REALLY mod it and polarize it to be somewhat efective against enemies above 20 so i would rather have a weapon that actually chops people up like the Cleavers or Galatine. Also its REALLY slow speed doesnt help

I use mine every now and then just for the sake of been a machete

DE?  Buff old, underpowered weapons?  Hah!

No, the Machete gets to be useless for no reason.  Just like the Bo, the Skana, the Vulkar, and so on.  Because, you know, DE hates you.

You mean the same DE that buffed my fav Warframe Ember? the DE that creates warframes based on player support? yeah not the DE i know

You mean the same DE that buffed my fav Warframe Ember? the DE that creates warframes based on player support? yeah not the DE i know

What, you mean taking away her most interesting ability and replacing it with a mediocre AoE stun and damage increase ability, while at the same time making her own fireball damage her?

What a buff.

I thought the Machete was taken out of the market, therefore, impossible to obtain. Anyway, the wraith variation was very nice pre-dmg 2.0. I have yet to use it now since I've been forced to clear out and re-prioritize my weapons so that there is a balance amount good for each faction. I have yet to find a good one for Grineer, for now the ceramic dagger will have to work. Still looking for one vs Corpus, and I think I'll just stay with the Hate for Infested.

Getting to the topic, I feel that its speed or base dmg should be bumped up.

I thought the Machete was taken out of the market, therefore, impossible to obtain. Anyway, the wraith variation was very nice pre-dmg 2.0. I have yet to use it now since I've been forced to clear out and re-prioritize my weapons so that there is a balance amount good for each faction. I have yet to find a good one for Grineer, for now the ceramic dagger will have to work. Still looking for one vs Corpus, and I think I'll just stay with the Hate for Infested.

Nop, you can still get it as a login reward.

What, you mean taking away her most interesting ability and replacing it with a mediocre AoE stun and damage increase ability, while at the same time making her own fireball damage her?

What a buff.

Her fireball dowesnt damage me, i have used it whit Chargers right up my face and sometimes on the ground just for the lols while while waititng in the extraction so maybe it was a napalm shooting you or something like that, her new Ult (4 ability) is pretty much the same but whit a new awesome animation and i think they also increased the damage. About Acelerant i didnt expect something like it but it is pretty handy against foes whit Fire resistance like Grineer or Corpus. I play Ember 24/7 so if shes bad i will see it SO go and learn how she works then come back.

For Grineer i recomend the Stug, seriously that Corrosive damage just melts grineer and Acients like they where nothing, A melee for Corus i would say Fragor is pretty handy and Infested of course Ignis, or any shotgun really, exept Tigris is kinda slow for the job. Anyways while increasing the damage and speed would be nice i think making it a status based weapon would make it stand out more from other weapons

For Grineer i recomend the Stug, seriously that Corrosive damage just melts grineer and Acients like they where nothing, A melee for Corus i would say Fragor is pretty handy and Infested of course Ignis, or any shotgun really, exept Tigris is kinda slow for the job. Anyways while increasing the damage and speed would be nice i think making it a status based weapon would make it stand out more from other weapons

My issue is with melee right now, and the fraggor isn't suitable for the majority of my frames. Thanks though =] . I am enjoying the odd Stug and I'll go with the Flux rifle over ignis maybe.

My issue is with melee right now, and the fraggor isn't suitable for the majority of my frames. Thanks though =] . I am enjoying the odd Stug and I'll go with the Flux rifle over ignis maybe.

Nah i got the tendency that i MUST get a flamethrower if its featured in a game, call me pyromaniac. I really havent seen any good melee for grineer, but really its all up to your style