Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Expanding On Stealth Play With Whips.

Arlayn

The whip stealth attack is cool and all with the whole wrapping it around the neck, or just stabbing them...

But I think the whip needs a long range sneak attack. Kinda like the stuff you see in Asian movies, or most medevial movies during a sneak attack on the castle walls. Where they wrap a cord around their neck and pull them in to assassinate them. Even though the whips don't have a lasso on them I think it would be cool if at a certain distance a sneak attack icon showed up, and I was given the option(even if it only works on humanoid enemies) to swing the whip out and wrap it around their neck pulling them in to quickly assassinate them.

Like picking them out of the crowd. Could even make it fancy by having the Scoliac get thrown in directly at the enemy impaling them through the back, and out stomach and pulling them in. Since there is no other melee weapon on the Tenno they could pull them in and snap their neck as the finishing blow.

Yes I do know not all sneak attacks insta kill especially on higher level areas, but just for the fun of seeing that animation. Also it should be the length of the whip, not extreme distance like on Valkyr's ripline.

The point of the using the whip and pull in stealth kill is just that. Pick enemies out of a crowd without getting to close. It could revolutionize how we use melee, and would even put it up there with the bow as a ranged stealth weapon. Even though its for sneak attacks only, and only works when the enemy is not alerted. (Yes I do realize that sounds like a scorpion technique from Mortal Kombat).

Of course the main reason I bring this up because I saw something like it in the movie 47 Ronin even though it was a technique done with several guys as they used the ropes to sneak attack kill guards I think the Tenno with their great strength could do it single handedly. Plus I saw abunch of other movies in the past where they used similar techniques... and never really thought about bringing it up till I got more used to the Scoliac. Like a light bulb came on in my brain or something.