The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Panic! At The Disco - "this Is Gospel"

Archistopheles

So everytime I hear this song, I think of Warframe. Tell me if it makes sense, or if I'm going crazy:

"This is gospel for the fallen ones
Locked away in permanent slumber
Assembling their philosophies
From pieces of broken memories"

Just like Tenno waking up from cryosleep, right? We don't even know who we are.

"Oh, this is the beat of my heart, this is the beat of my heart [x2]
The gnashing teeth and criminal tongues conspire against the odds
But they haven’t seen the best of us yet"

I think of that part as "Oh, I'm alive now, and look at these evil Grineer conspiring against us" and "they haven't seen the best of us yet" can be taken as to meaning that you, the player that just woke up, is a great warrior even among Tenno.

"If you love me let me go
If you love me let me go
‘Cause these words are knives and often leave scars
The fear of falling apart
And truth be told, I never was yours
The fear, the fear of falling apart "

Now we get into foreshadowing... I look at the chorus as our relationship with Lotus. If she really cares about us, why can't we have free will?

Her words = her assignments that often get us hurt or even killed at times, and truth be told we were never designed to be the Lotus's in the first place, but we're afraid of "falling apart" as in no longer having a purpose.

"This is gospel for the vagabonds,
Never-do-wells and insufferable bastards
Confessing their apostasies
Led away by imperfect impostors"

This part is about the Corpus: Never-do-wells and insufferable bastards (could be Grineer, but I looked up the term apostasies, and it means to abandon a religious or political belief)

They call us the Betrayers, but in reality, the Corpus were the ones led away from their religion/political belief by "imperfect imposters" which are more likely to be the Grineer.

"Don’t try to sleep through the end of the world
And bury me alive
'Cause I won’t give up without a fight

Pretty standard cryosleep solider thoughts. The sol system is threatening to be the "end of the world(s)" but it's not ending without a fight!

After that, the chorus repeats itself: "The beating of my heart" (Staying alive) and "The fear of falling apart" as a human-weapon, we need to kill to be useful, but it's a dangerous road we travel.

Thoughts?