Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Sadden The Use Of Physical Damage Mods

Freelancer27

As much as I do notice in every player that the Physical Damage mods will soon be ignored due to the resistances of each enemy being affected greatly by Elemental mods, and the fact that Physical mods are just too small to work with.

Say Piercing Hit:

250px-ModPiercingHit.png

Used to be a decent mod in Damage 1.0 (Though Damage 1.0 is not in my liking.) as the damage itself is capable of penetrating armor and most resistance quickly. But this is not the point.

My point is mods like these are just frankly too weak to be in the customization in the late-games of Warframe, as most of these are traded out with mods like these.

250px-HellfireU11.png

Notice how large the increase of damage would be if this elemental mod is used instead of Piercing Hit? Despite of the small change of Power Points, this is actually too efficient.

What I want to suggest is to strengthen Physical damage mods to be just as powerful as the Elemental mods, as the Damage 2.2 evolves to somewhere at Damage 2.5.

For example of my own Piercing Hit:

2zist20.jpg

Now, you might think that the -5% will work like the displayed "extra" Puncture damage, but it won't. How?

The -5% will work only to the base Damage of that type will be used for the Extra later.

If two separated mods like Piercing Hit is mixed with Rupture for example, this will be the result:

For Puncture Damage:

Base Puncture Damage - (Base Puncture * negative Puncture percentage) = New Base Puncture Damage (or NBPD)

NBPD will replace the old Puncture Damage from that weapon, making New Total Based Damage.

NBPD + (New Total Base Damage * (extra Puncture percentage)) = Total Puncture Damage

For Impact Damage:

Base Impact Damage - (Base Puncture * negative Impact percentage) = New Base Impact Damage (or NBID)

NBID will replace the old Impact Damage from that weapon, making New Total Based Damage, this will add along with the Puncture.

NBID + (New Total Base Damage * (extra Puncture percentage)) = Total Puncture Damage

Result should be like this, think of Latron using them:

Base Puncture = 28

Base Impact = 6

Base Slash = 6.

Using Piercing Hit level 2 (from 0, which is +45%) and Rupture level 4 (from 0, which is +75%).

6 - (6 * 0.15) = 5.1, NBID

28 - (28 * 0.25) = 21, NBPD

6 - (6 * 0.15) = 5.1, NBSD (New Base Slash Damage)

Total Base Damage = 40 - 28 + 21 - 6 + 5.1 - 6 + 5.1 = 31.2 (New Total Base Damage)

21 + (31.2 * 0.45) = 35.04, New Puncture Damage

5.1 + (31.2 * 0.75) = 28.5, New Impact Damage.

5.1 + (31.2 * 0) = 5.1, New Slash Damage.

Total Damage = 35.04 + 28.5 + 5.1 = 68.64 or 69 Total Physical Damage.

This way, Physical Damage mods can be treated similarly with the Elemental Damage mods. This will also actually treat the modification of bullets slightly more realistically.

Although, I am still open for the disadvantage of -5% to -10%. :3

Edited by Freelancer27

So you want to have these changes LOWER the alternate type's values? Why not just make the P/I/S values stronger? As strong as the elemental damage values, +90? Why not have the P/I/S values be taken from total damage, and not just buff their respective values? Make the P/I/S damage mods work the same exact way that the elemental damage values do. That's the real fix, put them on equal footing with the elemental mods.

that seems like it may be decent.

while we're at it though, the Physical mods would need to actually boost the damage achieved with Elementals. as that's a BIG reason why nobody uses them now. they're not worth it, because the extra damage they add is just not a big change to the gameplay.

no weapon can really afford to use more than one Physical mod anyways, so we don't need to really worry about that. and most weapons have low damages other than one of them for that matter.

all that remains to be tweaked, would be how much of a boost to Elementals having Physical mods boost their calculated damage would be. because it could be a lot.. and we don't need more damage. we have plenty as is.

Make the P/I/S damage mods work the same exact way that the elemental damage values do. That's the real fix, put them on equal footing with the elemental mods.

but the Physical damages aren't equal to Elementals. Elementals are a core part of Damage now. they are required for you to perform even decently at or past midlevel content.

Physical damages are alright, but they easily get made 'useless' at even midlevel enemies, because they don't have major bonuses against anything. 

that, combined with Elementals being higher than their Physical counterparts, and having larger bonuses and negatives, makes Elementals far more important to gameplay.

for example - Impact has a small bonus to Shields. Ice has a medium bonus to Shields. Magnetic has a huge bonus to Shields.

since Ice and Magnetic are based off of the weapons' combined Physical damage, Ice and Magnetic are superior to Impact to break shields.

the fact that Elementals have damage based on Physical damage, makes them superior. and larger bonuses, makes them superior. both of those together, make them the core of the system now.

Edited by taiiat

So you want to have these changes LOWER the alternate type's values? Why not just make the P/I/S values stronger? As strong as the elemental damage values, +90? Why not have the P/I/S values be taken from total damage, and not just buff their respective values? Make the P/I/S damage mods work the same exact way that the elemental damage values do. That's the real fix, put them on equal footing with the elemental mods.

The negative is used as specialization traits for the weapon instead actually making it similar to Damage 1.0 where Elemental Mods are mixed with Armor-piercing damage, which is not supposed to.

All plus mods will become Rainbow combinations again, which I disgust to from the first place.