Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Midair Speeds

G3rman

I'm not sure if this was actually changed or if its because my warframes are just slower, but I believe our speed we have in midair has changed. Right now, it feels like we are floating on clouds and not actually dropping from a large height.

I think it would be better if very small jumps would have us drop as we used to, whereas great distance drops keep up this slower, more controlled movement.

Edited by G3rman

It's weird. It does make some movement chains easier but also feels less precise in general. The floaty jump sensation is pretty horrible imho and makes the sliding feel oddly off-kilter- like, gravity's stepped out for a breath of fresh air, but friction is still at his post?

I dunno, i'm sure a million halo fans will prefer the floatier jumping. Personally I don't really like it but it's not a dealbreaker by any means :)

Edited by FlanShark

Having played with it some more:

they made it easier to chain moves together, right?

It's nothing to do with slower fall speeds or so, it's tweaking to the actual movement system's rules, I think.

The combination of new floaty jumps and all frames being slow as hell again thanks to the reset feels rrrrreally bad atm though :(

More or less stopped noticing this after a longish session just now.

Wallrunning/climbing etc seems to have been tweaked up a lot.

The slower fall speed now only feels noticeable when you run/slide over an edge, imho. I guess that's why G3rman said

I think it would be better if very small jumps would have us drop as we used to, whereas great distance drops keep up this slower, more controlled movement.

which i now agree with, for what its worth =)

this was initially my biggest complaint with u7 and it's not bothering me much any more

hopefully future tweaking to come, but i'm no longer desperate ;)

I think they did this to make shooting/chaining actions easier as you fall but it gives it a very unreal feel to the game, I can see its usefullness, but I also see some drawbacks, like jumping into cover from a high point, or doing a melee weapon air-slam, ether way I'm not realling for it right now, maybe it will grow on me.