The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Gpu Memory Warning In A 2Gram Gpu

tingxyu

I met a problem about GPU memory low warning when I'm in Warframe. When I on the DX11 in Warframe, the warning from Windows came out and alert me that the memory is low, please close the program. If I ignore the message, later on my Windows will BSOD with the message "driver irql not less or equal". I search online for the solution:

1. Re-install your drivers.

2. If problem didn't solve, please turn the game to DX9 mode.

Well the problem solved by turning off DX11 in Warframe. But I felt not enjoying with DX9, I'm sure my GPU is powerful enough to handle DX11. I have no problem on Crysis 3 with 1080p, all hi settings.

Any other suggestion to let me play Warframe DX11 with no problem? :)

My laptop spec: Lenovo Y510p, you know the power of this laptop. ;)

2 Gram CPU? That's your problem, it's pretty lightweight.

Seriously though, if it can run Crysis 3 at that level, I'm not sure why it can't run warframe in dx11.

What's problem with that? Intel Core i7 4700MQ I don't think the CPU is a problem. And, this model basically is considered as a gaming laptop.

When I on the DX11 in Warframe, the warning from Windows came out and alert me that the memory is low, please close the program. 

I don't know if is related, but Windows only give me alerts about memory when the Virtual memory paging file size is to low (predefined low size, insuficient free space on HD to dynamic allocation, etc)

I solved this realocating my paging file in another HD with the double size of my RAM (WIN + PAUSE > Advanced systems settings > Performance Settings > Advanced Tab > Change)

Since it's laptop, i'd guess your "2GB vram" is not real.

But system shared.

I googled the laptop, I'd guess there might be issues with cpu built-in GPU kicking in at wrong moment, spewing errors.

It could be dynamic power distribution and usage (psu wise).

It could be GPU Boost thingmajig causing issues.

At most cases, i hate laptops, due to their "Oh, hey there! Let me be smarter than you!" driver/utility overkill they have, often forcing user to remove/disable/destroy/glitch such software to stop it from being pain in arse.

TL;DR most likely "utility software" conflicts and errors.

Edited by mohrad

I don't know if is related, but Windows only give me alerts about memory when the Virtual memory paging file size is to low (predefined low size, insuficient free space on HD to dynamic allocation, etc)

I solved this realocating my paging file in another HD with the double size of my RAM (WIN + PAUSE > Advanced systems settings > Performance Settings > Advanced Tab > Change)

I checked that and it shows 11,264 MB in Virtual Memory category. Is it too small?

Since it's laptop, i'd guess your "2GB vram" is not real.

But system shared.

I googled the laptop, I'd guess there might be issues with cpu built-in GPU kicking in at wrong moment, spewing errors.

It could be dynamic power distribution and usage (psu wise).

It could be GPU Boost thingmajig causing issues.

At most cases, i hate laptops, due to their "Oh, hey there! Let me be smarter than you!" driver/utility overkill they have, often forcing user to remove/disable/destroy/glitch such software to stop it from being pain in arse.

TL;DR most likely "utility software" conflicts and errors.

Does that mean some kinda "Optimus" technology ruined that such cool experience? Someone said that "Optimus technology" brought some gaming experience issues before.

I met a problem about GPU memory low warning when I'm in Warframe.

Can you screenshot this error? Doesnt sound like a generic windows error.

If we know what application/driver is causing the error to occur, might be able to resolve it.

You have a Nvidia GeForce GT 755M 2GB, however, if its shared GPU memory with your system memory (which it shouldnt be), you might need to raise the limit.
Goto bois, or google, increase the shared GPU memory limit to something like 512mb.
Edited by Fourdee

Does that mean some kinda "Optimus" technology ruined that such cool experience? Someone said that "Optimus technology" brought some gaming experience issues before.

Not exactly ruining, but it was hassling. Warframe oftenly ran with the integrated (Intel's) GPU because of Optimus (failed detection maybe?). Try to set Warframe to run with the discrete/dedicated GPU through the driver setting.

Usually, Windows will only warned you for low available system memory, not video memory, so it's probably between an app that furiously eating out your memory (unlikely though) or Warframe ran with Intel's GPU (that uses shared memory).

• 3 weeks later...

I am sure I run the game with Nvidia GPU. Before the system warning message appears, the game ran lagging(a bit, annoying graphical lag) but the FPS meter keep showing 60fps.

My GPU is Nvidia 750M without SLI, 2GB GRAM. Or the only way to overcome the problem is to turn off to DX9?

I am sure I run the game with Nvidia GPU. Before the system warning message appears, the game ran lagging(a bit, annoying graphical lag) but the FPS meter keep showing 60fps.

My GPU is Nvidia 750M without SLI, 2GB GRAM. Or the only way to overcome the problem is to turn off to DX9?

Just to be sure, set it through your driver setting.

(too lazy to write it all again :q)

Usually, Windows will only warned you for low available system memory, not video memory, so it's probably between an app that furiously eating out your memory (unlikely though) or Warframe ran with Intel's GPU (that uses shared memory).

Just to be sure, set it through your driver setting.

(too lazy to write it all again :q)

Okay forgot to mention it, I never left any web browsers or any "RAM-Eating" softwares run behind my pc before I start to playing the game.

The RAM is used up about around 30% in warframing. Internet told me a method before, to set and increase the virtual memory page size, done it but 'unaffected' to the problem.

Okay forgot to mention it, I never left any web browsers or any "RAM-Eating" softwares run behind my pc before I start to playing the game.

The RAM is used up about around 30% in warframing. Internet told me a method before, to set and increase the virtual memory page size, done it but 'unaffected' to the problem.

Well, increasing virtual memory is not necessary, since Win 7 got it all automatically covered very well. Try to update your DirectX again (last update is, June 2010, I think?), maybe that was the cause.

Keyword being laptop.

Please refer to this (again, I'm too lazy to write it all again) :

You shouldn't discriminate people who played with their laptops. Yeah sure, the majority of laptop is unsuitable for games, but for some people, they don't have any other choice than playing with it (regardless their budget).

the msg you've got was about io adress. This mean:

1st Question:

Are You running 64bit?

If not, you may have too big pool of addresses assigned so it cannot use more than certain amount of RAM (not only your gpu ram but your normal ram too)

2nd Question:

Please tell us what kind of system, and hardware you're running on.

3rd Question: -- or request.

Please chech with which hardware you're sharing the IRQ address of Your GPU.

Please refer to this (again, I'm too lazy to write it all again) :

Laptops make poor gaming machines, even the most powerful ones. Weird things are to be expected when you push a machine designed for low power consumption against the ropes.

I'm not saying It's your fault anyway :)

Laptops make poor gaming machines, even the most powerful ones. Weird things are to be expected when you push a machine designed for low power consumption against the ropes.

I disagree its his fault for buying laptop not a pc.

rofl.

Well, laptop isn't really designed for it anyway...

Yeah, it's okay : )

I disagree its his fault for buying laptop not a pc.

rofl.

My laptop ran Crysis 3 no prob at all(In High settings 1080p). I don't believe that warframe can perform as high quality as Crysis 3. My laptop is decent for gaming so please stop arguing about my laptop. And replying to CyklonDX, I choose laptop because I want to work something 'cool' with convenience. Otherwise, I prefer desktop for gaming but sadly "gaming only" is not my first priority.

Try these settings in the nVidia Control Panel:

Manage 3D setting =>Global Settings

Preferred graphics processor => High-performance NVIDIA processor

Power management mode => prefer maximum performance

the msg you've got was about io adress. This mean:

1st Question:

Are You running 64bit?

If not, you may have too big pool of addresses assigned so it cannot use more than certain amount of RAM (not only your gpu ram but your normal ram too)

2nd Question:

Please tell us what kind of system, and hardware you're running on.

3rd Question: -- or request.

Please chech with which hardware you're sharing the IRQ address of Your GPU.

1: Yes my system is in 64-bit and make sured the warframe runs at 64-bit.

2: Windows 8.1 Single Language 64-bit, 8GB DDR3 RAM, Nvidia 750M solo, Intel Core i7 4700MQ and 1TB HDD SATA.

3: Since the nvidia runs with Intel HD 4600 by optimus, I think IRQL came from Intel itself. I checked the global settings or anything else I am MAKE SURE the game RUNS WITH NVDIA one.

In addition, I tried to disable Intel HD 4600 for only Nvidia driver running in device manager but the Windows warned me that I have no driver installed/enabled. So I believe Nvidia stick with Intel.