Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forum Signatures

Kiwi

Can we get permissions to have a custom signature? Just disable links and a few things. It is a way to let the community express themselves more. Just get the forum admins and mods to help moderate them so they are appropriate? :)

Meh, idk some people have advertising sigs, etc. Remember all of this is new so it might take time to personalize.

Thats why you remove links. If someone has a advertising image(make images only allowed to be cretain sizes) it's not that bad

• 2 months later...

Personally I'm totaly against signatures and would any day vote against this here. It has been a pleasant experience so far here on this forum. Less is more! While having 2-3 sentences (in a smaller font) might be ok, putting pictures in the sig will just make the forum unnecessary ugly! Even if their size is limited. You can't expect from ppl to follow the style of the page - this will never happen, as everyone has his own preferences, thus it WILL get ugly like so many forums out there. I sincerely hope that Warframe's forum will stay stylish as it is atm and not become overcrowded with visually disturbing images...

I feel like the forum should let us post our own signatures to help make it more customized. It would be really cool to see what some of the players can make in photoshop and stuff like that.

I really want to show off my cool designing skills too haha

Signatures add no relevance to posts and only eat up space. If this would be a board where people consistently post long entries, sure, it wouldn't matter, but with the short "lol me too" posts errywhere, there is literally no advantage to signatures that a forum profile avatar wouldn't give. Because, in the end, do you really think that your witty quotation is that important that we have to read it 12 times per page? ;)

And images only make the clutter worse.

Edited by Ced23Ric

Signatures add no relevance to posts and only eat up space. If this would be a board where people consistently post long entries, sure, it wouldn't matter, but with the short "lol me too" posts errywhere, there is literally no advantage to signatures that a forum profile avatar wouldn't give. Because, in the end, do you really think that your witty quotation is that important that we have to read it 12 times per page? ;)

This. I wholeheartedly agree.

Agree.

But i want a custom account image, everyone looks the same, the only change is the name or the founder image. I usually make friends in foruns and i dont want to remember every nickname, a picture is a lot easier ~

Whilst I don't fully disagree or anything, as a counter point, with the current avatar image + founder badges, a lot of posts have large empty spaces after the actual text. Space that would be filled (without making the post bigger) by a signature.

Also, a lot of people like signatures.

Also also, I don't know about you, but in every forum I've ever been on with signatures, I almost always unconciously glance over them unless something catches my eye/it's a new poster that I've never read the sig of before.

Also also also, give forum avatars before signatures.

Also, a lot of people like signatures.

A lot of people like Nickleback and Creed, good sir. Or Justin Bieber and One Direction. That should tell us all a lesson about a lot of people. ;)

As soon as we have individual avatars, the poster-to-post connection/recognition is given. Signatures are really just playplaces for Photoshop enthuasiasts to show off, referral-links to be placed and dumps for pseudo-intellectual quotes. A signature is, boiled down, you signing a scriptum. That function is already fulfilled by attaching your name (to the left) to the post. With that being done, signatures lack use past that - and only take up space/load time/band width. It is a pointless gimmick with more downsides than use.

But I agree with you on the avatar/badge eating up space like a semi truck in a parking lot for Smart cars. A more ... intricate implementation of the Founder's Badges would be nice. ;)

Well, if the signatures appears here in warframe forum, they need to have a size limit, i see a lot of foruns that signatures dont have limit and... Chaos.

Userbars, little images, gifs, "achievements", its funny to see.

Largers images, storys, ad, comics... sucks '-'

Yeah well i think a good sized signature picture can show creativity!

With all due respect, there are sites like diviantart, where one can show creativity en masse. A gaming forum like this one here has other purposes, namely - communication. Small avatars would be enough if better distinction between it's members is desired, but not even that is of any importance.

With all due respect, there are sites like diviantart, where one can show creativity en masse. A gaming forum like this one here has other purposes, namely - communication. Small avatars would be enough if better distinction between it's members is desired, but not even that is of any importance.

Well that's true, i mean there's reasons on both sides, and to be perfectly frank i don't really care for pictures, Text Signatures are what i was mostly looking at

Well that's true, i mean there's reasons on both sides

True...

Text Signatures are what i was mostly looking at

A couple of sentences 2 or 3 lines high at max, kept in smaller text size than the regular to distinguish the sigs from the rest of the text wouldn't hurt, I guess. Personally I could perfectly live without them, although I must agree that some ppl share with the world something really amusing, funny or wise by using them. As for the purpose of distinguishing members I'd rather have a way to change one's avatar. No gif's though... moving thingies do mostly distract in a bad way, than are funny/nice to look at.

• 2 weeks later...