Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Popular Is The Game ?

Zoliru

now that stupid steam deleted 3 gig of files and redownloading it bicous the last 3 mb hotfix -.- ( for me only it seems )

im lurking the forums and im wondering

how popular is the game ?

just bicous I got pretty addicted to the game I REALY like it and its unique out there

but im afraid that this will be another Exteel <.<

don't want to spend money and ALLOT of time on something that dies in a few year :/

Edited by Zoliru

The game's pretty popular, but since it's in beta I'm pretty sure it won't just die off randomly, though no one can be certain. Last I remember there were a million people playing.

that's freaken GOOD news 1 million playing or registered ? there is a difference if its playing then that's REALY good among the mmos

ok now im heaving huge hopes for the game and gonna start throwing money with 2 hand at them

but if they screw something those will be coins and that will hurt !!!

it was a long time I enjoyed a game this much

always was searching a good scifi game and I also like ninjas soooooo yeah perfect.

Edited by Zoliru

now that stupid steam deleted 3 gig of files and redownloading it bicous the last 3 mb hotfix -.- ( for me only it seems )

im lurking the forums and im wondering

how popular is the game ?

just bicous I got pretty addicted to the game I REALY like it and its unique out there

but im afraid that this will be another Exteel <.<

don't want to spend money and ALLOT of time on something that dies in a few year :/

THE COMMUNITY of WARFRAME.Enough said...

It's the 16th most popular game on Steam as of 10pm EST on December 30th 2013 (http://store.steampowered.com/stats/), with over 12,000 people logged in at the moment. That doesn't count people who aren't playing through Steam, so I don't know any solid numbers. It doesn't have WoW numbers, but every time I PUG I play with new people, so I think based on that and Steam's numbers there's a decent sized playerbase.

It's the 16th most popular game on Steam as of 10pm EST on December 30th 2013 (http://store.steampowered.com/stats/), with over 12,000 people logged in at the moment. That doesn't count people who aren't playing through Steam, so I don't know any solid numbers. It doesn't have WoW numbers, but every time I PUG I play with new people, so I think based on that and Steam's numbers there's a decent sized playerbase.

nothing will reach those numbers even wow never gonna reach their own big numbers now that once have but if its true that this game is over 1 million Playing players that means its doing REALY good.

I'm afraid that some of the numbers in this thread may be a bit exaggerated.

During the Gradivus event, there was a player count where you could see your rank in scores. However, your scores counted positive in one direction, and negative in another (you essentially had a ranking for each side, depending on who you supported). In my clan there was a guy in the top 10 on one side, but about 80000th on the opposite side (within the bottom 10). So the total number of people who participated in that event was around 80000. That was a 7 day event during late October. This event completely took over Mars and introduced a completely new mission type, so I think it is safe to assume that most people who logged in during that week had a chance to play. In my opinion, probably around 80% of active players (anyone who hasn't abandoned their accounts, and can therefore be considered to be playing warframe) participated in the event. This leaves a rough estimate of 100k total players.

Consider if 1 million people were actively playing warframe at the time.That would mean that only about 12.5% of active players actually participated in a novel, system-disrupting, gamewide, week long event with rewards for even minor participation. I find this unlikely.

Now, to compare concurrent player counts from then and now. Please note that during events and updates, player count rises sharply, so these numbers may not be indicative of player count outside of those circumstances. We are in the middle of an event now, so expect inflated player counts. In addition, DE has stated in a previous livestream that Steam players do constitute a majority of their playerbase. So while these numbers are not representative of the total concurrent player count, they do constitute the majority of concurrent players.

Here is Steam's historical player information from October 23 to October 30 (the duration of the event).

http://www.steamgraph.net/index.php?action=graph&jstime=1&appid=230410&from=1382508000000&to=1383112800000

And here is this week's player information.

http://www.steamgraph.net/index.php?action=graph&appid=230410&from=1387856593

You can see in the first graph that the player count during the event oscillates between 15-16k and 6-9k players. In the graph that represents this week, the player count oscillates between 14-15k and 8-10k. Very similar ranges. Based on this data, I think it is safe to assume that the player count of warframe is also similar, and therefore roughly 100k total active players.

100k players fits in with the other evidence we currently have. It would mean that roughly 1/5 people who had ever created a warframe account are still playing (when an account is made for warframe, you are automatically logged into the forums and your account increases the little number at the bottom by 1), which I find reasonable, considering that the game has been running for over a year now.

Things die in a "few" years because people like yourself second guess. If you like something, support it. Simple principle. Doesn't matter if it shuts down as long as you enjoyed the time spent. Not to mention, this ain't NCSoft, so it ain't gonna get screwed over like CoH (or Exteel). Then again, CoH was around for eight years, which is quite a bit. How I miss that game.

I can tell you a few good reasons why this wont die fast:

Dev team is small as hell while working at 200% speed (saves money)

No dedicated servers (saves ridiculous amounts of money)

Popular enough to be really profitable

"Elite" dev team...while the division working on this feels new and inexperienced (extensive QA doesnt seem to be their thing aye)..it is indeed DE at work here who have been pulling off lots of good feats.

Edited by Shehriazad

Things die in a "few" years because people like yourself second guess. If you like something, support it. Simple principle. Doesn't matter if it shuts down as long as you enjoyed the time spent. Not to mention, this ain't NCSoft, so it ain't gonna get screwed over like CoH (or Exteel). Then again, CoH was around for eight years, which is quite a bit. How I miss that game.

I will support it anyway bicous I realy like it I just wanted to know hows it going.

I second quess bicous i see that games nowdays flop left and right nonstop even games with big names or the devs don't shut down the game but totally abandon its playerbase....

and games that goes live and never goes anywhere....

Swtor

GW2

Exteel

Champions Online

and ALLOT more

The DE dev team has big plans and theyre not afraid to make big changes...sometimes the big changes are overboard....but if you stick around for a while you can feel how its their "baby".

And theyre responsible parents!

Edit: The rng right now feels worse than Vindictus right now actually...but Im certain they will have some massive changes in 2014..

Edited by Shehriazad

The DE dev team has big plans and theyre not afraid to make big changes...sometimes the big changes are overboard....but if you stick around for a while you can feel how its their "baby".

And theyre responsible parents!

Edit: The rng right now feels worse than Vindictus right now actually...but Im certain they will have some massive changes in 2014..

i love big changes it gives you a feel that the game is going somewhere.

Edited by Zoliru

Edit: The rng right now feels worse than Vindictus right now actually

As a Vindictus player, I can confirm that it's not nearly that bad.

Imagine if your weapon had a 40% chance of vanishing every time you put a new mod on it, and you had to pay 4 bucks to prevent a single upgrade failure. That's Vindictus.

Edited by SortaRandom

Imagine if your weapon had a 40% chance of vanishing every time you put a new mod on it, and you had to pay 4 bucks to prevent a single upgrade failure. That's Vindictus.

omg

Given Vindictus is definitely a p2w title as achieving stuff that paying people do is nigh impossible as free person.

I was talking about farming rare weapons/armor...because VD has a coupon system that allows you to earn rare drops if you fail your rng.

The enhancing system in vd cant really be consideres f2p anyway...so you better ignore that part (since with money you can max your weapon easily, but without you can forget about that.)