Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Paris - Ability To 'undraw' Arrows

KogSothoth

Undraw? Sheath? Unnock? Put away? Whatever.

Anyways, I was hoping for an addition where R (or whatever reload is for you) would undraw the Paris' arrow if you have it nocked. I've spent many times either walking around with a drawn arrow as to not waste it, or simply firing and wasting a shot because there's nothing to shoot and I'm too lazy to hold down mouse 1.

I'm loving the Paris (and most of update 7) and this would make things even better for me. Thanks!

Agreed. Would love to un-draw bow string.

Also, while the bow looks cool and arrow is massive--looking like it would really do serious damage. I think a better effect would be to get rid of the string and the arrow. Let them form from energy as the bow is drawn. http://youtu.be/3JjhQ1Oi_3k?t=27s This mean maybe we don't need the quicver on our back. It looks a bit Lord of Rings-ish in this Sci-fi setting.

I think the bow could be a little smaller. Or thinner. It could also fit on your back better

Also, while the bow looks cool and arrow is massive--looking like it would really do serious damage. I think a better effect would be to get rid of the string and the arrow. Let them form from energy as the bow is drawn. http://youtu.be/3JjhQ1Oi_3k?t=27s This mean maybe we don't need the quicver on our back. It looks a bit Lord of Rings-ish in this Sci-fi setting.

I think the bow could be a little smaller. Or thinner. It could also fit on your back better

Aligning the bow might be troublesome depending on warframe size - clipping, etc. Also, do we really need more effects in the game? There is a metric ton of bloom, lens flare, etc.

I was thinking/hoping for the same actually, but instead of changing Paris, why not just add a new bow that will work differently? When they've got time for it that is.

I was thinking/hoping for the same actually, but instead of changing Paris, why not just add a new bow that will work differently? When they've got time for it that is.

Mmmm.. OK. Permissable. I will allow this. +! LOL!!

good suggestion. or even as an alternate skin...

Mmmm.. OK. Permissable. I will allow this. +! LOL!!

good suggestion. or even as an alternate skin...

I.. uh.. thanks? lol

Alternate skin sounds good too, but having a new bow that shoots energy projectiles and without a quiver sounds even better ;P It could be like a low damage rapid attack sort of bow as opposed to a slow but powerful Paris, either way works though, if they even consider it.

Edited by CapricaSix

I.. uh.. thanks? lol

Alternate skin sounds good too, but having a new bow that shoots energy projectiles and without a quiver sounds even better ;P It could be like a low damage rapid attack sort of bow as opposed to a slow but powerful Paris, either way works though, if they even consider it.

Agreed. More weapons is alwasy good.

I noticed the Paris does less dmg if you don't pull the string all the way back. Fires quicker but for less dmg per hit.

Have you tried rolling, jumping, or using a melee attack? Any of those might animation cancel the arrow as well without bugging out [as much] as switching to pistol.

My Paris is still being built in the foundary so I can't check myself.

They all cancel the attack, but at the expense of firing the charged arrow. Which kind of defeats the point, and wastes the already somewhat sparse ammo.

Yep, definitely needs the ability to un-draw without firing. Still, it's a pretty fun new toy. :) It does allow you to fire while sprinting though...Oh yeah, I think it's "de-nock"? :)

Edited by Qeveren

Have you tried rolling, jumping, or using a melee attack? Any of those might animation cancel the arrow as well without bugging out [as much] as switching to pistol.

My Paris is still being built in the foundary so I can't check myself.

Doing any of those (including falling) fires the arrow.