Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Phased: Change With Color, Please.

Exo594

Please modify the skins so that they will change in accordance with the user's colors. I'd be happy with just the blue stuffs changing to one other color as determined by the primary slot, and have all the other slots not modify the color. I'd love it if these phased skins were able to match my typical colors.

Please modify the skins so that they will change in accordance with the user's colors. I'd be happy with just the blue stuffs changing to one other color as determined by the primary slot, and have all the other slots not modify the color. I'd love it if these phased skins were able to match my typical colors.

Agreed, now I need to change my frame's color to blue to make it match, and blue frames are ugly (specially excalibur)

I'm only partially on board with this. I wouldn't mind the phased items being tintable, but at the same time that's sort of what makes the phased items special.

It's recognizable because they're the only items that have that energy color, and it allows you to have a separate energy color from your syandana. That can actually be pretty neat on certain frames, such as my dark purple Nyx or my forest-camo Oberon. It goes particularly well with Mag and Oberon, considering they use magnetic and radiation-based abilities.

I don't know, DE. It's up to you. One look forever, or will we one day be able to tint these skins?

EDIT: The syandana would be easy, since that is only one color to my knowledge. What I wonder is how the phased weapons and Vauban actually work. We may well be looking at an effect that's really hard to make tintable, and even harder to choose colors for. From what I can tell, it seems to have the regular basic texture underneath, and then a moving transparent layer over that. With pre-chosen colors, that can work, but it may well be an ugly look when handled by players. Hell, changing the colors might screw up the transparency entirely, since some colors are naturally going to show  up more or less on the transparent layer.

Edited by TheInfiniteDoom