The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Warframe 5Th Ability

LightstealKnight

I do not know if this has been mentioned but I think that it would be a great idea for DE to create a rare drop card that must be found in game (and not auto-granted) for all warframes.

This ability could be one of or a combination of the following options.

1.  A unique ability for a specific warframe (example - useable by Mag only - antigrav boost - Mag temporarily uses her anti-gravity to fly rather than walk.)

2.  A shared ability between 2 or 3 warframes (example - useable by loki + ash - Shadow Blade - buffs the melee weapon with a temporary shadow buff that makes enemies blind and take bonus damage)

3.  A shared ability between ALL warframes  (example - useable by Warframe - Tenno Honor - Warframe will challenge a target enemy making them take and deal 100% bonus damage from/to that enemy and take and deal 90% reduced damage to all other enemies until their challenge has ended or after the duration period).

4.  A replacement to an existing ability (example - useable by rhino - rhino hide - replaces rhino skin - make rhino invincible to ALL damage and knockdown for 10 seconds)

This will actually make it useful to polarize a warframe and ADD an Ability polarity slot, or give an alternative ability to an already existing ability.

The extra ability is automatically mapped to the "5" key and only one "5 - type" ability can be placed on the warframe at any time (similarly with a replacement 2 - type ability).

What does the community think?

Having 5 might sound cool at first, but really, 4 abilities are enough. Though I'd like the mod system to be reworked and for each warframe to have some sort of passives linked to it and be able to modify abilities slightly, this is a topic for another day.

Edited by Tarudizer

We don't even have four fully useful abilities on any of the frames we have now. let's not give DE more skills to ignore.

I agree, and this is one of the things that motivated me to make this post.

Most of my warframes use only 2 or 3 of the abilities.  For example, I do not use Rhino - charge.  But, I know that many people do.  So if a Rhino charge replacement ability were to drop somewhere in the game, I might actually begin using the "1" button again with my Rhino without removing the Rhino Charge ability from other people that really enjoy using it.

Another example might be Volt's electric damage abilities.  If I knew that I was to go in fighting Infested, and I really wanted to use my volt, it would be nice to have alternate abilities to use on him so that he would be viable there, while still preserving his electric damage build against corpus.

Another example might be that I love ALL of the abilities that come with my Ember, but she lacks a bit of survive-ability/CC (which was recently fixed).

One of the solutions could have been to ADD a 5th card drop that I could get from running T3 Mobile Defense (for example) that would do an AOE CC.  So now I would have 5 abilities on my Ember.

Another example might be that I only use 2 abilities on my Necros (terrify and Shadows of the Dead).  So that 5th card for necros could be added instead of his "soul punch" and I would push "5" instead of "1" for a damage ability.

The way that Abilities are now, they give a specific warframe fixed abilities, this would give them a little more wiggle room and player customization on which abilities you enjoy and find useful without removing the ones that someone else might enjoy and find useful.

frost's 1st/2/4 ability's

Excalibur's super jump

banshees= silence

nekros=shadow of the dead

sayrn=contagion

ability's such as these are lacking

You should try Excali with max power str.  You fly with super jump.

Agree on all the others though

Ash: Bladestom animation time

Oberon: Really? 200 heal for 75 energy?

Nekros:  Honestly having a target limit on terrify is quite dumb.  It is one of the few radial cc moves that has a target limit, the other being Bastille.  If Nyx can chaos everybody I want to be able to terrify my targets. 

A 5th slot for a PASSIVE/Buff/Debuff ability would be nice, or just a Tenno power that ALL frames could use. Auras are really Meh, everyone is using either Energy Siphon or Regeneration.

I would like it NOT to be Warframe specific, and not be grossly overpowered. But another element of customization to fine-tune warframes to a specific player's playstyle.

A stealth ability that isn't as good as Ash/Loki but lets other frames stealth better.

A self-only version of Oberon's heal for self-repair

A self-only version of mag's shield polarize for instant shield restore

Elemental Variants of Ember's Accelerant to make other elements more viable

A superjump that only give 2x jump height

Elemental Variants of Saryn's Contagion to buff melee weapons

A non-enemy targeting version of Ripline for everyone (Would only work on environment, essentially just a grappling hook)

A one-body version of Nekro's Desecrate (you are searching a body for additional supplies)

the list goes on

You should try Excali with max power str.  You fly with super jump.

Agree on all the others though

Ash: Bladestom animation time

Oberon: Really? 200 heal for 75 energy?

Nekros:  Honestly having a target limit on terrify is quite dumb.  It is one of the few radial cc moves that has a target limit, the other being Bastille.  If Nyx can chaos everybody I want to be able to terrify my targets. 

would do that but every match I play is in very small spaces and limits the jump

A 5th slot for a PASSIVE/Buff/Debuff ability would be nice, or just a Tenno power that ALL frames could use. Auras are really Meh, everyone is using either Energy Siphon or Regeneration.

I would like it NOT to be Warframe specific, and not be grossly overpowered. But another element of customization to fine-tune warframes to a specific player's playstyle.

A stealth ability that isn't as good as Ash/Loki but lets other frames stealth better.

A non-enemy targeting version of Ripline for everyone (Would only work on environment, essentially just a grappling hook)

A one-body version of Nekro's Desecrate (you are searching a body for additional supplies)

the list goes on

that's not a bad idea

Edited by tris1

would do that but every match I play is in very small spaces and limits the jump

that's not a bad idea

It works well on phobos, new corpus tile sets, Derelicts, and the void.  Its not that bad on grineer ships.  Annoying with the fake sky on the new jungle tile set.

Losing jump would be bad.  Its one of the best ways to travel in conjunction with slash dash.  You can have fast vertical and horizontal movement and technically an airdash at sharp angles.

Rhino's charge can go much further, and I wish he had better vertical movement to make better use of it.  

the list goes on

very nice ideas

Maybe have the card only obtainable by getting level 30 in the relative frame,

Like your stealth ability can be attained when both loki and ash reach level 30.

And the heal ability when Oberon reaches 30.

Edited by Enemy1

frost's 1st/2/4 ability's

Excalibur's super jump

banshees= silence

nekros=shadow of the dead

sayrn=contagion

ability's such as these are lacking

Super Jump is fine, and SotD just needs a few tweaks, like a priority system that doesn't actively discourage teamwork.

Molecular prime

World on Fire

Snowglobe

Blessing (or Iron Skin)

gg

what I mean is not that any warframe can use other warframe's ability 

what I truly mean is that each warframe is given maybe 8 abilities and only 4 of them can be equiped