The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Not A Noob...

YourBusDriver

I'd like to note that that list of wrong guesses is extremely entertaining when read out of context.

As for my guess... and don't take this as anything rude because frankly I'd be kettle preaching to pot,

You never leave your chair? :P

It's the only bus driver obligation I can think of that hasn't been covered yet.

EDIT:

Oh wait can we have two guesses? Might have another one..

No, that isn't the reason I chose my name.

Yes you may have as many tries as you like! 

This topic is really funny. Guessing your name's origin is like finding a pin that fall into grass in the middle of the night without flashlight.

Well, here's my guess.

You just want to make people confuse themselves.. and their friends. I imagine someone saw your name and said it out loud "Oh, that's my bus driver! He's playing warframe too!" and proceed to ask their own real-life bus driver if they had any void key left to share.. or tell their friends that he/she had been playing with 'your bus driver', thus creating even more confusion.

but that must apply only to the simple-minded only....

sadly our world is full of this kind... so maybe this joke will really work???

As clever, and extrospective as that reason you just gave is, it is incorrect!

Excellent answer BTW. This was suggested to me before via mail (all answers sent by mail are not eligible for winnings), but it is none the less very clever. Many times players use simple tropes to procure laughs out of their respective allies. 

Try again!  

Okay so i have some guesses, too:

Either you watched the Rosario to Vampire Manga because there is an badass busdriver in there.

or

You are used to carry noobs and maybe even idiots trough the missions/rounds so you called yourself "YourBusDriver" so people will know that you are going to "drive them trough the mission"  :D

I actually have seen that bus driver from Rosario to Vampire Manga, but only after I coined this name.

Your second reason is also incorrect.

Try again. 

Another Idea:

A bus. Its big, its heavy, it can easily crush other vehicles. I used the Bus in GTA to crush other cars for fun. You could drive around for ages because it just didn't break. Your favourite FRame is Rhino. He is big, heavy and he can crush the enemies. Maybe you choosed the name because you are basically driving your bus (rhino) through all the enemys? You also did that in other games. 

Does your name even have something to do with gaming? 

Another Idea:

A bus. Its big, its heavy, it can easily crush other vehicles. I used the Bus in GTA to crush other cars for fun. You could drive around for ages because it just didn't break. Your favourite FRame is Rhino. He is big, heavy and he can crush the enemies. Maybe you choosed the name because you are basically driving your bus (rhino) through all the enemys? You also did that in other games. 

Does your name even have something to do with gaming? 

Excellent thinking! That train of though will take you far in this game, but unfortunately you'll need to find another line.

Try again please. 

Edited by YourBusDriver

For the benefit of players:

Short Recap of Incorrect Guesses 

I did not chose my name because:

- I'm actually a bus driver in occupation, devotion, or I volunteer as one 
- I ran out of ideas
- I’m really a taxi driver who wants people to get stuff from alerts
- I chose the name specifically due to that I sometimes taxi people to alerts
- I am the Grim Reaper
- I pick people up in a fancy-shmancy-monster-truck-bus
- It has something to do with universal serial bus driver
- I know where people live
- I am immortal
- It has something to do with Pluto buses
- I drive buses into houses

- I drive buses inexplicably fast 
- I lift buses like superman

- I am the Child Catcher from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
- It has something to do with the Star Craft 2 mod "Mafia"
- I particularly enjoy leading people into battle
- It is short for Omnibus
- I am referencing "Senior Trip" or some other media outlet to a character I appreciate exists
- I am capable of capable of carrying an entire team of Excals with MK-1 Bratons and Latos into T2
- I am using the abbreviation YBD to attract attention from the Young British Designers, as people hilariously attempt to guess my nomenclature 

- It has something to do with the song "The Wheels on the Bus"
- I am a IT programmer (relates to universal serial bus driver)

- It has something to do with my outlook on life
- It has something to do with how I treat others

- It has something to do with my in-game play-style

- I am lonely

- It sounded particularly funny

- For the lolz
- It has something to do with and allusion to certain fictional characters 

- I make a point of keeping others safe (Don't get me wrong, I like to keep people safe, but that's not the reason.)

Okay next guess: You like to party. Most of the time you get choosen to be the driver for the night so you have to drive the others home and after one dayy someone began to call you the bus driver? 

Another Guess:

You have a Kingstar Pluto B6 and you enjoy driving it. It got the nickname "Bus" or "Pluto Bus" and thats why you called yourself bus driver. 

A reference to the song "The wheels on the bus"? About as esoteric as can be.

Haha, even if it's not this, the fact that I had to look it up on youtube was degrading, sitting through the whole thing. How'd you turn a song like that into "all through the carnage"? Sick mind, bruv.

Edited by doom.

Okay next guess: You like to party. Most of the time you get choosen to be the driver for the night so you have to drive the others home and after one dayy someone began to call you the bus driver? 

Another Guess:

You have a Kingstar Pluto B6 and you enjoy driving it. It got the nickname "Bus" or "Pluto Bus" and thats why you called yourself bus driver. 

I'm sorry to inform you that neither of your guess are correct.

Try again.

No, that isn't the reason I chose my name.

Yes you may have as many tries as you like! 

Checked your profile page for hints... and you are quite a cheeky son of a bus! Has this riddle become so damn popular that people are searching everywhere now?

You do realize that if you don't reveal an amazing, completely original and unthought of (yet relatable) reason at the end of all this, a lot of people will be piiiiiiiissed!

Especially if it is REALLY close to a guess that you flat out denied.

But, your wheels will keep on spinning...

"All through the carnage..."

My second guess was - Is it because you like showing people around, either ingame or in real life?

And then my third is - Is it because you just keep going? (in game no matter how many times you/your team dies, life no matter how hard it gets, or uhh... bed? Oh god is it an innuendo of sorts?)

Now I'm just starting to ask a ton of questions, but all of these hardly sound possible at this point. It feels like you've crossed off every possible Bus driver obligation while giving it as one of your main hints!

(P.S: I didn't even walk into this thread to get addicted to this stupid madness, I came here to see if I should or should not rant at your tragic choice of thread title. It is quite tragic.)

This is going away from harmless forum game and turning into stalker nightmare. You're close to getting doxed, mate.

I think we should refrain from posting any clues we find or any details about his life. It's a bit too much just for a game like this.

Edited by doom.

This is going away from harmless forum game and turning into stalker nightmare. You're close to getting doxed, mate.

I think we should refrain from posting any clues we find or any details about his life. It's a bit too much just for a game like this.

Heh, i need a Stalker Avatar :D

• YourBusDriver there is no place to hide.
  • Your TENNO powers are useless!

:D

Edited by THEROBONATOR

Yo Busdriver

Yos bes references a term from the 80's

"Take the kids to school" as in you take kids to get schooled

Congratulations WOODENSWORDNINJA! You correctly guessed why I chose my name.

As for your prize, I will contact you via mail to arrange a trade (at your earliest convenience).

Your going to have to tell me just how the hell you found out! Wow.

I would like to formally thank everyone for their participation! 

The sheer multitude, and variety of creative answers posted on this forum was simply amazing. 

I hope everyone had fun!

Just a few moments ago WOODENSWORDNINJA, the winner of the contest, revealed how he had discerned my cryptic riddle.

My usage of the username YourBusDriver is not isolated to Warframe. Many other of my gamming accounts have this title (as THEROBONATOR previously pointed out). It seems that somewhere along the line, in another place and time, a bit of dialogue between me and the real WOODENSWORDNINJA inadvertently revealed my reason.

I never stated knowing the actual answer was against the rules, and I assure everyone I honestly thought I was the only person who knew!

Stupid me… now it seems the bus driver is the one being “taken to school”… irony at its most potent.

Again, hope you had fun Tenno! Hopefully I can do something like this again. 

Edited by YourBusDriver