Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Official (Maybe?) Mod Fusion Ui Thread.

Mak_Gohae

Instead of everyone posting their problem let's bring all discussion to one thread that will be easy for DE to comb through.

Two problems i have with the Fusion/Mod UI currently.

1. Pressing any of the sort buttons knocks out the card being fused.

I got low credits cause to give myself something to do i built a bunch of frames so now with this new system and it's crazy prices i am using the low rank common mods cores which are a bit cheaper. What i did was picking the card i wanted to upgrade then hiting the rating sorting button so i could easily look for the low rank ones. The problem that appeared was whenever you hit a sorting button the card picked for fusion would also get sorted taking it away from the fusion process.

The way the system works now makes the sorting buttons useless since when i pick a card i would have to manually go through all my pages looking for the low rank ones so the card wont the knocked out. Basically..... i am doing exactly what i did before with mods that were dropped as you obtained them. Which meant that mod from high to low levels were all over the place.

So what i am looking for is that when card is being fuse it should be taken out of the sorting process so it wont get knocked out.

2. Needing to unequip ability mods to Fuse them.

The ability mods wont show up in the mods menu when they are equipped on a warframe or a weapon so to upgrade them you need to take them off, hit apply, hit yes, look for the mod in the mod menu, do your fusing, then go back to the weapon/warframe, put them back on, hit apply, hit yes. Basically, is a long process with a lot of clicking.

Maybe the mod menu instead of having four lines of anything you should have the top two lines be your currently owned ability mods, including equipped ones,and the bottom two lines for cores.

Have the ability mods that are equipped highlighted in a way that is easy to tell and locked so they wont be sold.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

oh good! i'm not the only one who saw frustration in the Fusion UI =P

same prob as OP.

i get the Fusion process started

3_zps29a03714.jpg

go to resort by RATING... (if I am seeing this right, it cost less credit to go from a lower rated Fusion Core and work your way up??)

...-poof-

4_zps18640b40.jpg

doh!

great idea to keep the Mod locked while APPLY FUSION is active.

or maybe after a Mod has been clicked on, keep it locked in there regardless;

hitting CANCEL would reset it to blank and clicking another Mod would replace it.

Another suggestion would be to keep the Mods separated from the Fusion Core in the section that displays your inventory of Mods and Fusion Cores - unless this has been fixed already =P

I noticed when resorting by RATING, some Fusion Core icons would get mixed into the Mod icons and vice versa.

This sort of adds to the UI frustration as well when attempting to sort through Mod options.

One last suggestion is to add a brief description of level # and rarity on the Fusion Core icon to get a better view of what's in the inventory, without having to mouse over each individual icon to get a full description.

Looks like there is a nice little space for a condensed description in the footer of the icon ;)

This will make it a lot faster to upgrade the mods, especially for those who want to burn their Fusion Cores in a particular order.

It can also be used as a quick visual method to verify the order or direction the RATING button sorted them in

Edited by Suprizebuttseks

Stacking is a good idea.

After playing the game for a bit and collecting some mods, I have to say it's still a bit hard to see what you are actually doing.

So here some additons to what has already been said:

The Type filter could be expanded to switch between weapon, Warframe, pet and Fusion Cores. I'd like to see only the items of that specific type.

And then a secondary property like the weapon type, a specific warframe or weapon or a certain effect would be helpful as well.

Highlighting identical mods when using the Fusion menu would be useful as well.

Agree with pretty much all the stuff here.

Stack like mods (same rarity and rank).

Allow fusion on already equipped items (create an equipped section on the UI?)

And please don't deselect the mod I'm working on when I resort the list.

If you select multiple Fusion Cores at one time for fusing, the level does not consistently rise as you select them, it even goes down sometimes!

Try it, select a mod you want to fuse, choose a rank 10 rare, then choose a low rank one and the total level goes down, not up!

I was careless at first and wasted a lot of my mods because of this, I upgraded one mod to level 6 with about 20 cores and it cost over 100k credits... Such a waste. :-(

If you select multiple Fusion Cores at one time for fusing, the level does not consistently rise as you select them, it even goes down sometimes!

Try it, select a mod you want to fuse, choose a rank 10 rare, then choose a low rank one and the total level goes down, not up!

I was careless at first and wasted a lot of my mods because of this, I upgraded one mod to level 6 with about 20 cores and it cost over 100k credits... Such a waste. :-(

was just talking about this same thing with another OP

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/15895-fusing-fusion-cores/

currently digging in the Forums for more info on this.

anybody have any insight on what's going on with certain FC combos subtracting from the level #?

Hi!

I think stacking would be nice in theory, but in practice it would be complicated. For example, let's say you want to fuse two identical mods together. Right now you simply select the first one, press fusion and then select the other. If they were stacked you'd need to unstack them to select the second one, or provide a way to specify the quantity of identical mods you want to fuse. In short, I think it would be a bit of a pain in the &#! for the devs.

That said, I think if they changed the page system for a simple scroll it would be faster and easier to use. I can't help my finger itching over the mouse wheel when I have lots of mods.

Another thing I think it is needed is a bit of info when you level up a power. It would be nice to see some values before spending credits fusing mods to see if it's worth it.

Agree with OP, +1 to stack.

When sorting it would be real nice if the ability cards are always on top. Or another way they can do it is just have the rarity number on the card without having to click on it.

i couldn't agree more.

Another suggestion would be to keep the Mods separated from the Fusion Core in the section that displays your inventory of Mods and Fusion Cores - unless this has been fixed already =P

I noticed when resorting by RATING, some Fusion Core icons would get mixed into the Mod icons and vice versa.

This sort of adds to the UI frustration as well when attempting to sort through Mod options.

One last suggestion is to add a brief description of level # and rarity on the Fusion Core icon to get a better view of what's in the inventory, without having to mouse over each individual icon to get a full description.

Looks like there is a nice little space for a condensed description in the footer of the icon ;)

This will make it a lot faster to upgrade the mods, especially for those who want to burn their Fusion Cores in a particular order.

It can also be used as a quick visual method to verify the order or direction the RATING button sorted them in

i like to lay out the FC's by rating. it helps me decide which combo of Cores I want to use to level up whatever i'm mod'ing.

i took a bunch of screen shots during my Fusion UI adventures.

last night, i think i played more Fusion UI than Warframe trying to get the hang of it....

tell you what though, the GLOBAL chat (and for some the COUNCIL tab) is a great way to share findings about the UI.

got a lot of feedback from other players and i'll try to remember all the info i collected from them when i post what i found.

Thanks to all of you guys by the way for your input regarding Fusion UI.

Can't remember all those names flying around in the chat but you guys know who you are =)

Edited by Suprizebuttseks