Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Ps4 Texture Quality

(PSN)Josef217

Hi um every time I start a mission the texture quality on my Warframe looks okay but as soon as I move, start killing stuff, run, etc. I notice that my Warframe looks very very bad in terms of texture quality, what i need to do in order for the texture quality on my Warframe to return to normal is that i just need to stand still and wait for it to look good again, but as soon as i move and stuff it looks bad xD. I want to know if that's meant to happen on the PS4 version, or if i have a PS4 with a bad graphics card and that I need to trade back at Gamestop for another one. And i'd like to know if any other PS4 player is having these issues.

Yes this happens on all PS4s and it happens more often when there are more objects on the screen.  The game isn't quite fully optimized yet but DE is still working on it.  If you want the fastest texture loading you can try putting in a hybrid hard drive (SSHD) or a solid state drive (SSD).  Replacing the hard drive is very easy and does not void your warranty.  Sony allows easy access to the hard drive with a removable glossy panel on the top.  Search youtube for tutorial videos.

The game seems to decrease texture quality to compensate for the amount of objects or particles on the screen.  Then when action dies down it ramps the texture quality back to normal.  Putting in a faster hard drive will not stop this from happening but when it comes time for the textures to “pop” back in then they will load much more quickly from a SSHD or SSD.

Yes, there are FPS, Texture, lagging and such but hands down this game especially the design, maps, overall look and the character models continue to impress me. There are times I'd just like to slow down a bit and look at stuff. You and everyone else should. It takes a lot just for the little details...metal to look like metal, shadows, lighting . Everyone wanted a nex gen to get the nex gen visuals and though slightly buggy on the load times it's one-heck-of-a-visual feast compared to some of the 360 games I was playing.

I have not noticed this at all-- I never ever see texture popping in and from low-ed- high res even while in a game with about 300 monsters during minute 30 of survival-- there is however some framerate issues. But I am sure all of this will get optimized with time-- and yes-- SSD Shows big improvement with framerate in some cases-- in others-- its the connection. I was at 1 frame every 4 seconds or so until about 3 minutes later someone dropped from our game-- went back up to 60 instantly

A lot of games have texture popping happen when you have high movement or a far camera angle. The loss of detail is only noticable if you really pay attention. Game developers actually put that on purpose sometimes, it saves on space and you won't be staring at your frames chizeled features when you have 50 infested chewing on the tip of your skana. Exe of games that had this. Halo, max payne, matrix reloaded, red dead and lost planet. Watch those games and look for a blur effect and loss of a texture layer.

Edited by (PS4)The_Roman07