Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dont Even Think About Nerfing Twin Viper Wraiths

PookieNumnums

People had to do WAY much more to get Brakk.

Yet it has been nerfed.

Don't expect TVW to be treated any other way, if masses of whining crybabies will hit the forums(99% of them not even having it due to whatever).

Old stories tend to repeat themselves.

I EARNED them.

DONT, TOUCH THEM, after you give them to us!

THALL SHALL NOT NERF!

Ok...  Let's have a thought excercise for a minute...

Let's say that these guns fired little nuclear darts that would single-handedly wipe an entire map in one bullet.  Each explosion does enough damage to instagib Ambulas.

Would that be OP?  Yes.  Would that ruin the game and need a nerf?  Also yes.  Obviously it's an extreme example, but I hope you see my point.

There's a difference between nerfing and nerfing into the ground.  Just because DE has a bad habit of doing the second one doesn't mean that the first one isn't a good option sometimes.

Lots of people hate fun, so if these weapons turn out to be fun, expect the nerf herders to storm the forums shouting and stomping their feet demanding everyone have less fun.

Typical cry baby.

*sob* my brakk does 2 times more damage than any other secondary in game but now I can't shot with it mobs all across the map anymore *weep* *weep* *weep*

get a grip and get some perspective

stupid mongrels

Typical cry baby.

*sob* my brakk does 2 times more damage than any other secondary in game but now I can't shot with it mobs all across the map anymore *weep* *weep* *weep*

get a grip and get some perspective

stupid mongrels

See what I mean about shouting and stomping their feet?

If they need balancing, then they need balancing.

^this

People who cry wolf at any kind of nerf are idiots. They clearly don't understand how a game works. I predict the following: DE will release the Twin Wraith Vipers to the public in order to collect feedback. A couple of days later they will either receive a buff or a nerf. That is how balancing a video game works.

Edited by Brimir

^this

People who cry wolf at any kind of nerf are idiots. They clearly don't understand how a game works. I predict the following: DE will release the Twin Wraith Vipers to the public in order to collect feedback. A couple of days later they will either receive a buff or a nerf. That is how balancing a video game works.

It's how DE does it usually. It's not how it "works" in all cases.

It's how DE does it usually. It's not how it "works" in all cases.

This game IS in beta, so it is expected that things will change. (At least, it is expected from anyone that has half a brain.) That being said, I find it funny that people are already wanting the gun not to be nerfed, despite having absolutely no real evidence on how the gun will perform.

you know , not to step on anybody's balls but..''the game is still in beta'' excuse doesn't work anymore

Before they introduce new things they need to test S#&$ out before release.Not rely on our feedback.That's very unprofesional.

you know , not to step on anybody's balls but..''the game is still in beta'' excuse doesn't work anymore

Before they introduce new things they need to test S#&$ out before release.Not rely on our feedback.That's very unprofesional.

If we're talking about potentially game-breaking mechanics, then sure, DE should make sure it doesn't just outright make the game unplayable, because that's a huge issue. If we're talking about one single weapon (which we are), it doesn't matter if it's initially released as being unbalanced, because it's just one gun, and it doesn't take long to rebalance simple numbers on a page.

If we're talking about potentially game-breaking mechanics, then sure, DE should make sure it doesn't just outright make the game unplayable, because that's a huge issue. If we're talking about one single weapon (which we are), it doesn't matter if it's initially released as being unbalanced, because it's just one gun, and it doesn't take long to rebalance simple numbers on a page.

It matters very much.People put a lot of effort into leveling and forma.And if they can't get something as simple as a weapon right then, that is bad..

It matters very much.People put a lot of effort into leveling and forma.And if they can't get something as simple as a weapon right then, that is bad..

When people spend forma on an item, they should HOPEFULLY be aware that things can be subject to change. This is a kind of game, after all, that sees frequent patching. If you see something is horribly OP, feel free to spend forma on it and use it while it's there, but don't be surprised if DE nerfs it so it's not so ridiculous anymore.

If you want to complain about the fact that DE can't seem to get balancing right even AFTER we give them feedback, however, then that's valid. (Or if they just completely ignore our feedback - that is also a significant issue.) Look at all the useless melee weapons, for example - it's been about 11 months since I started playing and we still have a ton of completely worthless content that hasn't been fixed yet. That's something worth complaining about.

Edited by Aliiias

i don't think you see the point

''If you see something is horribly OP'' to begin with, that's bad

Well okay, sure, it's bad. I just don't think it's THAT big an issue, and I think it's more forgivable if it happens, since it's not necessarily so easy to get something well balanced on the first try, even something as simple as one gun. It's easier to really nail it once a wide enough audience gets some time to mess with it. (But, to be fair, DE really hasn't been too good at nailing it even WITH the community testing, so...)

yet in EVERY online game that releases content monthly or weekly, they almost never get thye weapon right the first time.

do you think devs can S#&$ gold?

Why not? It -is- still in Beta.

Why? This -is- their test server, we are their testers. If they wish to make a second server and only give that one the updates automatically and only give the 'main' server the updates after 2-3 months of testing.. Please sign me up for the 'Test' server so I can have the shiny things and the event items etc. which must be 'tested' right? >.>

Edited by Makya

yet in EVERY online game that releases content monthly or weekly, they almost never get thye weapon right the first time.

do you think devs can S#&$ gold?

no , I think they can play the dam weapon for a few minutes before they release it

It doesn't take no extensive testing to see if the weapons are dam ridiculous or not.The fact that these things keep flowing in just shows they don't give a S#&$.

Why? This -is- their test server, we are their testers. If they wish to make a second server and only give that one the updates automatically and only give the 'main' server the updates after 2-3 months of testing.. Please sign me up for the 'Test' server so I can have the shiny things and the event items etc. which must be 'tested' right? >.>

Who do you think you're kidding.Who do you think they're kidding.This is not a beta game.When you start paying real money it stops being a test game.You're essentially paying for a reduced version of the game.Someone put it realy well..These are not real beta tests anymore, these are payed previews.You can't hide behind this kind of sorry excuses anymore.Not when they make you pay full price to test their game.

Edited by Nnazqul

you forget that the game already released...

you forget that the game already released...

You mean the old version on the PS4 which is several months behind PC?

Who do you think you're kidding.Who do you think they're kidding.This is not a beta game.When you start paying real money it stops being a test game.You're essentially paying for a reduced version of the game.Someone put it realy well..These are not real beta tests anymore, these are payed previews.You can't hide behind this kind of sorry excuses anymore.

I'm not hiding. How you define 'beta' and how DE/Companies define 'beta' differs, I get that.. Doesn't matter. BTW, if people didn't pay DE, how would be continue working on the game? For the PC beta testers the game is free and just about every item is given away for free or can be gained in game, so seeing as you don't have to 'pay with real money', then I guess this proves it is a test game? Further more, you don't know much about games if you think 'if it costs money, then it is not testing', check out the indy market.. many of the newer games are alpha/beta and you have to buy in to even try out the game. Heck, even Star Citizen is still Beta yet there is a significant market in that game.

You mean the old version on the PS4 which is several months behind PC?

I'm not hiding. How you define 'beta' and how DE/Companies define 'beta' differs, I get that.. Doesn't matter. BTW, if people didn't pay DE, how would be continue working on the game? For the PC beta testers the game is free and just about every item is given away for free or can be gained in game, so seeing as you don't have to 'pay with real money', then I guess this proves it is a test game? Further more, you don't know much about games if you think 'if it costs money, then it is not testing', check out the indy market.. many of the newer games are alpha/beta and you have to buy in to even try out the game. Heck, even Star Citizen is still Beta yet there is a significant market in that game.

It's a free to play game but the cash shop is fully functional.Call it what you want but the moment they charge you full price for a broken and incomplete version of the game you can't hide under the pretense of a test game anymore.Period.

No , we don't have to accept this kind of excuses anymore.

It's a free to play game but the cash shop is fully functional.Call it what you want but the moment they charge you full price for a broken and incomplete version of the game you can't hide under the pretense of a test game anymore.Period.

You aren't charged full price, you are charged 'current price'. The market prices may fall or raise as the game continues. Also the cash shop works, I would not say it is fully functional until it is reasonable and balanced.

No , we don't have to accept this kind of excuses anymore.

You don't have to. You can chose not to play. As I said before, if this isn't supposed to be the test server where unrefined stuff is put, then please move me to the test server so I can play with the newest toys and give my thoughts on them while you can be left on a server that gets the updates I tested 2-6 months down the road, which is how Beta vs Live servers tend to be in finished games.