Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dungeon Crawlers Need Not Apply

FiveSwords

Make mods drop from crates and lockers in all maps. If a room is off the main path between infil, exfil, and your targets, increase the chances of uncommon and rare drops from said chests and lockers. Maybe there can be hidden objectives in maps, similar to vaults in OD, where you can find a datamass that isn't part of any primary spy/md/deception objective, and if you carry said datamass to exfil the team will get a guaranteed rare resource (or something else reasonably valuable).

Maybe there can be hidden objectives in maps, similar to vaults in OD, where you can find a datamass that isn't part of any primary spy/md/deception objective, and if you carry said datamass to exfil the team will get a guaranteed rare resource (or something else reasonably valuable).

or put that in assassination mission like add the boss's quarters put chests, lockers in there that drop those + a chance of dropping BP items(not the warframe components though 'cause its in the boss' inventory

Having uncommon/rare resources be "weighted" to show up more often in hidden/puzzle tiles would be great, it would give more incentive to explore instead of rushing and also add some immersive quality making us feel like we're actually raiding the ship/outpost in search of the good stuff.

Ahh, someone hit the nail on the head.

If chest/lockers/containers had better chances to drop mods, rare materials, and more credits, it would create more incentive to explore and less to rushrushrush around with all the problems that brings with it.

Traps might help with this, but corpus cameras were supposedly put in to limit the rushrushrush foolishness, but as we all know the effect is minimal, especially with so many Rhino players. Perhaps more serious faction ambushes to penalize the unwary. You do see a certain degree of this in nightmare mode (the heedless don't last long on some variants), but balancing with the community at large in mind might be tricky.

Real exploration rewards. Rare "chests" with reliably good stuff in them: mods, cores, void keys.

The dragon keys are a start, but we need keys (without drawbacks) that you can use in other tilesets.

It wouldn't be perfect, but it would help I think.

Edited by The_Doc

Make mods drop from crates and lockers in all maps. If a room is off the main path between infil, exfil, and your targets, increase the chances of uncommon and rare drops from said chests and lockers. Maybe there can be hidden objectives in maps, similar to vaults in OD, where you can find a datamass that isn't part of any primary spy/md/deception objective, and if you carry said datamass to exfil the team will get a guaranteed rare resource (or something else reasonably valuable).

Awesome idea dude. I never found a use for going to all of the crates but if there were some kind of incentive to do so then I would go around mod hunting through lockers and storage containers.

When there were rare mods in the void that only came out of boxes, we covered every inch of that thing. It was a real treat to complete the more difficult parkour gauntlets. Then they changed the drop tables and made it pointless.

Good times...

Until there's stuff in the levels worth searching for, spending 45 minutes looting a level is never going to be fun or profitable.

Voids and Derelicts for a little while encouraged exploration, until people realized that other than the odd random mod coming out of a chest, there is no reason to explore, do the parkour rooms or any of that shiz.

I think part of the problem is that WF simply doesn't have a loot system that is fun to interact with.

Basically anything I could get out of a chest or exploration is also something I can get from doing assloads of Survival. There's none of that "Ooh I see a chest, I open it, oooooo special smexy sword of awesomeness."

I'm not necessarily saying WF loot SHOULD be like that. But it's the primary reason why clearing a level for loot is always going to feel redundant alongside the rest of gameplay.