Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Puncture's almighty power

ApokalypsBZH

I feel like puncture is way too powerful as it is right now. I think that piercing bullets should lose some damage and stopping power after going through walls or enemies. Obviously, higher level puncture will have less damage reduction. What do you think about this ?

Edited by ap0k41yp5

So how exactly does puncture work? I have a +7 puncture mod but haven't really tested it. While I'm at it, what does multishot do? If i have multishot +50%, does that mean I fire an additional bullet after two shots? Seems pretty powerful if that's the case if put in something like the Snipetron.

Arg, I must have sold them! Can I formally request the ability to favorite mods and make them unsellable? I'm kind of hoping the whole interface for dealing with mods will get some more love, actually. The ability to sort by various types is sorely needed.

It would be nice to find more information on forum about some statistics for weapons... and a little more information about normal statistic.. what if my crit change is on lvl 0.05 and what happen when it be 0.20.

Another suggestion - atm player need to calculate on himself all stats from weapon.. i know 1 point of crit change give 0.01 if i have 10 points of my basic crit change willl be 0.05+ 0.10 = 0.15, but every single upgrade point dont calculate it and all the time show 0.05 -> 0.06. Same with mods, if i have 5 mod +xx% to shield i needed to check on my own that if all of this mods works or only one. Its kinda anoying.

I thought that Puncture and Multishot are useles and dont use it.. now i think.. time to chage this :P

Yes, those are crazy powerful mods. 7 = 7 meter depth. Multishot +50% means every second shot fires 2 bullets.

Ohh.. so that explains why my rifle was double-shotting every ten shots... it's that silly +10% mod I threw on there and forgot about and had no idea what it originally did.

Interesting.

So what would multishot +150% do? Double-shot every shot, and then triple shot every other?

my sicarus has +75% multishot and +73% multishot. it shoots better than my other guns at the moment. i can basically keep running throughout easy lvl, burst everyone in the head n breeze thru the whole thing.

correct me if i'm wrong,but last itme i check this is how multishot calculate, (using number from wicked)

= Base Stat(1) * ( 1 + 0.75) * (1 + 0.73)

= 3.0275

so every time you shoot, you have 100% chance of shoot 3 bullet instead of 1 and 2.75% to shoot 4 bullet instead of 1.

one of my friend have a 5.6 multi shoot on a Gorgon....... his gorgon never ran out of ammo since -*-.

simple fix.. u can't have more than 100% multishot.. now im using 135% ...

or other option.. lower dmg from this "additional" bullets.. every another will deal lower dmg.

Difrent weapons can have difrent amount of max multishots... shotguns.. gorgon or even sniper with hmm 100%+ multishots destroy system and mobs ;] Snipertron with 200+ multishots.. :)

Punkture .. i know how it works.. have +9 (2 mods have it only for pistols) but hmm never show that it works correctly.... maybe im just blind ;]

Edited by Dreed

some mods need to be improved and some need neft ;] .. elemental dmg &!$$ed me off.. only using electro because it take shield fast.. and thats all.. fire is nothing special.. freez .. irly dont neet it here.

many of this dont hurt bosses and harder mobs.. :(

I haven't seen a multishot mod drop since the patch, I think they may have taken it out for tweaking.

Puncture is quite powerful against enemies in cover and very handy against the Grineer shield lancers, because it goes through their shield, eliminating their main advantage on you. It seems a bit TOO powerful but I'm sure they'll think of something.

I haven't seen a multishot mod drop since the patch, I think they may have taken it out for tweaking.

Puncture is quite powerful against enemies in cover and very handy against the Grineer shield lancers, because it goes through their shield, eliminating their main advantage on you. It seems a bit TOO powerful but I'm sure they'll think of something.

Just had a 50% multi drop today.