The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does The Pc Version At Max Settings Look The Same As The Ps4 Version?

lautalocos

i have all of the settings in warframe maxed out in a 1600x900 monitor, except for nvidia physx, because i have an AMD VGA.

also, i have v-sync on, because if not i expereince screen tearing. oh, and i have directx 11 and tesselation on. dunno if that will explain this.

i went to my friend house, and we played warframe of his PS4 for a while. now, i think the PS4 doesnt have physx, so the 2 versions should look the same, right?

well, after playing for a while, i was pretty sure that the PS4 version looked better. i tried fidling with some settings, turning bloom and color correction onm then only one on, and then only the other on, but the PS4 version still seemed to look the same.

if anybody saw both versions (obviously with the PC version at max settings) i would like to know if you think they look the same or not.

edit: okay, after a second look, i see the PC version looks better, BUT, only in gameplay videos.

in my game, everything looks darker. i fiddled with the contrast and brightness settings, tried the same with color correction on and off, and i still have no idea why this happens. maybe it is my monitor? i don´t think so, it´s not even one year old and it´s a good one.

to anyone tech savvy, the monitor is capped at 60 Hz. does that change anything in the quality besides the framerate cap when activating v-sync.

Edited by lautalocos

I have yet to see a PC game at max settings get out-beautified by a console.

Consoles are just mid-grade or lower PCs with limited proprietary software and hardware. Even a "next gen" console is half or less the price of a good gaming PC, which very frequently range from 1-3000 USD.

And you do get what you pay for with technology (assuming you are savvy enough to build a properly researched system).

Edited by Serpentia

I have yet to see a PC game at max settings get out-beautified by a console.

Consoles are just mid-grade or lower PCs with limited proprietary software and hardware. Even a "next gen" console is half or less the price of a good gaming PC, which very frequently range from 1-3000 USD.

And you do get what you pay for with technology (assuming you are savvy enough to build a properly researched system).

i know this, and my PC can definitely run games faster than the PS4. thats why i was worried i couldnt run warframe at it´s full potential.

TVs tend to have some bizarre display settings that shorten their lifespan but make most things look really nice and crisp. I can assure you that you can get the same effect with a bit of patience, a bit of intelligence, and a little thing called SweetFX.

But you should probably just invest in a decent IPS panel and outdo the TV on multiple levels.

The graphics are going to be significantly better than the PS4 because it's a PC. A desktop PC is very customizable, allowing the user to change the components inside including the most essential part to gamers, the GPU. There are many options on the computer that outrank the PS4's GPU.

does it really matter? at the end of the day, you're playing the same game >_> the slight graphical enhancements of the PC is not whats important. its the frames and how fluid the game is. im pretty sure with abit more optimization the PS4 version can be brought to amazing levels. a port of course is not going to be as good as the original

does it really matter? at the end of the day, you're playing the same game >_> the slight graphical enhancements of the PC is not whats important. its the frames and how fluid the game is. im pretty sure with abit more optimization the PS4 version can be brought to amazing levels. a port of course is not going to be as good as the original

The PC is still superior even with optimization, I mean that is of course if the PC also gets the same level of attention. Graphics don't matter for everyone but as Community Moderator Letter13 stated above: it is eye candy.

The PC is still superior even with optimization, I mean that is of course if the PC also gets the same level of attention. Graphics don't matter for everyone but as Community Moderator Letter13 stated above: it is eye candy.

I guess I can understand wanting beautiful aesthetics and graphics as much as anyone else, but after years of having a Pentium 4 and 512 MB of RAM before finally getting a halfway decent laptop; I can assuredly say that I'd much prefer frame rate over graphical details.

does it really matter? at the end of the day, you're playing the same game >_> the slight graphical enhancements of the PC is not whats important. its the frames and how fluid the game is.

Since you don't understand, it may be that you haven't spent a lot of money on your PC. A family member may have even bought it for you. Let me try to break this down for you so you may be able to understand and relate better.

Let's say you spend around $400 to $800 on a good gaming PC. You know the potential and limits of all your parts because you spent the time and researched all the parts yourself. You also put the computer together, installed the OS, downloaded all the drivers, and tweaked your settings for the best balance of performance and quality you can get. This is a lot of time just to set up a computer to play games, since buying prebuilds will cost you more for less. Maybe you even saved up a few months to buy this PC.

Now your friend payed $400 for a PS4. You probably even advised him against it, since a PC for the same price will perform a lot better. Now imagine you go to your friend's house and his PS4 games look better than your computer's games.

Not only do you know that this isn't physically possible, since your PC can have up to double the specs on that PS4, but you also feel a bit cheated. All that time you spent researching and setting up your PC, yet you lose out to something your friend bought and started playing within an hour or two? That would feel crappy and confusing.

Edited by Grascen

Some people like getting the best graphics they can.

Otherwise we would all just play MUD's, right?

Since you don't understand, it may be that you haven't spent a lot of money on your PC. A family member may have even bought it for you. Let me try to break this down for you so you may be able to understand and relate better.

Let's say you spend around $400 to $800 on a good gaming PC. You know the potential and limits of all your parts because you spent the time and researched all the parts yourself. You also put the computer together, installed the OS, downloaded all the drivers, and tweaked your settings for the best balance of performance and quality you can get. This is a lot of time just to set up a computer to play games, since buying prebuilds will cost you more for less. Maybe you even saved up a few months to buy this PC.

Now your friend payed $400 for a PS4. You probably even advised him against it, since a PC for the same price will perform a lot better. Now imagine you go to your friend's house and his PS4 games look better than your computer's games.

Not only do you know that this isn't physically possible, since your PC can have up to double the specs on that PS4, but you also feel a bit cheated. All that time you spent researching and setting up your PC, yet you lose out to something your friend bought and started playing within an hour or two? That would feel crappy and confusing.

gonna let you know. nobody buys any piece of tech for me. i purchase everything for myself and i know exactly what i play so i can gauge exactly what i need. I play on a lenovo ideapad y510p. this bad boy slaughters this game. With the money i could have built a somewhat decent PC but i dont need a desktop(limited room) so i bought a laptop. it covers my gaming needs and has the power for my design suites and whatnot. I also plan on purchasing a ps4 in a few months because im more of a console gamer than a pc gamer. at the day if i can play the games I want on whatever platform i want I dont care. a game can look as nice as it wants but if it cant play for crap whats the point?