Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion For Ogris, Penta, Stug.

Fomiru

These are all hilariously fun weapons, and awesome to use, however how their ammo currently works...  It's a bit powerful.

Now I know the Miter uses sniper ammo, and uses rifle mods.

Why not use something like this?

Or why not give them even less rockets, grenades, etc, for a little more aoe range?  

I think the point of these guns should be for a panic situation, and not just used as an ultimate ability that can be fired off forever.

It's just my two cents, but what do ya'll think?

For the case of the stug I believe the ammo can be lowered as well, its very very powerful, but I think it should be used in only tougher panic situations, again.

Perhaps have a special "Launcher" weapon subtype?  Could even have its own mods!

( I don't hate these weapons, I own and have them potatoed minus Penta, I just believe in balance. )

Edited by TzTokBoggle

It's an interesting idea.

The problems with this though is that DE would have to implement an explosive/artillery slot in place of where those weapons reside now as primary/secondary weapons.

As it stands, I'm happy with how the weapons are implemented as their drawbacks encourage more thoughtful aim.

It's an interesting idea.

The problems with this though is that DE would have to implement an explosive/artillery slot in place of where those weapons reside now as primary/secondary weapons.

As it stands, I'm happy with how the weapons are implemented as their drawbacks encourage more thoughtful aim.

Ah, i'm not saying doing that, like a new weapon subtype.  Like Bows, or Sniper Rifles.

I like how they perform, just think the ammo needs to be cut down a bit.

Dude... U really don't want many friends in the community right!? Making Nerf posts will not help your rep very much. Just giving my 2 cents...

This isn't what the thread is about, please try and stay on topic.

I have an opinion about some weapons that deems them too strong, I will voice them.

Though I have opinions, It's not like I think some things are under powered as well.

What gets to me is that u start to say these weapons are fun to use.

Everysingle weapon that is fun to use sooner or later is nerfed by DE, either because they want to nerf it or because someone starts a bloody nerf post, so please let them continue to be fun to use. They have drawbacks (they can kill the player) and i think that is enough to leave them alone, OP and fun to use. 

Funny part is, anyone who actually uses these weapons knows that a change in ammo would effect absolutely nothing. The only people who think ammo is a problem are people who have seen it in action and are simply aware that it has a lot of ammo. Yes, it's obviously more effective than Thunderbolt on a bow, and bows and snipers have a lot less ammo, but even if it only had 50 rounds, you would never run out. I think the lowest I ever get is 510 out of 540 max, in that very brief moment before walking an ammo drop or two. Really not sure why people think less ammo would do anything whatsoever.

Increasing AOE would probably be a bad idea, as it dramatically increases suicides in maps that are certainly not defined by their wide open spaces.

Edit: Forgot about the Stug. It already has a lower total ammo capacity as it is a secondary weapon. The only argument amongst secondary ammo pools is a buff to the bullet hoses to make them a bit more viable.

Edited by direcyphre

Funny part is, anyone who actually uses these weapons knows that a change in ammo would effect absolutely nothing. The only people who think ammo is a problem are people who have seen it in action and are simply aware that it has a lot of ammo. Yes, it's obviously more effective than Thunderbolt on a bow, and bows and snipers have a lot less ammo, but even if it only had 50 rounds, you would never run out. I think the lowest I ever get is 510 out of 540 max, in that very brief moment before walking an ammo drop or two. Really not sure why people think less ammo would do anything whatsoever.

Increasing AOE would probably be a bad idea, as it dramatically increases suicides in maps that are certainly not defined by their wide open spaces.

I have to agree here...

Unless you are limiting the ammo to 5-10 shots total your idea would have little impact.

You would basically have to relegate this to a special or gear slot giving you back your primary/secondary weapon given the number of enemies in a mission if an idea like this was implemented.

I don't think I've ever even dropped below 500 ammo before going all the way back up.

I've KO'd myself numerous times with the Penta, due to many different circumstances (allies moving in to the way, enemies moving where I didn't expect, etc)

It's very easy to kill yourself if you aren't careful. These weapons SHOULD be powerful.

Yeesh. TzTok, have you actually tried using a Penta?

If you had, you'd know there is more skill to them than just point and shoot.

If you haven't: Be quiet. Your opinion is literally uninformed and doesn't matter.

Only comment on a weapon if you've used it yourself, and used it for several days straight. Y'know, when you actually have a proper feel for it.