Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Orion - The Hunter

FiveHours

Alright guys, I have an idea. Most of the warframes use magic or science for their powers and themes, but Tenno are ninjas who endure years of hard training, so I thought a warframe that is themed around skill and skill alone is a nice little dash of originality.

Since I am incredibly bad at drawing, any talented artists who are willing to help me can PM me or post on this topic their interpretation of the frame, where adjustments can be made accordingly.

I am looking for something that looks really rugged and a frame that has some years to its name. A belt or a holster at the front, on the chest to have Orion's Revolver in it.

Okay, I am absolutely rubbish at descriptions, so if someone can think a good one up and send it to me, send it in. This is the one I've done for now:

Here are some base stats:
Health: 125
Shield Capacity: 90
Energy Capacity: 100
Armor: 15
Sprint Speed: 1.1

Now, for abilities. Since he doesn't (really) use any magic in his abilities, he will use either his experience or his ancient Orokin revolver Sirius to defeat his enemies. Again, these are just placeholder namesfor the real thing, please feel free to suggest any.

Dead Aim (25 energy)
Fires one bullet from Orion's revolver that has 1.5/2/2.5/3 punch-through, deals 150/225/400/500 damage with a range of 20/30/40/50m
1.0s cast time. This is the time taken for Orion to line up the shot and fire.

Inner Strength (50 energy)
Orion digs deep into his memories of ruthless training and empowers it into his weapons.
+20/30/40/50% fire and attack rate on all weapons for 4/5/6/7 seconds.
1.0s cast time where Orion places his hand over his temple, and a flash of *energy colour* light flashes over him.

Pinpoint (35 energy)
Orion shoots out the targets kneecaps, dealing 75 damage and slowing the targets movement for 40/50/60/70% for 6/7/8/9 seconds.
Instant effect, no cast time.

Guns Blazing (100 energy)
Orion concentrates and isolates himself from the heat of battle.
Orion gets out his revolver, putting all other weapons away. He enters something that looks like Ash's noble stance, but with head bowed and hands raised in the kunai position (the one where his hands are corssed on his chest). All noise is muffled and turned down, and Orion is given a small, white aura.
The player then has 3/4/5/6 seconds to select as many targets in the room as possible with the left mouse button, the cursor is just the normal crosshair. The player is given free 360 degree look control. Selected targets will glow red, similar to Blade Storm.
After the "selection" is over, Orion raises his revolver and delivers 1000/1500/2000/2500 damage to the selected targets by shooting them once in the head and vitals. Targets can not be selected more than once. If no targets are selected during the time period, Orion will have a small 2 second cooldown period, in which he cant attack or move.

Other abilities that could replace others:
Eye of the Predator / Eye of the Hunter (25 energy)
Orion focuses his mind, sharpening his vision and fine-tuning his accuracy.
For 5/6/7/8 seconds, Orion has boosted accuracy and zoom of +30/40/50/60%
Clean Kill
Orion uses precise strikes in combat to reveal hidden health and energy orbs.
Any enemy killed by a melee weapon in the 4/5/6/7 second duration of this skill has a 50/60/70/80% chance to drop a health orb and 20/30/40/50% chance to drop an energy orb.
Fear Strike
Orion highlights 1/2/3/4 enemies (no bosses) in front of him to be marked for death. When the enemy is killed, all other enemies within 10/15/20/25 meters will run away in fear for 15/20/25/30 seconds, like animals.
Snare
Orion sets a snare trap that holds it's target in stasis for 3/4/5/6 seconds and then explodes into a cloud of shrapnel, dealing 300/400/500/600 shared puncture and slash damage in a 5/10/15/20 meter radius.
Afterward:
Okay, this warframe might seem a bit sketchy, but I think it can really do something awesome. This is an original idea, maybe some inspiration from a few frames, but nonetheless, I believe that this is a good idea. Maybe you may think not, tell me why not, and I can make some tweaks! Too OP? Done! Too underpowered? Fixed! I am very open to constructive criticism (that means no complaining that won't help anybody), it will help me a lot. Thanks for reading my concept, and please upvote it so DE can see and hoepfully make this idea into something real!
~Doctor Antidote
*EDITS*

Changed name from Venator to Orion, Venator was taken.

Needed the Pinpoint ability to be nerfed, the energy is now a bit higher.

Alternate abilities added.

Revolver name being changed to Sirius.

Position for revolver on model added.

Added CC.

Orion... dang, wish I had thought of that for my "Hunter" frame idea.

As for this one, some of the ideas are interesting, but the first and last of the main abilities do seem a bit much like modded Ash abilities. Not sure which of the alternates would make good replacements, though.