Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Vehicular Combat] Bike Warfare

LordWartusk

So, a while ago someone posted an idea about vehicles being implemented in Warframe. This got me thinking, and so here's my (very basic) list of ideas for how vehicles could be implemented.

-------------------------

Premise:

To battle the Corpus and Grineer in their military vehicles, the Tenno have constructed vehicles of great speed and agility to avoid the heavy fire of their enemies. These bikes are used to combat the vehicles used by the enemies of the Tenno. They can easily match speed, and their firepower is enough to take down a tank.
Bike Concepts:

Hyperion: The standard issue bike used by all Tenno. It makes use of a fairly simple railgun on the front, with aiming independent of bike direction.

Cyclops: An ATV based on Grineer design. It is heavily armored, and has a powerful minigun on the front that fires in the driving direction of the ATV.

Minerva: A hover-bike heavily influenced by Corpus design. Makes use of two pulse rifles that can be aimed, and fire extremely fast and powerful shots that have a low fire rate.

Sekhmet: An infested crawler that moves swiftly on its six legs. It has a free-aiming stinger that aims above the Tenno’s head, firing blasts of biotic energy at a rapid rate.

New Game Type Concepts:

Convoy: The Tenno must chase down and destroy a convoy carrying equipment intended for their enemies’ war efforts. The convoy is riding through a canyon on one of the various new tilesets, with different enemies (tanks, other bikes, flying vehicles) trying to keep the Tenno away. If the convoy is not destroyed in time, a ship will come retrieve the important transports and the mission will fail.

Assault: The opposing factions have created a base (on a new tileset) that is heavily defended by anti-air turrets. Since your ships cannot deploy the Tenno, they must move in by bike to destroy the most important structures (reactors, anti-air turrets, etc.) and then flee the base before reinforcements arrive.

Basically, the idea behind these game-types would be to provide a more fast-paced mode that would appeal to a wider group of gamers. This could also open the way for new bosses, new enemies, and new rewards from bosses, the void, etc.

i think the maps are too small to actually implement any vehicles.. they should make a huge open map first before this

Well, I did mention new tilesets in the new gamemode section. And the ones needed would need to be huge for most of the ideas to work.

It would take a large map with wide open areas (modified Phobos, Jupiter and Cicero!Earth tilesets come to mind - I don't think new tilesets are necessary to make it work), but I could see this being implemented as a new gamemode - it'd be an interesting change of pace from always moving on foot, IMHO. While there could be tons of more vehicles and tilesets, I like that your proposal keeps thing simple to make it easy to implement first.

This also opens up the possibility for a Clan Dojo or Conclave racetrack, as well as a variant of the Capture missions that could let you use a vehicle to cross a map and retrieve the target.

Edited by ZephyrPhantom