Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Combat Feedback/suggestion

BWS-1

Hey DE, I've been fighting around in Warframe for quite some time now, enjoying both the gun battles as well as the melee fighting, but I've noticed that, while the idea of being able to ''use the melee weapon on the go'' with it being ''always at the ready'' regardless of the ranged weapon equiped, I wonder if it wouldn't be an interesting feature - for some, an improvement even (... ok, I mean me) - to allow the player to EQUIP the melee weapon in the same fashion that range weapons can be equiped.

And I mean, let's say there is a concern for ''excessive cycling'' (since, if we'd use the default way to switch weapons, we'd have to go from Main Weapon > Side Weapon > Melee just to reach your Melee), it could function around the lines of ''Holding Melee Attack + Change Weapon'' or ''Block + Melee Attack'' for a short amount of time perhaps?

With a melee weapon in hand, the dynamic would change: no more delay for the first strike, if you'd want to use your guns you'd have to hold Fire which would temporarely put the melee weapon away to go straight to gunning, but the moment you'd let go of the trigger it would switch back to melee (basically the opposite of how it works right now).

O hey and if you want, you could get fancy with various stances and animation sets for each melee types ;)

What do you think, all?

... I didn't watch, no.

Sorry, I guess?

you really should pay attention to what DE says from time to time.

will save you time/effort.

Actually, I do. But I guess I should ALWAYS watch them, which if I did, I'd probably end up spending more time/effort than just keeping up as I do right now. Besides, they already have my blessings from early open beta days when I felt like I could put my faith (and money) in those guys. It isn't ''blind faith'', but I am still confident enough to not have to keep up with everything ''they say they'll do or not do''. Speaking of which, what did they say about this thing I wrote up? Which livestream was it? Are they down with the idea or not?

Edited by BWS-1

Melee 2.0, hopefully in update 12, with the features you are asking for it seems.
Watch the livestream at minute 24, although i suggest you watch it all because its a very interesting video, lots of stuff in it (including an HUD big change)